+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection due to black and white PCC

SonnyG

Star Member
Jan 29, 2018
Some geniuses here are saying to upload color scan copy of PPC...How could you make color scan out of B&W copy issued by idiots sitting in PSK. Even there stamp is B&W. I don't know who defines things in Govt offices, bunch of idiots without common sense. Atleast stamp in color to give it a feel of being original doc.
The certificate is in B&W but stamp and signature are in color and that's the difference..

Captain2019

Apr 21, 2019
Hi,

I will be submitting my documents for PR soon. My question is regarding the PCC date of issue for 2 countries.

1. I lived in Germany for 4 years and left the country in December 2018. I applied for PCC in January 2019, but went back to the country in March 2019 for 4 days on tourist visa for my graduation ceremony. There are no dates of stay mentioned on my PCC. However, the issue date is provided. Do I need to get a new one since I travelled back to the country,even if it was on tourist visa?

2. I am an Indian citizen and I got my PCC from India two months ago, but I left the country last month.Would my PCC be valid or I need to re-apply considering that I am currently no longer living there?

Any feedback would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!

Diana1313

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Hi,

I will be submitting my documents for PR soon. My question is regarding the PCC date of issue for 2 countries.

1. I lived in Germany for 4 years and left the country in December 2018. I applied for PCC in January 2019, but went back to the country in March 2019 for 4 days on tourist visa for my graduation ceremony. There are no dates of stay mentioned on my PCC. However, the issue date is provided. Do I need to get a new one since I travelled back to the country,even if it was on tourist visa?

2. I am an Indian citizen and I got my PCC from India two months ago, but I left the country last month.Would my PCC be valid or I need to re-apply considering that I am currently no longer living there?

Any feedback would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!
Where are you residing at the moment?

Diana1313

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
I am currently in Canada on work permit.
Ok.
What I’ve heard is that PCC for country of current residence is valid for 6 months. Which would be Canada for you

BUT
Each PCC for other countries you have lived in must be applied for AFTER you leave that country. So your Indian PCC will not be valid.
For the German one, also you would have had to apply after learning Germany. Gong back for 4 days on a tourist visa wouldn’t harm though.

Diana1313

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Regarding the dates on you German PCC please look up specifications for German PCC on CIC website as each Country has its own

Captain2019

Apr 21, 2019
Regarding the dates on you German PCC please look up specifications for German PCC on CIC website as each Country has its own
Thank you for your swift response. But, in the CIC website, the following information is provided:

Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

I was in India only for 2 months and hence, thought that my PCC follows the CIC guidelines? I just wanted to confirm as I am reading interesting reasons for rejection on PCC grounds.

Yumnnanaa

May 19, 2019
I just uploaded it in black and white by accident. It was the last piece to my application and rushing into it, i scanned it in black and white without thinking and submitted it. So I rescanned it today and submitted it in a CSE. Just hoping that they read the CSE before they refuse the application. That would really set me back a few months for such a stupid mistake.

Fingers crossed.
Hi

Can you please let us know what happened to your CSE? I am in the same situation now and am wondering what to do..
Thanks

reshma_iyer

Jul 3, 2019
Hello everyone,
I just studied this case who unfortunately got rejected due to black and white PCC.
https://myimmitracker.com/ca/trackers/february-2017-aor-permanent-residency-tracker/cases/case-15550

I have applied from INDIA, and my PCC is also Black and white as the Indian PSK issues PCC in black and white. (though signature of issuing authority are obviously by a colored pen). (My AOR is 23rd May, FSWO)

Can anyone please tell, how are they rejecting applications like this as when the government of country is issuing these documents in black and white?,
or has someone from INDIA here got a color PCC?

Please advise.
@KiranK Hi Kiran,

Just like you have mentioned even I have my PCC in black and white. However, the signature and seal is with green ink. Will this suffice ?