+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused Twice, Now Received AIP Today

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
Hey guys !

I just wanted to cheer-up everybody who has been refused before. I have been refused twice, & yet I again applied for the 3rd time (but this time of course with more research, in order to present a profile which could be more desirable from a Visa Officer’s point of view).
I just wanted to tell everybody- it’s okay if you have been refused … just give your best shot & you too shall get through. In my opinion, it is crucial to decode your refusal reasons & make your next application in such a way that it rectifies the prior mistakes. (Visa Officers never refuse for no reason, I understood this with my 2nd refusal & I soon rectified my mistakes & along with it I also presented myself with an in-depth Letter Of Explanation to express myself in front of the Visa Officer).
Whatever it is, some people might be at a more problematic situation than me, I know it takes a toll on our mental health as well, but we gotta stay positive & keep trying… we can get through!

Below is my timeline :-

1st refusal (SDS) - October 2019!

2nd refusal (SDS, applied after ordering GCMS Notes) - January 2020

3rd Attempt
Applied (SDS) - 29th May 2020
Medical passed - 13th July 2020
AIP (via personal email) - 13th August 2020

I am hoping I don’t get a refusal in my final decision as I have my medical passed & I don’t have any criminal background (Even my earlier refusal reasons didn’t mention anything about bad background or anything)

yxjason

Oct 5, 2019
Hey guys !

I just wanted to cheer-up everybody who has been refused before. I have been refused twice, & yet I again applied for the 3rd time (but this time of course with more research, in order to present a profile which could be more desirable from a Visa Officer’s point of view).
I just wanted to tell everybody- it’s okay if you have been refused … just give your best shot & you too shall get through. In my opinion, it is crucial to decode your refusal reasons & make your next application in such a way that it rectifies the prior mistakes. (Visa Officers never refuse for no reason, I understood this with my 2nd refusal & I soon rectified my mistakes & along with it I also presented myself with an in-depth Letter Of Explanation to express myself in front of the Visa Officer).
Whatever it is, some people might be at a more problematic situation than me, I know it takes a toll on our mental health as well, but we gotta stay positive & keep trying… we can get through!

3rd Attempt

I am hoping I don’t get a refusal in my final decision as I have my medical passed & I don’t have any criminal background (Even my earlier refusal reasons didn’t mention anything about bad background or anything)
Congratulations! I have been rejected twice previously and this is my third time applying for study permit. I applied for it on 19th May. Hopefully I can hear good news sooner and later

Reactions: Nancy Saini and D_D

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Congratulations and good luck for the future. Thank you for posting your story for others.

Reactions: D_D

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
Congratulations! I have been rejected twice previously and this is my third time applying for study permit. I applied for it on 19th May. Hopefully I can hear good news sooner and later
Thank you buddy. I hope even you get a positive decision but please don’t feel let down if you get a refusal (if you get then there is surely some problem in your application which you haven’t rectified). So don’t feel let down with your decision … till the time you receive a decision make a plan for both the scenarios (kinda worked for me in order to divert my mental pressure in a little way).
But I really hope you get a positive response & achieve great things in life.

Also, always remember - EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON :)

Like in my case- I am grateful to the Visa Officer who refused me twice because if I had joined my college in January or April, it would have been a disaster during this Pandemic and everything.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Thank you man :)
My best wishes for your BRIGHT FUTURE as well :)
Oh. Thank you! I am already a Citizen :oops:. Just here to congratulate and provide some insight to students dealing with anxieties.

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
Oh. Thank you! I am already a Citizen :oops:. Just here to congratulate and provide some insight to students dealing with anxieties.
BTW do you have any insights on this AIP thing ;p ?
I mean getting an AIP approved does mean that a Visa Officer thinks we are eligible to study in Canada, right ? ;p

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
BTW do you have any insights on this AIP thing ;p ?
I mean getting an AIP approved does mean that a Visa Officer thinks we are eligible to study in Canada, right ? ;p
Yes. It's just that whole Passport and completing the Visa application with Decision made is much more tedious work than just figuring out the eligibility of the applicant. Right now the time is really tight and there are thousands of applications pending, Visa Officers are plowing through applications to figure out the eligibility of the applicants so that they can start Fall session which is a very important session compared to Winter or Summer. A lot of programs are Fall only, this is one of the biggest reasons for 2 step process. Once they are thru this load, they'll start to issue Decision mades and PPRs and I am assuming not before September 15th because this two step process is until Sept 15. International borders are closed any way and there's no use of wasting energy and resources in issuing Visas while they can utilize he time to send AIP to ton more students.

