+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

REGWAY SK PR LANDING

ghanta

Feb 13, 2017
Hii guys. I would like to share my PR landing experience at Port of Regway SK. It is an hour and 45 minutes drive from regina. I wanted to land at North Portal SK but changed my Mind. All the way the roads are super good with very less traffic. The US administration refusal took 10 minutes and entering to Canada took like 30 minutes for all the formalities. They asked 3 questions Criminality, Funds and Address to send PR card. I am a bit confused about landing at Regway after reading few posts in this forum. Now I can confidently say the landing is smooth here. All the best guys. bye

Reactions: Sravi and jordo

cj4ugo

Jul 11, 2018
Hii guys. I would like to share my PR landing experience at Port of Regway SK. It is an hour and 45 minutes drive from regina. I wanted to land at North Portal SK but changed my Mind. All the way the roads are super good with very less traffic. The US administration refusal took 10 minutes and entering to Canada took like 30 minutes for all the formalities. They asked 3 questions Criminality, Funds and Address to send PR card. I am a bit confused about landing at Regway after reading few posts in this forum. Now I can confidently say the landing is smooth here. All the best guys. bye

Please I plan landing at this port Regway tomorrow evening. Does anyone know if they have closing time for immigration services, like for my COPR landing? am likely to drive there from Regina after 4.30pm and looks like getting there by past 6pm.

Thanks

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
open 24 hours. officers have some refresh breaks
What is the best time to go for landing formalities so that I can avoid waiting long queue. I am in Regina so kindly advise which border would be the nearest to Regina?
Thanks

cj4ugo

Jul 11, 2018
Thanks[/QUOTE]
What is the best time to go for landing formalities so that I can avoid waiting long queue. I am in Regina so kindly advise which border would be the nearest to Regina?
Thanks
There is really no queue at all at Port of Regway and they are open for landing 24/7. its about 1hr 40mins drive from Regina. (Advise: fill your car tank with gas so as to get back to Regina on same tank. No gas station on the way at all.) landing there take about 20mins to finish processing.

All the best

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017

There is really no queue at all at Port of Regway and they are open for landing 24/7. its about 1hr 40mins drive from Regina. (Advise: fill your car tank with gas so as to get back to Regina on same tank. No gas station on the way at all.) landing there take about 20mins to finish processing.

All the best[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much!!!
I am inland applicant,and working full time for more than a year in Regina, do I have to carry proof of funds?

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
One of my friends told me that they went to North Portal from Regina which takes 2:40 mins to reach and told me everyone goes there. I hope Regway would be better as it is nearer compared to North Portal. I am a bit confused about where to go for landing. Also pls advise if I have to show the proof of funds. What do you mean by refusal at US administration?
Please advise.

ghanta

Feb 13, 2017
refusal to enter USA. I don't even have a USA Visitor visa. Just a formality if you have nothing to hide from them. The CBSA asked me about funds. They never asked for any proofs. Not sure about full time job and funds in the bank.

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
refusal to enter USA. I don't even have a USA Visitor visa. Just a formality if you have nothing to hide from them. The CBSA asked me about funds. They never asked for any proofs. Not sure about full time job and funds in the bank.
But I do have US visitor visa, will that change something in process for me?
I will be going to Regway border for landing.. I hope this is a good choice.
Please advise

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Please I plan landing at this port Regway tomorrow evening. Does anyone know if they have closing time for immigration services, like for my COPR landing? am likely to drive there from Regina after 4.30pm and looks like getting there by past 6pm.

Thanks
Hi,
How was your PR immigration experience at Regway Canada border?
Please advise as we are planning to go tomorrow.
Thanks
Aman

Sravi

Nov 10, 2018
Hi all,
I want to share my flag poling experience at Regway.

USA Entry-Exit took about 10 minutes - no refusal to USA was given - I just had to submit my passport to the USA border officer. make a U-turn. Collect back my passport and exit USA into Canada.

At the CBSA I was asked - funds in bank (did not ask to show proof though I had taken it along), surrender my work permit, address to mail PR card.
was then asked to wait in parking lot till they were ready with file. After ten minutes an official came to get me. In the office I was asked to initial and sign the COPR copies. then the official signs them. one copy was given to me and some rights/to-do's for PR were explained before I was left to go. Formality took about 40 minutes.

If you live in Regina, flag-poling at Regway is half a day's work. I flag poled a week before Christmas, yet this crossing wasn't busy.

Good luck to all.

Reactions: Jay75

brgill

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Just sharing my experience for the Regway..

1. First of all I don't know why I had bit of confusion that if a US visa was needed since you are suppose to leave Canada and enter US, So basically US visa is not needed.
2. Entering US ..it literally took 5 mins..upon entering told the officials that we are there for flag poling and they took our passports and asked general questions if we were carrying anything ( eg firearms etc ) and then they gave us a slip and asked us to present it to the Canadian customs officer
3. Upon Entering Canada gave the officer slip and he asked us to park the car and come inside.
4. The officer approximately took 20 mins to complete the paperwork.
5. For a random reason the officer asked my vehicle license plate 3 times and he also asked how much funds my parents have ( FYI this entire landing procedure is for the landing of my parents ) So I just said that he has approx $5000, but they didn't ask for any proof.
6. Asked some other general questions from parents if they had committed any crimes etc and I was translating for them and basically thats all.
7. Overall went really smooth. There was absolutely no traffic at all and no line ups. All in all i would say a maximum of 30 minutes procedure including US and Canada.
8. There are no gas stations or anything when driving from Regina to Regway. So keep that in mind.

Thanks!!

Laleh Jam

Nov 22, 2019
Hi everyone,
We are going to flag pole in Regway boarder. We don't have a valid driver licence in Canada. If we reach Regway with our friends to Canada boarder, can we walk towards the US boarder and enter Canada?Or we can reach there by car?

brgill

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Hi everyone,
We are going to flag pole in Regway boarder. We don't have a valid driver licence in Canada. If we reach Regway with our friends to Canada boarder, can we walk towards the US boarder and enter Canada?Or we can reach there by car?
Just ask your friends to drive you guys to the US border it only takes 5 mins to drive to US border and come back to Canada