+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refund of fees and FSW?

pikku24

Apr 18, 2010
Hi Friends,
I am planning to apply under federal skilled worker program.We are a family of 3 .The price is 550 CAD each .
If my application gets rejected for any reason ,will this fee be refunded?

Thanks,
Piku

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From The OP6 Manual version dated 2010-04-01.
Not sure if there is a more current one

Fees
Applicants are required to pay two fees:
• the cost recovery fee;
• the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF).Cost recovery fee

The cost recovery fee is payable at the time the application is made to
the CIO.

The cost recovery fee must be paid only for persons who intend to immigrate to Canada. This
includes the principal applicant and any accompanying family members.

An applicant may withdraw an application and receive a refund of the cost recovery fee any time
before processing of the application begins at a visa office. This rule also applies to applications
that are not eligible for processing according to the Ministerial Instructions. Once processing has
begun at a visa office, the cost recovery fee is not refundable.

So in a nutshell the answer is NO

sainimanjeet79

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Hello sisifo

I am going to appear for ielts test on 17th july & the result will come on 31st july whereas my 120 days deadline will finish on 28th july 2010 . My consultant said me that u can send other document before deadline and send my ielts result on 31st july when result came and now i have to deposit dd of 550 cad & 150 cad for embassy fee of my wife & my son . I know that Visa officer will start processing my case after 10-15 days after due date and suppose on 31st july i will not get required score in ielts then can i withdraw my case so that embassy refund fee of me , my wife & my son . My friend said that if your 120 days deadline will lapse then you will not be eligible for case withdraw.

please suggest me

CAN-PAK

Jul 2, 2010
pikku24 said:
Hi Friends,
I am planning to apply under federal skilled worker program.We are a family of 3 .The price is 550 CAD each .
If my application gets rejected for any reason ,will this fee be refunded?

Thanks,
Piku

If your application rejected by CIO, than you'll get your refund.

And, if your visa office once considered your application eligible for processing (your 67 marks requirement fulfilled) and they started processing on it (Your ecase will show "Inprocess"), you;ll not get refund.

Hope this will clarify.

CAN-PAK

sainimanjeet79

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
tanyavaad CAN PAK paraji

So i sholud deposit my wife & my son fee (550 &150 cad)

ONe next question as my 120 days deadline is on 28th july and my result of ielts will come on 31 st july . Can i submit other document (with ielts exam receipt which shows that i have given the exam and result is awaited )except ielts result before due date & send the ielts testresult on 31st july when i get my result . Will it work or not

CAN-PAK

Jul 2, 2010
sainimanjeet79 said:
tanyavaad CAN PAK paraji

So i sholud deposit my wife & my son fee (550 &150 cad)

ONe next question as my 120 days deadline is on 28th july and my result of ielts will come on 31 st july . Can i submit other document (with ielts exam receipt which shows that i have given the exam and result is awaited )except ielts result before due date & send the ielts testresult on 31st july when i get my result . Will it work or not

Accepting your full package is at the discrete of Visa Officer. He may accept or reject application without IELTS.

However, to my mind, if you'll not send your docs within 120 days you'll loose oppertunity for sure, but sending docs without ielts and writing a humble/appologizing request to VO may convince him to accpet your application and wait for ielts result prior to making any further decision.

Well dear these are my thoughts please please wait for more ideas and suggestions.

CAN-PAK

atteeq

Star Member
May 1, 2010
hi all i have withdraw my case from FSW but didnot get my checqu till now almost 10 months really worried send letter 1 month before to cic but still no reply... any idea please guide. :'(