+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected for missing PCC! (Officer error?)

ashkal

Dec 5, 2016
Hi guys and girls, so I received my ITA on the 31st May, got everything done for the 14th June and applied on the 15th June. Everything seemed to be going fine, medical passed, BGC started, until yesterday when I received a message saying that my application has been cancelled due to me spending an entire year in New Zealand and not providing a PCC. I specifically stated in the information section of my personal history, work history, and employment history that I spent less then 6 months in New Zealand (Middle of September 2009 to end of 26th January 2010), which the information sections show very clearly. I am 100% certain that there were no gaps in the timelines that I provided.

I've raised a CSE, and phoned CIC (where a nice lady went ahead and sent a message to the visa office asking them to look into it).

Has anyone had this happen? Is there any possibility that this is Officer error, and if so, does CIC have the ability to open the application again?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Hi guys and girls, so I received my ITA on the 31st May, got everything done for the 14th June and applied on the 15th June. Everything seemed to be going fine, medical passed, BGC started, until yesterday when I received a message saying that my application has been cancelled due to me spending an entire year in New Zealand and not providing a PCC. I specifically stated in the information section of my personal history, work history, and employment history that I spent less then 6 months in New Zealand (Middle of September 2009 to end of 26th January 2010), which the information sections show very clearly. I am 100% certain that there were no gaps in the timelines that I provided.

I've raised a CSE, and phoned CIC (where a nice lady went ahead and sent a message to the visa office asking them to look into it).

Has anyone had this happen? Is there any possibility that this is Officer error, and if so, does CIC have the ability to open the application again?

Well, I am no expert but this clearly look like an error at their end (ultimately they are human too!). I would suggest to wait for their revert on you CSE.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
They will mention the time period you stayed in the rejection letter. What is mentioned in that? Where were you in the period that they mentioned?

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017

How many times have you been to New Zealand? What's the total accumulative time you spent in there?

Arod

May 15, 2017
I have read other people experiencing the same issue. That´s why sometimes it is recommended to get the PCC from countries where you´ve been at least 4 months, just to be safe.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I have read other people experiencing the same issue. That´s why sometimes it is recommended to get the PCC from countries where you´ve been at least 4 months, just to be safe.
If it is easier to get one, then they can get it.

CIC never makes mistakes in figuring out PCC requirements from our application 99% of times. Let us wait for OP to come up with specifics of letter.

ashkal

Dec 5, 2016
Thanks for the advice guys!

To answer: I was in NZ for just under 5 months, only visited once. Arrived mid September 2009, came back to the UK end of January 2010, started working and getting my Personal Training qualification, then started working for a gym in the UK in September 2010. They said in the letter that it appeared I was in NZ from September 2009 to September 2010. At no point in my application did I specify this was the case. Will wait to hear back from them!

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017

To answer: I was in NZ for just under 5 months, only visited once. Arrived mid September 2009, came back to the UK end of January 2010, started working and getting my Personal Training qualification, then started working for a gym in the UK in September 2010. They said in the letter that it appeared I was in NZ from September 2009 to September 2010. At no point in my application did I specify this was the case. Will wait to hear back from them!
Supporting documents like VIsa Stamps of entering and leaving on Passport should work in your favor to prove your point. Air tickets if by any chance you still have it. work appointment letters of joining dates GYM in NZ and UK. ??

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016

If you have screenshot of what you submitted, revisit all the three:

- Address history
- Personal history
- Work history

Somewhere you might have mentioned that period obliviously.

Reactions: chikoo1985

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Thats not always the case. On immitracker there was a recent case where the applicant got rejected for wrong pcc, when he actually spent less than 6 months in that country. He also mentioned that they clearly said in the rejection letter that he attached a wrong document that was not needed to begin with. So him thinking let me add it to be safe got him a rejection.

Reactions: Houzi and Mimi2017

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Just found what he wrote
"
PPC Chile not approved. Missing 1 document
PPC Chile not acceptable. Missing 1 document "Hoja de Vida". Also, PPC should have NOT been uploaded since duration of stay was 5 months at time of AOR."

Reactions: Houzi

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Just found what he wrote
"
PPC Chile not approved. Missing 1 document
PPC Chile not acceptable. Missing 1 document "Hoja de Vida". Also, PPC should have NOT been uploaded since duration of stay was 5 months at time of AOR."
Hi. That got me worried. I was about to add a PCC from my permanent/home district where I havnt spent almost any time since i turned 18, in addition to the PCC from the district of my present address. My PCC from present address after giving me a clean chit says "Further investigation may be done from permanent address of home town." Do you think the additional PCC is more than what is required, as I havnt lived there at all except may be for a few days?

rohan_exp

May 22, 2017
is there any way to know what exact information we have provided in the form which we submitted to CIC? or Does CIC customer care agent have access to the information which provided? i also dont remember in travel histroy form one of travel which dates i have put :( how CIC validate the travel history?

rohan_exp

May 22, 2017
Hi , just found another thread , you can view the information which you provided . please validate what you provided in the form.

there is a way posted by other members (but recently it did not work for most)

The hack to view the details that you submitted as part of eAPR is
1. Click View Submitted Application
2. Once you are on the page which shows the list of uploaded documents, click Start Again
3. It will take you to page which has Cancel and Continue. Click Cancel and you will be able to see all the forms and the information that you submitted.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-view-the-details-i-submitted-after-ita.468565/

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
Well in such cases the immigration officer might decide, that they need additional PCC for you from NZ, since it is almost near to 5 - 6 months. Under CIC website we have just a guideline which says if you have stayed in a country for more than 6 months then PCC needed. But some cases I have seen people with just over 5 months in specific country have been asked to submit PCC for that specific country. Best will be email to CPC Ottawa and get it clarified? They might request you additional document under your CIC account soon and open your case again. Mine was rejected and then I send new documents with LOE and my case was reopened in 1 month time.

All the best!

Reactions: ashkal