+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused Study Permit for 2nd Time ... Please Help

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Hi, was refused a student visa second time already in SDS because of proposed studies not reasonable. My GCMS notes for my 2nd refusal are similar to my 1st:

On review of all info including PA's previous employment/educational history, their motivation to pursue studies in Canada at this point does not seem reasonable; study plan submitted is general and does not outline a clear career path for which such an edcational programme would be of benefit. Considering applicant's extensive education and 17 years of work experience in the same field, I am not satisfied that applicant would not have already achieved the benefits of this program. It is not evident why applicant would study this program at such great expense considering applicant already possesses a higher level of qualification. I am not satisfied that this is a reasonable progression of studies, which raises concerns regarding applicant's intended purpose in Canada. Not satisfied on balance that applicant is a genuine student who would respect terms of authorized stay, nor that S-1 is not to facilitate entry to Canada for other unknown reasons. Application denied.

I already addressed these in detail in my reapplication SOP (around 5 pages). My study plan was definitely not general and was detailed, I have travel history visas to US and Canada and respected them always, but visa officer was not convinced. :(

Background:
39 years old
Planning to take up Creative Advertising college diploma at Seneca
Traveling with spouse and child
Bs Comm Tech Mgt graduate
17 years work as magazine editor and web writer

Thanks!

ak_47

Sep 16, 2018
Hi, was refused a student visa second time already in SDS because of proposed studies not reasonable. My GCMS notes for my 2nd refusal are similar to my 1st:
Hi, Sorry to hear about your first refusal. I have actually heard that Canada doesn accept huge study gaps first of all.
Secondly, if at all you want to study ahead . Probably you should do your masters from University.Since that would add more value to your knowledge and skills as when I read your refusal as well, even I had a question some where that why would you want fo study in a college after so much experience.

This made me think as well. Or may be you should think of some other lateral course which would enhance your current please take some one else's advice as well

On review of all info including PA's previous employment/educational history, their motivation to pursue studies in Canada at this point does not seem reasonable; study plan submitted is general and does not outline a clear career path for which such an edcational programme would be of benefit. Considering applicant's extensive education and 17 years of work experience in the same field, I am not satisfied that applicant would not have already achieved the benefits of this program. It is not evident why applicant would study this program at such great expense considering applicant already possesses a higher level of qualification. I am not satisfied that this is a reasonable progression of studies, which raises concerns regarding applicant's intended purpose in Canada. Not satisfied on balance that applicant is a genuine student who would respect terms of authorized stay, nor that S-1 is not to facilitate entry to Canada for other unknown reasons. Application denied.

I already addressed these in detail in my reapplication SOP (around 5 pages). My study plan was definitely not general and was detailed, I have travel history visas to US and Canada and respected them always, but visa officer was not convinced. :(

Background:
39 years old

Thanks!

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
you claim to have addresed these in detail with a 5 page long SOP but you didnt tell us how you addressed it. why are you choosing to study AFTER 17 years of work???

anyway i highly doubt anyone wants to read a 5 page long essay so you should cut out all the crap in it -_-
Thank you. I decided to take the study permit pathway leading to eventual PR. My Express Entry points are below the usual number they select for draws (My age is one factor). My background is also not an in-demand skill, so I also have a hard time with PNP pathway.

I explained in my SOP the many innovations in advertising since I last studied. Getting a formal education is the best way I can keep up.

ak_47

Sep 16, 2018
Thank you. I decided to take the study permit pathway leading to eventual PR. My Express Entry points are below the usual number they select for draws (My age is one factor). My background is also not an in-demand skill, so I also have a hard time with PNP pathway.

I explained in my SOP the many innovations in advertising since I last studied. Getting a formal education is the best way I can keep up.
So they know that your intention is PR thats why you have chosen study as an entry to Canada.

Its clear, so recommend you to atleast try with Masters from a university. Or else it doesn't seem possible. Wishing you luck!

Reactions: Uvr and eagerly

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
So they know that your intention is PR thats why you have chosen study as an entry to Canada.

Its clear, so recommend you to atleast try with Masters from a university. Or else it doesn't seem possible. Wishing you luck!
Thank you for your input! Is a Masters expensive? I doubt if I could support it with the budget I have.

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
You need to have a good explanation why you're taking up a diploma course after having 17 years of work experience and a completed bachelors degree. My first refusal was similar. I explained to them that I didn't have a bachelors degree and I never completed college. A masters degree might be a better option for you. It seems it doesn't make sense to them if you're taking a course that's not an "upgrade" to the current education level that you have.

Reactions: Uvr

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
5 pages is too long keep it to the point. You probably need to apply for at least a post graduate diploma also.

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
You need to have a good explanation why you're taking up a diploma course after having 17 years of work experience and a completed bachelors degree. My first refusal was similar. I explained to them that I didn't have a bachelors degree and I never completed college. A masters degree might be a better option for you. It seems it doesn't make sense to them if you're taking a course that's not an "upgrade" to the current education level that you have.
Thank you very much

hajar123

Aug 5, 2019
Brazil

Background:
39 years old

Thanks!

Where’s it that you’re from, Eagerly?

niruda

Star Member
Sep 17, 2019

Background:
39 years old

Thanks!
Traveling with wife and child?? Then you should forget about the study permit. They are your family ties in your country. If they go with you then it proves you will never come back.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Proposing a course of studies that is below your current education level, after a considerable amount of time working in the industry, and proposing to bring your spouse and child along absolutely screams that you are not a genuine student and are applying only for PR. That you've admitted as much here cements it, and the visa officers have determined it as well.

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Traveling with wife and child?? Then you should forget about the study permit. They are your family ties in your country. If they go with you then it proves you will never come back.
Is this so? But the visa officer didn't mention anything about home ties in the GCMS notes, only the program I was taking.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Is this so? But the visa officer didn't mention anything about home ties in the GCMS notes, only the program I was taking.
They don't always identify every single issue in the GCMS notes. By your own admission you are not a genuine student.