+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

Pujit1542

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
I think I need to share this and have some good writers score me:

Question: cooking is considered a waste of time and it is a lot convenient and makes modern life easy to buy food from restaurants.

Do you agree with this and share your opinion?

My answer:

Cooking is an integral part of processing raw food to make it edible. While some believe that the whole process is a sheer waste of time and energy, they are also of the opinion that it is easier and faster to purchase food from outdoor restaurants and fast foods. In my opinion, I believe it's more important to be wary of the hygiene and the cost implications of having to buy ready made food regularly.

To embark on, cooking consists of various methods such as mixing ingredients, baking, frying, boiling e.t.c that can be daunting and time consuming. Nonetheless, people need to take out time to prepare their own meals, so as to avoid consuming unhygienic meals. Most fast foods use a lot of unhealthy ingredients to mass produce food, which may result in people becoming obese and eventually cause heart disease. A recent study have shown that people who eat out a lot are more prone to get heart related diseases, as against those that take out time to prepare their meals.

However, the modern day world really does not give one time to cook, as there are lots of task to be accomplished. Hence, people tend to just acquire ready made meals or visit restaurants to quench their hunger. The cost implication of always buying food can be overwhelming after one take out time to do an overall schedule of how much is spent on food. An excerpt from the book "cook and save" suggests that people on the same wage bill who take out time to prepare their own meal are a lot richer than those who opt otherwise.

In conclusion, although it is sometimes Herculean and time consuming to cook, it is way healthier and financially wise to indulge in it, regardless of today's modern lifestyle.

If the above gives me 6.5 then I really don't know what to do again
Did you gave exam on 19th January

Nakulkapur

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
23-08-2019
Med's Request
09-sep-2019
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Update:

My writing score remains unchanged.

L8.5R9S8W6.5

After EOR for writing, it remained unchanged.

In my opinion, I don't think it was sent out to their U.K. office at all

I've booked for another test, hopefully I nail it this time
Why do you think it was not sent at all?

Nakulkapur

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
23-08-2019
Med's Request
09-sep-2019
Med's Done....
09-09-2019

Question: cooking is considered a waste of time and it is a lot convenient and makes modern life easy to buy food from restaurants.

My answer:

Cooking is an integral part of processing raw food to make it edible. While some believe that the whole process is a sheer waste of time and energy, they are also of the opinion that it is easier and faster to purchase food from outdoor restaurants and fast foods. In my opinion, I believe it's more important to be wary of the hygiene and the cost implications of having to buy ready made food regularly.

To embark on, cooking consists of various methods such as mixing ingredients, baking, frying, boiling e.t.c that can be daunting and time consuming. Nonetheless, people need to take out time to prepare their own meals, so as to avoid consuming unhygienic meals. Most fast foods use a lot of unhealthy ingredients to mass produce food, which may result in people becoming obese and eventually cause heart disease. A recent study have shown that people who eat out a lot are more prone to get heart related diseases, as against those that take out time to prepare their meals.

However, the modern day world really does not give one time to cook, as there are lots of task to be accomplished. Hence, people tend to just acquire ready made meals or visit restaurants to quench their hunger. The cost implication of always buying food can be overwhelming after one take out time to do an overall schedule of how much is spent on food. An excerpt from the book "cook and save" suggests that people on the same wage bill who take out time to prepare their own meal are a lot richer than those who opt otherwise.

In conclusion, although it is sometimes Herculean and time consuming to cook, it is way healthier and financially wise to indulge in it, regardless of today's modern lifestyle.

Well to be honest its a bit off topic and i guess that is the reason why you got 6.5. Its important to understand that question is about the important keywords here are time and convenience. While you can mention some of the other points, i believe you definitely have to focus on the earlier mentioned points, which I believe didn't happen and may be that is the only reason why you scored .5 less. Besides, your opinion didn't suggested if you agreed or partially agreed or completely disagreed.
I may be wrong but that is my opinion.

ambyg

Feb 20, 2019
My results got updated on Ielts essentials first and then i got an email from idp. My ielts journey ends here. I have another result coming tomorrow though. Wish you all; all the very best. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Nakulkapur

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
23-08-2019
Med's Request
09-sep-2019
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
My results got updated on Ielts essentials first and then i got an email from idp. My ielts journey ends here. I have another result coming tomorrow though. Wish you all; all the very best. Let me know if anyone has any questions.
Can you please share your revised and earlier score?