Reactions: D_D

roxy008

Jul 9, 2020
Hey guys !

3rd Attempt

Hi ...Congrats for getting your AIP.
Mine file is also refused twice. Can you please share your explanation letter with me ...So that i can also some directions to make a strong sop

Vishwa1994

Jun 26, 2020
Hey guys !

3rd Attempt

Congratulations. Did you have to login into your account or just open the mail to see the letter ?

Imported

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Hey guys !

3rd Attempt

Congratulations.

can you kindly share the content of the AIP letter??

leroyrods

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Congratulations! Even I got my stage-1 approval today. What guarantee that we will get our visas? Does AIP stage-1 guarantee student visas for the ones approved? Coz my criminal record/ medical etc etc is clear but I still feel worried.

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
Yes. It's just that whole Passport and completing the Visa application with Decision made is much more tedious work than just figuring out the eligibility of the applicant. Right now the time is really tight and there are thousands of applications pending, Visa Officers are plowing through applications to figure out the eligibility of the applicants so that they can start Fall session which is a very important session compared to Winter or Summer. A lot of programs are Fall only, this is one of the biggest reasons for 2 step process. Once they are thru this load, they'll start to issue Decision mades and PPRs and I am assuming not before September 15th because this two step process is until Sept 15. International borders are closed any way and there's no use of wasting energy and resources in issuing Visas while they can utilize he time to send AIP to ton more students.
That makes sense :)
Thank you

Reactions: Ssinan03

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
Hi ...Congrats for getting your AIP.
Mine file is also refused twice. Can you please share your explanation letter with me ...So that i can also some directions to make a strong sop
Basically in my case, I already had an undergraduate degree & I wanted to pursue a post secondary level diploma (I chose the program because I genuinely wanted to pursue that course) so both of my refusals were for that particular course, after my 2nd refusal I realised that irrespective of my countless explanations they won’t pass me unless I opt for a post graduate level of study (my refusal reason in GCMS notes also stated ‘no progression of studies, furthermore that made them think that I’m not a genuine student’)
My overall IELTS score was 8 bands, GIC paid, 1 year tuition paid, in 2nd attempt I showed even more funds, course was also related

So the only logical reason I could see was the level of study !

So then I decided to pursue a tat different course (but related to my Undergrad field, so courses somewhat matched all three times). I then joined an entry level job in January to fill the gap & the job was of the same field as my new course.

So coming back to Letter Of Explanation, I didn’t follow a particular template or anything basically I drafted a 4 page SOP & I kind of presented it in a narrative form like a story based on my life & tried my level best to convince the Visa Officer that I genuinely want to study further in Canada

There were few headings under which I drafted the letter -
1. Introduction
2. Academic & Professional Background
3. Why A Transition To This New Course
4. Why I Chose Canada
5. Financial Capability
6. Future Plans

- I tried to remain as humble as possible and I also accepted that I was wrong to choose a diploma initially but now this new path is even better for me.
- I also talked about my earlier refusals and how I devoted my 6-7 months towards those two attempts.
-Tried to convey to the visa officer that the demand of personnels in this field is very high in India (my home country).
-I tried to present a very concrete career objective to make him realise that I am pretty darn serious.
-I also talked about how I wanted to simply gain international experience in the most diverse nation & eventually return back to India as I grew up in that country & I want to settle close to my parents.
-Also, I mentioned clearly why that particular college and that course, told them about the ways the particular course would help me achieve my career goals

The entire point is- each & everybody’s case is very different. Your reason for refusals might be completely different from mine, likewise your profile would also be different from mine but the thing is *just understand the refusal reason, decide it as much as you can & simply try to resolve that concern raised by the officer as smoothly & realistically as possible*

I would also suggest you to draft the Letter Of Explanation all by yourself because nobody else knows you better than you yourself. If you draft it all by yourself, I’m sure the person reading it would somehow understand your emotions & if everything makes sense would consider you genuine.

Draft it all by yourself then take help from your counsellor or somebody else who can correct the presentation basically (just make it fluent & grammatically correct)

Do a lot of research, read articles about study permit refusal reason & how to correct them, you can also watch tons of videos on YouTube for the same.

All the best buddy :) just put in honest efforts, 100% you will make it !!!

Last edited: