+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused Twice, Now Received AIP Today

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Yeah that user trolls %90 of the time. Some weird mindsets in this site
AIP is still statistically safe, this is the last time I should see you commenting on this refusal after AIP bandwagon, hopefully. Focus on the positive side instead of highlighting the 0.0001 % probability of the negative portion.

OP still didn't post picture proofs, people, do not believe whatever you read on the internet.

Are you trying to live happily ever after receiving OPR thinking it's the end ???

By the way, hope you don't get rejected for PGWP and get dejected in Canada, even though it looks like your on that path judging from you negative posts here targeting AIP holders. You can still get rejected for PGWP based on eligibility reasons even after getting the OPR. Godspeed

Last edited:

Ruby90

Dec 5, 2020
@Ruby90 , immediately raise a webform for a reconsideration request. You will find YouTube videos on how to raise a reconsideration.

Attach the enrollment documents, gradesheet, Tution fees receipt, AIP document and a Letter of explanation and explain the situation that this program has been pursued only after receiving AIP and so on...

If reconsideration does not work, then contact any immigration lawyer as your case in very unique. Ideally a rejection post AIP should not happen that too when the reason is for program selection. This should get filter initially itself. So try to consult someone and see if you can get help.
Thank you so much. Yes, we consulted a couple lawyers and thats what they recommended as well.

Ruby90

Dec 5, 2020
@Ruby90 Don't waste time arguing with that guy, he does nothing to help but tries hard to depress others. When I ordered GCMS I found the eligibility was " Recommend Interview" so I asked about that with a new thread in which he replied saying like a expert that I was in queue of being rejected and would be informed. All he wants is making you feel uncomfortable. But sorry buddy @Ironclad , I was informed that I was approved.;)
Thank you! :)

Ruby90

Dec 5, 2020
Yes, the website states that but it is the continuing education department. You don‘t even need a university degree or college diploma for admissions. Anyone who graduates high school can attend so it is affordable. So there really is no admissions. He should have applied for a post graduate program where a degree or diploma are the admission requirements. Not true that it is the only program that provides MBA exposure. This certificate is not MBA exposure. Think of it as an extension of high school. There are business programs at the post graduate level in universities and colleges (not MBA) so yes it will cost twice as much. Unfortunately he made a poor choice in programs.
Yes, you're right. We were not aware that the program would not be considered for study permit. The main why he chose that program was he wanted to boost his EE score. So, he wanted a short duration, cost effective and simple program and this one seemed a good fit. His express entry score is at 450, he wanted to add Canadian certificate/diploma to bring his score a bit higher to clear the cutoff. We didn't hire any professional agent and applied on our own so made a mistake in choosing the program.
However, do you know if he still completes the program from India, will it add to education points in his EE profile as distance learning certificate? Ofcourse, he will not get the extra points for Canadian education because it doesn't qualify for Canadian education. However, he invested time and money, and studying full time for 8 months to earn the certificate. I think, it should be counted under distance learning and he should get points for that in EE. Any thoughts?

Ruby90

Dec 5, 2020
I asked one reputed iccrc consultant the same question and he told me this.

India is a country where you need to satisfy
1. Study permit conditions
2. Temporary Resident Visa conditions

When they say "not satisfied will leave Canada" they basically mean that the applicant maybe using the visa to enter the country and never leave the country. That would come under TRV.

I personally think that is pure baloney, but the Canadian visa authorities are now in a position of power. They have demand far exceeding supply and that is the reason for this callous attitude towards students.

Your case is really saddening. I received a direct refusal but you got AIP and then got refused.

I hope that reconsideration thing works out as someone recommended.
Yes thank you! We still feel that if the program choice was wrong, they should have rejected it in the first stage. We should not have given AIP approval. We could have saved our time and money. He actually quitted his IT job to pursue this certificate program.
Now, he is still thinking of completing the program, get certificate and transcripts to add in EE. We are hoping this program gets counted as a distance learning certificate program and he atleast gets points for that in his EE profile. This was the main reason of choosing this program in the first place. We may not get extra points for Canadian education but atleast something is better than nothing. Otherwise, it would be a complete waste of time and money.

