+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reg:BOWP Required to move out of quebec

bharanim2003

Aug 8, 2013
Hi,

My current work permit expires by May 2015. i currently work in Montreal. I applied for CEC and got the AOR. Now i am planning to move out of quebec to fulfill the CEC requirement. Is it possible if i apply for BOWP with the following letter i will get the approval.

" I hereby enclosed my application for Bridge Open Work permit. I am currently working in Montreal. I applied for Permanent Resident under Canadian Experience Class as I am planning to move out of Quebec. I got my Application confirmation number XXXXXXXX. In order to fulfill the CEC requirement (*Plan to live out of quebec) I need a Bridge Open work Permit to move out of Quebec. So I kindly request you to grant me a Bridge Open work permit so I can move out of Quebec State. Unless you approve the same I don’t have any other choice than quitting my job and moving to India and waiting for my Permanent Residence approval to come back. Please help me out. I have also attached the email which I received from Centralized-Intake-Office@cic.gc.ca as a proof of AOR.."

If its not approved is there any other possibility for me to move out of quebec, so that for CEC, when they ask me the question i will be out of quebec.

bharanim2003

Aug 8, 2013
I dont why no one is answering my question.

I work in IT. please help me.

Is it possible if i apply for BOWP with the following letter i will get the approval. ?

Is there any other possibility for me to move out of quebec?

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Your best bet is to start looking for a job offer / LMO outside of Quebec. The BOWP criteria are pretty clear that you must have a current work permit with less than four months remaining, and the idea of convincing a sympathetic VO to give you a BOWP anyway is unfortunately not realistic.

TheAwesomeMatt

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-21-2013
Med's Request
02-18-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-21-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
Some people have had BOWP approved with more than 4 months remaining, it really seems to come down to whichever VO you get.

Personally I would send it off and hope for the best, but being realistic it might not work.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Some people have reported getting a BOWP despite the four-month rule. But that's different in two ways.

One, those cases involved people who had been made redundant from their jobs, and/or had other extenuating circumstances. They wrote a convincing enough explanation letter on that basis. The OP has a job, it's just in the wrong province.

Two, those cases were prior to OB485A which restated the four-month requirement in stronger terms. I don't know that anyone has been successful since.

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
^ I agree on this. Before OB485A, the VOs are very considerate, but after this came out, the four-month-rule was strictly implemented. I assume you have a closed work permit. Since you are in IT, is it possible to ask your employer for a telecommute arrangement say 2x a week? I believe that you have a contract up to May 2015. While it is imperative that you comply with the terms of CEC, you have an obligation to fulfill to the company who gave you the chance to be able to work in Canada, so you really have to explore options that would be beneficial on your application and at the same time abide by the terms of your employment.

We are almost on the same boat, though the difference is I have an open work permit. I tried applying in Ontario but as of now, no feedback from the headhunters. In my CEC application's cover letter, I promised CIC that we will get out of Quebec right after the school year ends because my kids are studying here. I am waiting for my AOR as of the moment and plans to apply for BOWP on May. If I don't find a job by that time, I will ask my employer here if they could allow me to work remotely since the work that I do can be done at home anyway.