saha_pritam

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I submitted EOR on 24th October 2017, below are the details.
Previous result: L8.5 R9 W7.5 S6.5
Got the revised result today, 3rd January 2018
New score: L8.5 R9 W7.5 S7

Test center: Canada College, Ottawa
Test taker: British Council
Exam date: 30th September 2017

After getting the magical CLB 9 figure, my CRS point jumped from 422 to 454. Hoping to get an ITA soon.

Reactions: Geebee525

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
Hi all,

I submitted EOR on 24th October 2017, below are the details.
Previous result: L8.5 R9 W7.5 S6.5
Got the revised result today, 3rd January 2018
New score: L8.5 R9 W7.5 S7

Test center: Canada College, Ottawa
Test taker: British Council
Exam date: 30th September 2017

After getting the magical CLB 9 figure, my CRS point jumped from 422 to 454. Hoping to get an ITA soon.
Congratulations. Finally your wait is over. All the best for further process!

Reactions: saha_pritam

AkshaySachdev

Jan 4, 2018
Hi there,

I got my IELTS score LRWS - 9/9/6.5/8. Writing is taking my CRS down! I’m waiting for my TRF for revaluation, but what are the odds? Do the test checkers consider the score in other modules while reevaluating?

Thanks!
Akshay

Last edited:

vipul09

Jan 3, 2018
Wow. Congratulations!
That’s great news. Can you please share the details about your exams( Idp or bc and country, time taken for complete eor process and time from acknowledgement mail)
It took me 6 weeks to get the updated TRF- It was through IDP-INDIA

Popat

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Examiners/Markers will not even know your score for other module.

You shouldn't worry if you are confident that you performed well and covered basics of scoring criteria.

Hi there,

I got my IELTS score LRWS - 9/9/6.5/8. Writing is taking my CRS down! I’m waiting for my TRF for revaluation, but what are the odds? Do the test checkers consider the score in other modules while reevaluating?

Thanks!
Akshay

neptune09

Jan 4, 2018
India
Hello Folks,

Need your opinion, here are my scores, do you think I should undertake an Enquiry on Results for listening and writing? I am from India and taken the test via IDP in December 17.

Listening (7.5) Writing (6.5) Reading (9.0) Speaking (7.5)

Appreciate your response.

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
Hello Folks,

Need your opinion, here are my scores, do you think I should undertake an Enquiry on Results for listening and writing? I am from India and taken the test via IDP in December 17.

Listening (7.5) Writing (6.5) Reading (9.0) Speaking (7.5)

Appreciate your response.
Hi,

The listening score would never increase in EOR as paper is objective and checked mostly by machines so errors are none. You can try for writing but it won’t make sense as even if score increases you will lag behind in listening.

My advice would be to sit for another exam.

Reactions: neptune09

xxtreme

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Got EOR outcome yesterday from British Council and my speaking score changed from 6.5 to 7. That ends my journey towards CLB9. But I am very much disappointed for the time it took. I applied for EOR on 16 AUG 2017 and received result on 4 January 2018 whereas it was supposed to take maximum 8 weeks. Anyways happy in the end. Breakdown of LSRW bands are 8.5/7/8/7.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geebee525

vivekdelhi

Jun 28, 2017
One Query.... Is it a better idea that while you go for an EOR, one should go for all sections irrespective of the section in which one needs/feels 0.5 or 1 band increment. Just asking reason being - if any of the sectional score is increased there is atleast a refund if not increment in the section score sought after?

I have on 16 Dec 2017 exam scores : L 8.0 ; R 8.0 ; S 7.5 ; W 6.5. I need 0.5 increment in writing. I have applied EOR in all sections while being confident on the writing section. I have rarely scored less than 7.0 in writing in earlier exams and this time even better writing section i had.

It appears the checking is very random and not at all serious by examiners.

BC/IDP are only interested in minting money. A new form of colonial exploitation it seems by fooling the gullibles who rely on hard work.

Reactions: SJPLAMA

vivekdelhi

Jun 28, 2017
Hi,

The listening score would never increase in EOR as paper is objective and checked mostly by machines so errors are none. You can try for writing but it won’t make sense as even if score increases you will lag behind in listening.

I don't think L & R are checked by machines. There may be a chance of a clerical error, though very slim. Still, go for a recheck only in S & W sections and not L & R sections. You gotta score in LR and should take chance for W & S only.

neptune09

Jan 4, 2018
India
Hi,

Thank you, this helps!

neptune09

Jan 4, 2018
India
I don't think L & R are checked by machines. There may be a chance of a clerical error, though very slim. Still, go for a recheck only in S & W sections and not L & R sections. You gotta score in LR and should take chance for W & S only.
I think it will not help the cause, as I believe you need to get a minimum of 8 in listening to score CLB9 or above.