Ruby90

Dec 5, 2020
Married Chinese population is the last thing Canada wants, S1 visa is designed for youngsters with good grades (like me). Why are you immigrating to Canada at this point using S1 in your life instead of choosing EE ? Hope you succeed in finding a job, employers are smart these days when it comes to hiring. You are too old for this.
Hi, you're right. EE is his first choice and the reason of doing this certificate program was to improve the score for EE. His EE score is currently at 450 and the cutoff is around 470 for the past year or so with less chances of getting down. He wanted to improve his EE score by adding canadian certificate.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Hi, you're right. EE is his first choice and the reason of doing this certificate program was to improve the score for EE. His EE score is currently at 450 and the cutoff is around 470 for the past year or so with less chances of getting down. He wanted to improve his EE score by adding canadian certificate.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but to claim points, online learning should not account more than 50%. Unfortunately, they don't give points for programs learnt 100% online. I suggest contacting the University and requesting a deferral and/or a full refund.

Last edited:

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Unfortunately visa officers are scrutinizing and refusing applicants doing 100% online courses, in fact I saw someone getting refused where they mentioned the same reason of doing it 100% online on the refusal letter but was approved after the refusal when that person sent a webform.

Ruby90

Dec 5, 2020
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but to claim points, online learning should not account more than 50%. Unfortunately, they don't give points for programs learnt 100% online. I suggest contacting the University and requesting a deferral and/or a full refund.
In Express entry profile, there is an option to claim points for distance education- it could be a certificate/degree/diploma. Are you saying we can only claim half points for that? Isn't distance learning supposed to be online 100%.

Ruby90

Dec 5, 2020
Unfortunately visa officers are scrutinizing and refusing applicants doing 100% online courses, in fact I saw someone getting refused where they mentioned the same reason of doing it 100% online on the refusal letter but was approved after the refusal when that person sent a webform.
Are you talking about study permit or express entry? because i'm talking about claiming points in EE for distance learning which in my understanding can be 100% online.

Ruby90

Dec 5, 2020
We are not claiming points for Canadian education. There is a separate question whether the certificate/degree/diploma was completed from Canada. We will put that as "No". However, the certificate itself should be counted for distance learning and we should be able to claim points for that as the certificate is earned by attending online classes, completing assignments, quizzes.

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
For any program to count there has to be an in-Canada component of at least 8 months to get EE points.

Distance learning does not count. This is what I have been told.

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind reply.
What i also don’t understand is why a student has to show strong ties to home country. If students are supposed to go back to their home country, why are there options of work permit. A student invested in Canadian education so they would try to secure a job in canada itself and why is it even wrong? Don’t this country need skilled workers? Whats the point of express entry then? Sorry for venting out here. It all doesn’t make sense to me right now.
Whatever you said is totally true.
I have studied in US before moving to Canada. Actually the purpose of student visa is to study and return to your home country. It is always a "Non-immigrant Visa" as per its definition. Even with work permit, your visa remains the same. That means you don't intend to immigrate with such visa in hand. That is why officers use this as a reason to reject someone. US Visa clearly states this condition. I am not sure about Canadian but I believe it should be similar.
If someone wants to show intend to immigrate, then use other visas or programs. It is just an official "process/protocol", nothing else. Of course Canada and other countries know that people stay here after study as well.
I hope it helps and wish your brother all the best in getting the visa soon.

Reactions: Ruby90

Ruby90

Dec 5, 2020
Whatever you said is totally true.
I have studied in US before moving to Canada. Actually the purpose of student visa is to study and return to your home country. It is always a "Non-immigrant Visa" as per its definition. Even with work permit, your visa remains the same. That means you don't intend to immigrate with such visa in hand. That is why officers use this as a reason to reject someone. US Visa clearly states this condition. I am not sure about Canadian but I believe it should be similar.
If someone wants to show intend to immigrate, then use other visas or programs. It is just an official "process/protocol", nothing else. Of course Canada and other countries know that people stay here after study as well.
I hope it helps and wish your brother all the best in getting the visa soon.
Thank you!