+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relocating 15 Days before test Invite

Sohmisaly

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Hey guys,

I have recently got a job offer in federal government and have to move from Calgary to Ottawa, starting from June 1st. Today, I received invitation to appear in citizenship test on June 11, 2018 in Calgary office. I am wondering what is the best strategy in this case. Should I request to move my test to Ottawa or fly to Calgary to write test. The application is for 2 people.

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I have recently got a job offer in federal government and have to move from Calgary to Ottawa, starting from June 1st. Today, I received invitation to appear in citizenship test on June 11, 2018 in Calgary office. I am wondering what is the best strategy in this case. Should I request to move my test to Ottawa or fly to Calgary to write test. The application is for 2 people.

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.
If I were you, I would have my file transferred to Ottawa, once move is completed on June 01, by calling IRCC or using webform. Also, I would change my address on e-cas to Ottawa address right away after the move.

Sohmisaly

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
If I were you, I would have my file transferred to Ottawa, once move is completed on June 01, by calling IRCC or using webform. Also, I would change my address on e-cas to Ottawa address right away after the move.
Well, between job offer and invitation to appear in test, there were only 4 days difference. The question is what is the best strategy now.

Micah008

Nov 5, 2017
Well, between job offer and invitation to appear in test, there were only 4 days difference. The question is what is the best strategy now.
i am kind of in a similar situation with you right now. I got a crown cooperation job in saskatchewan and started on the first of may.

I and my spouse wrote and passed our test yesterday in Calgary. We travelled down to write the test. Some tell us not to change the address as it would further delay our application process if applications were moved.

I am considering using the canada post mail forwarding service because a member on the forum said test and citizenship oath letter can be forwarded unlike PR card. I posted on a couple of threads already if those that got Test invite or oath via post had a not to be forwarded marker on envelope or not, but no one is replying.

We were also told by the case officer that interviewed us immediately after our test in Calgary that we would be sent oath invite by email just as we received the test invite by email (pdf attachment). Seems this is the method Calgary use in recent times, so I am not bothered that much.

Reactions: Sohmisaly

Sohmisaly

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
i am kind of in a similar situation with you right now. I got a crown cooperation job in saskatchewan and started on the first of may.

I and my spouse wrote and passed our test yesterday in Calgary. We travelled down to write the test. Some tell us not to change the address as it would further delay our application process if applications were moved.

I am considering using the canada post mail forwarding service because a member on the forum said test and citizenship oath letter can be forwarded unlike PR card. I posted on a couple of threads already if those that got Test invite or oath via post had a not to be forwarded marker on envelope or not, but no one is replying.

We were also told by the case officer that interviewed us immediately after our test in Calgary that we would be sent oath invite by email just as we received the test invite by email (pdf attachment). Seems this is the method Calgary use in recent times, so I am not bothered that much.
My wife and I received our test invites in email. But problem for us is that every time we fly to Calgary from Ottawa it will cost around $1200 for flight. Do you plan to take oath in Calgary?. One option I am thinking is that write test in Calgary and let them know that for oa

Micah008

Nov 5, 2017
My wife and I received our test invites in email. But problem for us is that every time we fly to Calgary from Ottawa it will cost around $1200 for flight. Do you plan to take oath in Calgary?. One option I am thinking is that write test in Calgary and let them know that for oa
Wow. That is a lot of money.
Yes I am planning to take oath in Calgary since I am only about 8hrs drive away and flight cost $150 - $500. One of the guys i took the test with in Calgary said the Oath dates are booked all through June. Few dates in July and August is still open. It might be a better idea if you eventually move your office to ottawa as you may not get a oath invite till July/August after the test.

Reactions: Sohmisaly