+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal due to PCC

jenny012

Jan 4, 2019
Hi i submittedd my application on nov 27th and today i got a refusal letter stating,

The Police certificate from Sri Lanka that you provided with your application is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period of time spent in Sri Lanka. You have indicated in your address/personal history that you resided in Sri Lanka from 2002/08/09 to 2013/08/29. The police certificate covers up to 2013/08/28. o

The Police certificate from Sri Lanka that ----- provided with your application is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period of time spent in Sri Lanka. You have indicated in your address/personal history that you resided in Sri Lanka from 2001/01/01 to 2013/08/16. The police certificate covers up to 2013/08/15.

Me and my husband put the leaving srilanka date as the day we took the flight but our police clearence was till the day before. can i re appeal to update my personal details or should i create a profile again and change m details. they also stated that the application is not fully reviewed. Please help

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
Hi i submittedd my application on nov 27th and today i got a refusal letter stating,

The Police certificate from Sri Lanka that ----- provided with your application is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period of time spent in Sri Lanka. You have indicated in your address/personal history that you resided in Sri Lanka from 2001/01/01 to 2013/08/16. The police certificate covers up to 2013/08/15.

Me and my husband put the leaving srilanka date as the day we took the flight but our police clearence was till the day before. can i re appeal to update my personal details or should i create a profile again and change m details. they also stated that the application is not fully reviewed. Please help
Hi Jenny ,is this a refusal letter or just request letter / correspondence they sent you ? if you mentioned in Shedule A form , there is no section for the date. its only Month/year. how its possible someone get refused because 10 days less or more in the personal histories ?!!! could you please flash out your personal detaills/number and copy the rest of the text here?

jenny012

Jan 4, 2019
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
o The Police certificate from Sri Lanka that you provided with your application is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period of time spent in Sri Lanka. You have indicated in your address/personal history that you resided in Sri Lanka from 2002/08/09 to 2013/08/29. The police certificate covers up to 2013/08/28.
o The Police certificate from Sri Lanka that ——provided with your application is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period of time spent in Sri Lanka. You have indicated in your address/personal history that you resided in Sri Lanka from 2001/01/01 to 2013/08/16. The police certificate covers up to 2013/08/15.
Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete.

This is the body of the letter.

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete.
o The Police certificate from Sri Lanka that you provided with your application is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period of time spent in Sri Lanka. You have indicated in your address/personal history that you resided in Sri Lanka from 2002/08/09 to 2013/08/29. The police certificate covers up to 2013/08/28.
o The Police certificate from Sri Lanka that ——provided with your application is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period of time spent in Sri Lanka. You have indicated in your address/personal history that you resided in Sri Lanka from 2001/01/01 to 2013/08/16. The police certificate covers up to 2013/08/15.
Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete.

This is the body of the letter.
I am sorry this happened to you. However This is most likely not a refusal. you failed in completeness check and they may return document to you. if you paid for processing it also has to be refund. try to complete documents and reapply. anyhow , 10 days gap and returning document for that is just like a joke. they could ask you an update instead of rejection.

jenny012

Jan 4, 2019
Exactly i am confused why would they reject it for one day. and i flew on 08/29th so technically i was in air on that day. should i request a re open on this case through web form. or should i go through the whole thing again?

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
Exactly i am confused why would they reject it for one day. and i flew on 08/29th so technically i was in air on that day. should i request a re open on this case through web form. or should i go through the whole thing again?
Best practice is do both case through web form and also email directly your visa office if you know the responsible office ask them for reconsideration

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
No I dont. One more thing I think you don't even have your file number or application#. So its pretty hard to contact IRCC directly. Maybe case specefic is the best way

exd

Feb 5, 2016
Hi Jenny ,is this a refusal letter or just request letter / correspondence they sent you ? if you mentioned in Shedule A form , there is no section for the date. its only Month/year. how its possible someone get refused because 10 days less or more in the personal histories ?!!! could you please flash out your personal detaills/number and copy the rest of the text here?
i got refusal today because of same reason

exd

Feb 5, 2016
i got refusal today because of same reason

jenny012

Jan 4, 2019
I am sorry to hear that. Unfortunately CIC wouldnt open the case. i have applied for my PCC again and still waiting for it but luckily i got my invitation to apply again already. i highly suggest you get your PCC and submit your express entry soon

jenny012

Jan 4, 2019
Hi soheilhs, So my case has been reopened after a second review and my account now says medical exam passed. but other documents are under review. they have asked me to repay the fee they refunded.

my question is i already applied again for pr last week. should i cancel that application?

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
Hi soheilhs, So my case has been reopened after a second review and my account now says medical exam passed. but other documents are under review. they have asked me to repay the fee they refunded.

my question is i already applied again for pr last week. should i cancel that application?
I am very happy to hear that . Like I said they haven't had to do that.

Yes if you submitted another one you can withdraw it and ask a refund

Reactions: aababuji

jjk505

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Managua, Nicaragua
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-09-2019
I really need help Im so hearth broken right now

I am a Nicaraguan citizen, I've lived in Nicaragua since i was born in 1987 until 2012, then i moved for two years to Costa Rica and then moved back to Nicaragua and been living there ever since, i had 460 on my EEP, got my AOR on Jan 20th this year along with my eAPR, I uploaded a police certificate from Costa Rica and a police certificate from Nicaragua as required in the check list

Both documents were translated to English and translations were submitted too, one quick clarification the police certificate which was issued to me in Nicaragua in January covers my entire criminal background since i turned 18 til day of issuing. I truly don´t know what else to do since that is the only police certificate available in Nicaragua

I got this letter yesterday

- Police Certificate:
o The Police certificate, from NICARAGUA was not provided. A Court Certificate is required with the Certificado de Conducta or Récord de Policía. This document is required based on address/background history from 1989/04/01 to 2012/07/06 and 2014/05/25 to 2019/03/20. It appears you resided six months or more in a row in that country.
NOTE: You did not provide a letter of explanation and proof of submission for this Police Certificate.