+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused trv, what to do??

supes7756

Oct 22, 2017
Hello,

I recently got my study permit extended from within Canada on 9th of August. I had to leave Canada and go to my country Pakistan. I did not apply for a new trv from Canada.

I applied for a new trv from outside Canada, from Oman ( i went to Oman as a visitor and im currently in Oman ). I applied for a new trv online from Oman on 23rd of August. I submitted my biometrics at VFS global oman in Muscat on 5th of September. According to VFS global, my biometrics were sent to the Visa Processing Center in Abu Dhabi on 6th of September but whenever i logged in to my online application, it always said that " we have not received your fingerprints. Check the message below". My online application kept on showing this till 20th of October. I even filled out IRCC webform to ask whether they have received my fingerprints or not.

I received a very general reply, they said that due to an error in their online system they cannot upload any biometrics information of applicants online and due to this the processing times for applications have increased.

They did not even mention if they have received my biometrics.

I received a correspondence letter in my online application on 21st of October which said that my application has been refused :(

It said in the letter that the reason my application was checked off. The only reason that was checked off was " You have not complied with our request for information, as per section 16(1)." Nothing else was checked off.

I am really sad and worried as I am an international student in Canada and my classes have already started in September. I was hoping to return to my classes for this semester but now i can not. I do not know what to do. I should not have left Canada without trv and I regret my decision to apply from outside Canada.

I can not understand what can be the reason for refusal, did Visa processing center not receive my fingerprints? Can that be a reason for refusal of trv? My online application kept on showing " We have not received your fingerprints" until the day i received the correspondence letter.

I submitted all the required documents for trv application, I submitted the following documents

Proof of Means of Financial Support
Travel History
Passport
Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter
Digital Photo
Family Information
Schedule 1- application for trv made outside of Canada
Invitation Letter ( i gave proof of enrollment in university in Fall semester for invitation letter)
Letter of Explanation (i attached a copy of study permit with the letter and in the letter i stated that I am a student, i got my study permit extended in August and I want to return to Canada so I can resume my studies)

I will also apply for caips notes to see what went wrong with my application.

I think that may be my biomterics were not received as it kept saying in my online account that my fingerprints have not been received and this might be the reason my application was refused.

I really need an experts advice on this issue. Should I consult an immigration lawyer as well??

Thanks