+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected PR Application

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello; No, I did not apply for Queensland, but my wife's Korean police certificate was faulty. However, the ensuing process was the same: rejection.

As mentioned above, I did the whole process again from scratch, i.e. got the new police certificate within a few days, applied, into Express Entry pool, got drawn after a few weeks, handed in application, handed in further documents, and … received the final request to hand in my passport for the issuance of my COPR a week ago! So all my other documents were fine, just the police certificate not.

However, still double-check all your other docs too, can't hurt. Keep us updated, would be interesting to know if indeed CIC finds other "elements which may also be missing or incomplete" besides the police certificate after you handed in the correct one. Good luck!
I just read this thread from the start, and nice to know it had a happy ending. Congratulations and good luck.

Reactions: KlausKarp

KlausKarp

Dec 5, 2016
Maple Ridge, BC
LANDED..........
9 July 2018
Thank you bellaluna! Waiting for the COPR from Hong Kong now. Does anybody here have experience regarding duration? The Canadian consulate in Hong Kong received my passport copies on 7th. I still feel so unsure without that paper actually in my hand, still fearing, "oh my, something might happen, something is missing, something may go wrong ...":)

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you bellaluna! Waiting for the COPR from Hong Kong now. Does anybody here have experience regarding duration? The Canadian consulate in Hong Kong received my passport copies on 7th. I still feel so unsure without that paper actually in my hand, still fearing, "oh my, something might happen, something is missing, something may go wrong ...":)
Last time I recall at HK, might be around 2 weeks on average. Haha, I get what you mean, but no need to worry at this point.

sonali.kaushal

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
USA
AOR Received.
30-03-2018
Wow, haven't been online for a month, coming back and new design, neat:) Anyway...

After an only two-month review process, my application got rejected. The police certificate I handed is is incorrect and I need to get a new one. No problem there, I just find the measure of outrightly "rejecting" the application too cumbersome, i.e. back to the beginning.

Is there a way to convince the CIC to not to outright REJECT/cancel the application, instead putting it on hold and asking for "review of additional documents"?

Getting the new police certificate will only be a matter of days, but as we are square zero again, have to go through the express entry application, the application pool, the invitation to apply, and the whole residence permit application again. Is there any point in using the IRCC web form ("If you think we should not have cancelled your application, let us know by using the IRCC web form.")?

Thank you!
Hi,

Congrats & I see you did re-application with so much dedication.

Is there a validity for the PCC. I am a Indian Citizen, residing in USA for 5 years & have been to India just for short trips of 2-3 months at the most. I have obtained a PCC from Indian Embassy in Oct 2017 & got the PCC from USA in January 2018. I will be completing ITA now in 10 days. You think the India Police clearance certificate be still valid.

Also Can I show the proof of funds in two different currencies? Like some money in USD & some in INR? I am unable to find these information online. Thanks in Advance.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi,

Congrats & I see you did re-application with so much dedication.

Is there a validity for the PCC. I am a Indian Citizen, residing in USA for 5 years & have been to India just for short trips of 2-3 months at the most. I have obtained a PCC from Indian Embassy in Oct 2017 & got the PCC from USA in January 2018. I will be completing ITA now in 10 days. You think the India Police clearance certificate be still valid.

Also Can I show the proof of funds in two different currencies? Like some money in USD & some in INR? I am unable to find these information online. Thanks in Advance.
Your Indian PCC has to have been issued after your last departure from India.

Yes POF can be in different currencies.

indocal

Mar 21, 2018
Hello,

This thread is a delight in the times of distress. I have been twice unlucky so far. CIC has rejected my application as Incomplete as there was PCC missing for my spouse from Germany (cause of 1st rejection). Then again CIC rejected my application as Incomplete as the PCC from Germany was in German and not translated into English or French (cause of 2nd rejection).

I have managed to get 3rd ITA and waiting to submit my application. I am freaked to bits if my application will be canceled yet again and wanting to know if there is any word of caution for me.

thanks.

KlausKarp

Dec 5, 2016
Maple Ridge, BC
LANDED..........
9 July 2018
Hi indocal. Well, I guess there's no more words of caution that you haven't learned the hard way yet; double check the documents, make sure everything is complete and correct, check the current requirements on the CIC websites. Then check again. And maybe once more check the uploaded pdfs just before sending the application off:)
Oh, I guess the translation should be notarized with affidavit. Can't think of anything else right now.

However, your case again establishes my original point why I started this thread, i.e. I still think it's draconian to outright reject applications because of one faulty document. More work for all parties involved. But it seems CIC is especially critical with police certificates. They were more lenient with my family's passports and medical exams (our baby was born during the application process - x-ray delayed, passport came much later, medical exam re-done, many new documents to add, etc.)

Funny side note: Our marriage certificate was in German and French (which we don't speak at all) original, no English. No problem there. I wonder why Germany does not have English on the PCC though. We needed a PCC from Vienna, Austria - bilingual original.

Anyhow, good luck with your third application! Let us know how it goes. My application status changed to "approved" a week ago, also the COPR was sent a week ago (one day before the post was sent), apparently from Ottawa, not Hong Kong. The address they sent it to was slightly wrong, and only in letters (no Chinese characters - we live in China) - I wonder if it'll arrive!

KlausKarp

Dec 5, 2016
Maple Ridge, BC
LANDED..........
9 July 2018
Yup, it arrived:D, 3 weeks. All set now, one-way ticket purchased.
Whole process took 12 months and 3 days (including one rejection and re-application and a 9 month delay due to new baby:)
HappyHappyHappy

Hi indocal. Well, I guess there's no more words of caution that you haven't learned the hard way yet; double check the documents, make sure everything is complete and correct, check the current requirements on the CIC websites. Then check again. And maybe once more check the uploaded pdfs just before sending the application off:)
Oh, I guess the translation should be notarized with affidavit. Can't think of anything else right now.

However, your case again establishes my original point why I started this thread, i.e. I still think it's draconian to outright reject applications because of one faulty document. More work for all parties involved. But it seems CIC is especially critical with police certificates. They were more lenient with my family's passports and medical exams (our baby was born during the application process - x-ray delayed, passport came much later, medical exam re-done, many new documents to add, etc.)

Funny side note: Our marriage certificate was in German and French (which we don't speak at all) original, no English. No problem there. I wonder why Germany does not have English on the PCC though. We needed a PCC from Vienna, Austria - bilingual original.

Anyhow, good luck with your third application! Let us know how it goes. My application status changed to "approved" a week ago, also the COPR was sent a week ago (one day before the post was sent), apparently from Ottawa, not Hong Kong. The address they sent it to was slightly wrong, and only in letters (no Chinese characters - we live in China) - I wonder if it'll arrive!

Reactions: NOMAD2017
Jul 1, 2018
Hello; No, I did not apply for Queensland, but my wife's Korean police certificate was faulty. However, the ensuing process was the same: rejection.

As mentioned above, I did the whole process again from scratch, i.e. got the new police certificate within a few days, applied, into Express Entry pool, got drawn after a few weeks, handed in application, handed in further documents, and … received the final request to hand in my passport for the issuance of my COPR a week ago! So all my other documents were fine, just the police certificate not.

However, still double-check all your other docs too, can't hurt. Keep us updated, would be interesting to know if indeed CIC finds other "elements which may also be missing or incomplete" besides the police certificate after you handed in the correct one. Good luck!
Hi. Good day!

Just needed to ask a question. I applied for immigration last year and my application got rejected for the same reason i.e. incomplete because i did not submit police certificates for all the addresses that i had mentioned in the application. I am applying again this year with the updated police certificates. However, since i have moved around quite a lot in the recent years, i am not sure about if i entered the same starting and ending dates of my stay at one of the accommodations. The ones that I am stating now are correct but I am not sure if I submitted the same in the last application (there could be a difference of around 15 days). Could that be an issue even though this time around i am providing all the police certificates that cover each and every day of my stay since i was 18?
Also, is there a way to access my last application so i know what i had submitted?

KlausKarp

Dec 5, 2016
Maple Ridge, BC
LANDED..........
9 July 2018
Hi mahveshdastgir; I don't think that's gonna be an issue (just my personal opinion, I'm not the CIC;-). I don't know if they even double check with old applications.

You should be able to view your old application in your account:

-> View the applications you submitted
-> Check full application status (of the old application, it's Current Status is probably "Cancelled as incomplete")
-> View submitted application

Good luck with the new one! Second time worked for me.

Jul 1, 2018
Hi mahveshdastgir; I don't think that's gonna be an issue (just my personal opinion, I'm not the CIC;-). I don't know if they even double check with old applications.

-> Check full application status (of the old application, it's Current Status is probably "Cancelled as incomplete")

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and the reassurance :D I tried to view my application the same way you told above but all I can see is the list of documents I uploaded, not the information I shared after receiving the ITA and before uploading the documents online :S Is there any way I can see that as well??

smritiparwani

Dec 4, 2017
Hello ppl, I received ITA last year. After submitting my application, I received rejection letter becuase of one missing doc.
I was in the pool all this time and recently received ITA again.
I am filling out the forms for PR, confused with a few qeustions.
Tell us about xxx previous applications to Canada, countries of citizenship, and the country where he/she currently lives.

Has xxxx applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?

Has xxx applied for Permanent Residence (PR) before?

Please provide the Permanent Residence (PR) file number

If xxx has a Unique Client Identifier (UCI) please enter it below

Unique Client Identifier (UCI) Help - Unique Client Identifier (UCI)

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hello ppl, I received ITA last year. After submitting my application, I received rejection letter becuase of one missing doc.
I was in the pool all this time and recently received ITA again.
I am filling out the forms for PR, confused with a few qeustions.
Tell us about xxx previous applications to Canada, countries of citizenship, and the country where he/she currently lives.

Has xxxx applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?

Has xxx applied for Permanent Residence (PR) before?

Please provide the Permanent Residence (PR) file number

If xxx has a Unique Client Identifier (UCI) please enter it below

Unique Client Identifier (UCI) Help - Unique Client Identifier (UCI)
Answer as yes and then explain.

darwin900

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018

Hello,

Please can you let me know that when your first application was rejected , was your medical already passed at the time of rejection? thanks