Nakulkapur

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
23-08-2019
Med's Request
09-sep-2019
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Exam 19th jan - LRWS - 9,8,6.5,7.5
EOR on 4th Feb
Revised Score - 9,8,7,7.5
Congratulations man!! I wish to get similar result.

Vive

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018

My answer:

IELTS Advantage Chris takes around 2.5K and evaluates one essay.
I think u can send to him and check wer exactly ure going wrong..

Santy1982

Feb 6, 2019
Hi All,

I took the IELTS CBT in Bangalore on Jan 12 and my scores were: L-9, R-8, S-7.5 and W-7. This was my first attempt and although I had already achieved the CLB 10 levels in Listening, Reading and Speaking and a CLB 9 in writing, I decided to apply for an EOR to see if I could improve my writing score.

On Jan 30, I applied for the EOR and, at the very last minute, decided to apply for both Speaking and Writing.

I received my results today. My Writing score remains unchanged but my Speaking score went up to 8.

Some tips:

1) If you are confident that you did well in Speaking and/or Writing, go with your instinct and apply for an EOR. However, if you bombed in Listening or Reading, it's almost impossible to get your scores changed.

2) ALWAYS apply for both Speaking and Writing!!! Irrespective of your actual requirement... this way, no matter which score changes, you will at least get your money back. The same thing happened with me.

3) Your score CANNOT go down. It can only be revised upwards. I believe there are some folks who have this doubt.

4) I could be wrong but a general rule of thumb is that the longer it takes, the higher the chances that your score will go up. My EOR took 26 days which is well beyond the stipulated 21 days.

5) Don't bother checking the IDP Candidate Log In page. Mine still shows the old Speaking score.

My IELTS journey ends here.

All the best guys!!!

qaziarslantariq

Sep 12, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
14-02-2019
Hi All,

I took the IELTS CBT in Bangalore on Jan 12 and my scores were: L-9, R-8, S-7.5 and W-7. This was my first attempt and although I had already achieved the CLB 10 levels in Listening, Reading and Speaking and a CLB 9 in writing, I decided to apply for an EOR to see if I could improve my writing score.

On Jan 30, I applied for the EOR and, at the very last minute, decided to apply for both Speaking and Writing.

I received my results today. My Writing score remains unchanged but my Speaking score went up to 8.

Some tips:

1) If you are confident that you did well in Speaking and/or Writing, go with your instinct and apply for an EOR. However, if you bombed in Listening or Reading, it's almost impossible to get your scores changed.

2) ALWAYS apply for both Speaking and Writing!!! Irrespective of your actual requirement... this way, no matter which score changes, you will at least get your money back. The same thing happened with me.

3) Your score CANNOT go down. It can only be revised upwards. I believe there are some folks who have this doubt.

4) I could be wrong but a general rule of thumb is that the longer it takes, the higher the chances that your score will go up. My EOR took 26 days which is well beyond the stipulated 21 days.

5) Don't bother checking the IDP Candidate Log In page. Mine still shows the old Speaking score.

My IELTS journey ends here.

All the best guys!!!
WoW! Amazing story.....
I am extremely confident about writing. In the worst case I should've achieved 6.5 but never a 6. Hoping for a positive EOR outcome.

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Hey guys,

New to this forum and have been reading up on all the posts here. Wanted to know your opinion on my situation.

I just got my IELTS results and got 9/7/8/8.5 in L/R/W/S. This was the very first time that I had appeared for the test. The 7 in Reading has left me hanging somewhere between a CLB 9 and a CLB 10. Had I got an 8 there I would have had CLB 10 but I am short by 3 points now.

I know a lot of websites and forums state that asking for a remark for Reading or Listening is pointless since the marking for these are generally straightforward. However, I never scored below 8 in any of the practice tests that I was doing prior the actual exam and I even found the actual IELTS reading test pretty easy. I had verified my answers prior to turning in the answer sheets to the examiner and was actually confident of at least an 8 there so this score came in as a rude shock.

Is there any possibility of a clerical error when it comes to marking the Reading or Listening sections? Has anyone had any success with asking for a remark for these sections?

I have no intention of sitting for the exam again since I still think that my overall score is decent. The 3 points would put me in a much more comfortable position than the one I am in now though.