+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refund from ISI college montreal

Rajwinder89

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
If there is a clear deadline mentioned in their website which says if you cancel enrollment you will get refund within X date, you can claim refund. but now it’s 7th of Feb and you most probably missed the deadline.

But even in this case, some universities usually refund at least 50% after starting classess when its still not too late.

Now, if there is clear mention about the policy you can ask them to refund the money (deducting some administrative fees 500-100 usually).

But every university has some sort of policy maybe you haven’t found that on their website & typically they dont flash these kind of information to user that easily. its business nonetheless.

So if they can provide any sort of evidence supporting their non-refundable policy, the chances of getting refund is very slim.

keep talking with university officials and see what happens.

let us know what happens.
I talk to them so many times they said they have non refundable policy. Rising Phoenix international is a consultant company which holds all students fees.i went there they clearly said that you signed non refund policy papers.we denied that because my sister didn't signed anything like that.Then there was an agent he said if you didn't signed that policy then your admission is fake ,we need to inform to police and immigration. I told them that give me form because i need to change college but they said no.They said they will not allow us to change college .Finally agent said do whatever you can do.

Rajwinder89

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
If there is a clear deadline mentioned in their website which says if you cancel enrollment you will get refund within X date, you can claim refund if you’re still in that date. but now it’s 7th of Feb and you most probably missed the deadline.

But even in this case, some universities usually refund at least 50% after starting classess when its still not too late.

Now, if there is clear mention about the policy you can ask them to refund the money (deducting some administrative fees 500-100 usually).

But every university has some sort of policy maybe you haven’t found that on their website & typically they dont flash these kind of information to user that easily. its business nonetheless.

So if they can provide any sort of evidence supporting their non-refundable policy, the chances of getting refund is very slim.

keep talking with university officials and see what happens.

let us know what happens.
Orientation was on 1 February, 2019.i think still we have time to get refund

ledokt

Jan 12, 2019
South korea
Category........
Orientation was on 1 February, 2019.i think still we have time to get refund
I don’t understand why consultant should hold all tution fees?
even if you applied through agency, now that you are here in canada the tuition fee is in possession of rhe university . so now you can only deal with the university.

changing college doesn’t need their help or form. you can inform cic that you changed the school but you need to be admitted to a DLI school and provide evidence that they will take you. but i don’t think now any university is open to accept spring semester students.

you can do first semester here and then transfer credit to another one so this way at least your money is not a total waste.

Rajwinder89

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
I don’t understand why consultant should hold all tution fees?
even if you applied through agency, now that you are here in canada the tuition fee is in possession of rhe university . so now you can only deal with the university.

changing college doesn’t need their help or form. you can inform cic that you changed the school but you need to be admitted to a DLI school and provide evidence that they will take you. but i don’t think now any university is open to accept spring semester students.

you can do first semester here and then transfer credit to another one so this way at least your money is not a total waste.
We already got admission for may 2019.I dont want my sister to study in this environment anymore.now I am worried about gap also.she will be free from February 01 to april 30.Do we need to apply for vistor visa? If yes then in may do i ned to apply for study permit again ?

ledokt

Jan 12, 2019
South korea
Category........
We already got admission for may 2019.I dont want my sister to study in this environment anymore.now I am worried about gap also.she will be free from February 01 to april 30.Do we need to apply for vistor visa? If yes then in may do i ned to apply for study permit again ?
If you can not change school i would advise you to just finish this semester and then start next intake on another school.
if you stop continue in this school, it means you are on a study permit in canada but not going to school. so a gap is created and It can be a issue maybe but im not totally sure.

Anyway if they don’t refund the money i would say stay there for one semester and then transfer to another school at next available intake like i said.
by the way can i know the school name?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
If you can not change school i would advise you to just finish this semester and then start next intake on another school.
if you stop continue in this school, it means you are on a study permit in canada but not going to school. so a gap is created and It can be a issue maybe but im not totally sure.

Anyway if they don’t refund the money i would say stay there for one semester and then transfer to another school at next available intake like i said.
I am bit sleepy as well but the name of thread gives it all. Cheers

Rajwinder89

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018

ISI, L'institut Supérieur d'Informatique

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
ISI, L'institut Supérieur d'Informatique
I think it's better that you start to get the Indian Embassy involved. I am sure the embassy will be able to provide help if you are being thretaned with being sent to the police and deportation. They should also be able to comfort those who are scared to talk.

You could contact the nearest high commission or consulate office or raise a greivance on madad platform.

Rajwinder89

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
I think it's better that you start to get the Indian Embassy involved. I am sure the embassy will be able to provide help if you are being thretaned with being sent to the police and deportation. They should also be able to comfort those who are scared to talk.

You could contact the nearest high commission or consulate office or raise a greivance on madad platform.
I tried everything dear.i am flying every week from Edmonton to quebec to get help but not successful

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
It would be better to contact CBC Montreal here

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/cbc-montreal-contact-list-story-ideas-tips-1.3368463

If you are afraid of repercussion, you can ask anonymously send the details to CBC News here

https://securedrop.cbc.ca/

Since we aren't directly affected to the Incident, we can't do much to help from an evidence point of view, it is up to the people affected to do something.

If you want to get consular help the use the following link

http://madad.gov.in/AppConsular/welcomeLink

Rajwinder89

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
It would be better to contact CBC Montreal here

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/cbc-montreal-contact-list-story-ideas-tips-1.3368463

If you are afraid of repercussion, you can ask anonymously send the details to CBC News here

https://securedrop.cbc.ca/

Since we aren't directly affected to the Incident, we can't do much to help from an evidence point of view, it is up to the people affected to do something.

If you want to get consular help the use the following link

http://madad.gov.in/AppConsular/welcomeLink
Thank you.i will call them right now

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
If you have a new LOA you are fine to stay in Canada as student until your new program start, you dont need to change visa or anything. Update DLI on myCIC.

Getting your money back is another issue, probably the only recourse is going to be court if you are willing to go that way so try to keep evidence of your requests to them.