+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
I have applied on 26th September and got confirmation from idp on 29th September.
Can you tell me if you got the confirmation from idp after couple of days?
Confirmation that documents are under consideration? I actually didn't get any such confirmation. I called them on few occasions and they said wait till 24th OCT however the result came early in around 3 weeks.

TouristJuly

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
Confirmation that documents are under consideration? I actually didn't get any such confirmation. I called them on few occasions and they said wait till 24th OCT however the result came early in around 3 weeks.
Sorry for so many questions.
I have 1 last for you.
Were you confident enough that you will get 7 in writing or you just tried your luck :)

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Sorry for so many questions.
I have 1 last for you.
Were you confident enough that you will get 7 in writing or you just tried your luck :)
It is quite alright. Actually I didn't expect it to change. I had prepared for two weeks only and gave very little attention to writing. When I started writing, I ended up spending around 30 minutes on the letter and then 12 mins on planning the essay. I had literally no time to write the essay. I wrote the last two paragraphs in last 5 minutes and couldn't correct my mistakes even though I knew I was making silly grammar mistakes because writing conclusion was more important than the correction of one paragraph. I had not got my practice essays remarked so I had no idea what band I'll get but I expected 6 or 6.5. I gave it up for EOR just in case with no hopes. Now even though I have reached CLB 9 I still think it's not enough for EE.

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
I have applied for EOR with British council India. Got EOR confirmation message today. It says 4 weeks for result.

LRWS 9/9/7/7.5 currently at 438. Need .5 more in writing to make it 441.

Not very hopeful. Almost all success stories are of people getting increase from 6.5 to 7 in writing or speaking.

Previous attempt: LRWS 8.5/8.5/7.5/7 applied EOR for speaking to increase to 7.5, but score didn't change.

Anybody had their original score of 7 in writing or speaking got increased to 7.5 ?

TouristJuly

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
I have applied for EOR with British council India. Got EOR confirmation message today. It says 4 weeks for result.

LRWS 9/9/7/7.5 currently at 438. Need .5 more in writing to make it 441.

Not very hopeful. Almost all success stories are of people getting increase from 6.5 to 7 in writing or speaking.

Previous attempt: LRWS 8.5/8.5/7.5/7 applied EOR for speaking to increase to 7.5, but score didn't change.

Anybody had their original score of 7 in writing or speaking got increased to 7.5 ?
In all likelihood next draw should be less then 440.

IC2018

Oct 13, 2018
Hi,
Test type: IELTS Academic
Test Organisation: IDP
Test Location: Toronto
Test Date: 15 Sep 2018
Result Date: 28 Sep 2018
EOR applied in person: 28 Sep 2018
(EOR applied for Speaking only)
Received Confirmation Email that case has been transferred to IDP Melbourne 03 Oct 2018
Received Email that results are ready 18 Oct 2018
Visited the office in person to pickup the result 18 Oct 2018
Speaking score changed from 6 to 7
Online result has also been changed from 6 to 7 today after receiving the hard copy.
I paid the fees in cash and received the cash right away when i visited their office for result collection.

Hope i answered all the upcoming questions :)

My suggestion to everyone is that please do not worry about 2 points difference fake theory, Do apply for remark if you are confident about your performance.

Best of luck to all

Last edited:

karanchopras

Feb 6, 2018
Is it so if EOR result is taking time then chances are it has not changed?
I submitted on 20th Sep IDP delhi and still not received any response.

Porusb

May 31, 2017
I appeared for Computer delivered IELTS from Mumbai on 12th October and got my result as below :

L - 8 R - 7.5, S - 7 W - 6.5
Should I go for remarking? are there any positive cases of remarking in computer delivered ielts?

In m last 5 attempts I have got 7 in writing module but this time I got 6.5 when in rest of the modules I got the desired bands, so I feel I should get my writing paper checked. Please through some light if anyone is familiar with remarking for computer delivered tests.

Thanks in advance.

Pr0077

Oct 10, 2018
I appeared for Computer delivered IELTS from Mumbai on 12th October and got my result as below :

Should I go for remarking? are there any positive cases of remarking in computer delivered ielts?

In m last 5 attempts I have got 7 in writing module but this time I got 6.5 when in rest of the modules I got the desired bands, so I feel I should get my writing paper checked. Please through some light if anyone is familiar with remarking for computer delivered tests.

Thanks in advance.
Go ahead with remarking

Thanks in advance.
Go ahead with remarking.

engr_m.umair

Aug 29, 2014
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-10-2019
Med's Done....
14-11-2019
Passport Req..
24-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2020
My brother and I applied for GT-IELTS BC (Karachi, Pakistan) on 29-Sep-2018. He got L/R/W/S 9/8.5/6.5/6.5 and I got 8/7/6.5/7, and after receiving the results on 12-Oct-2018 my brother submitted EOR for both of TRF's on 15-Oct-2018. After applying for EOR he received EOR acknowledgment email on 18-Oct-2018 but I haven't received any acknowledgment till now. I sent an email BC to inquire about it, that is there any issue? I haven't got any E-mail!, so they replied me on Friday (19-Oct-2018) that EOR acknowledgment email is sent within a week, so wait for that time period.

My Question is if both of us applied from the same bank, and TRF are sent on the same date, so how come he received the E-mail and I didn't?
Is this normal that they delay the EOR acknowledgment, and I am being impatient!?

If anyone else faced a similar experience? Please guide as this is the first time I applied for EOR!

Last edited:

kaursim26

Oct 22, 2018
hello all, i had given ielts 3 times before and this was my 4th attempt. It was on 8th september in jalandhar (punjab) IDP. my result came on 21st as follows LRWS -8,7.5,6.5,7.5. I again fall short of .5 bands in writing. Filled EOR on 27th september and got the acknowledgement same day. Asked the online chat executives many times but they said result is awaited. Hope i could get an increase.

Pr0077

Oct 10, 2018
hello all, i had given ielts 3 times before and this was my 4th attempt. It was on 8th september in jalandhar (punjab) IDP. my result came on 21st as follows LRWS -8,7.5,6.5,7.5. I again fall short of .5 bands in writing. Filled EOR on 27th september and got the acknowledgement same day. Asked the online chat executives many times but they said result is awaited. Hope i could get an increase.
Same here, 8th september exam and submitted EOR on 1st of Oct (BC). Awaiting for remarked result.