+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugees can now apply for PR online

miaa_00

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
so basically only 4 forms has to be filled.. what about document checklist form
we dont have to do it as I dont see that form online?

miaa_00

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
one more question how to sign IMM 0008 SCH14 form? do we need to to print, sign, scan and attach?

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
so basically only 4 forms has to be filled.. what about document checklist form
we dont have to do it as I dont see that form online?
one more question how to sign IMM 0008 SCH14 form? do we need to to print, sign, scan and attach?
when I helped my friend with the online application, I downloaded the checklist, ticked it and uploaded it. We also printed the IMM 0008 SCH14 then signed it, scanned it and uploaded it.

Reactions: miaa_00

rockinglife786

May 24, 2015
what should i fill up on Status in country On Personal history?
because Refugee claimant or Protected person Exceed 14 words limit they have on answer

Maher94m

Dec 25, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am in Canada. I still have not received my first PR Card.

I have received my CoPR through email in Feb 2021 from the IRCC in Montreal.

As requested in the email in order to get the PR card, I had to mail back (through Canada Post) 2 photos and the CoPR to the provided address in Montreal in Feb 2021. ( just a few days after the CoPR acknowledgment)

I have not heard anything from IRCC since then, I have not received any kind of acknowledgment about the status of my first PR application.

As you know the current processing time for New PR card is 50 days. And I have been waiting for about 150 days so far.

My questions are:

- Do I need to register on the new PR Portal and submit a new PR application? is this going to make any kind of conflict with what I already sent to IRCC by mail?
- If not, what do you think I should do at the moment?

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am in Canada. I still have not received my first PR Card.

I have received my CoPR through email in Feb 2021 from the IRCC in Montreal.

As requested in the email in order to get the PR card, I had to mail back (through Canada Post) 2 photos and the CoPR to the provided address in Montreal in Feb 2021. ( just a few days after the CoPR acknowledgment)

I have not heard anything from IRCC since then, I have not received any kind of acknowledgment about the status of my first PR application.

As you know the current processing time for New PR card is 50 days. And I have been waiting for about 150 days so far.

My questions are:

- Do I need to register on the new PR Portal and submit a new PR application? is this going to make any kind of conflict with what I already sent to IRCC by mail?
- If not, what do you think I should do at the moment?
New online portal is for people who are applying just now , not an existing ( you applied already )
I guess you should just wait

miaa_00

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hi,
After submitting my PR application I came to know that my PR photos were supposed to be digital copy where as I just scanned front and back of a photo and submitted
How can I send them digital copy now??
any advice

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
I applied in new online portal and I am worried now how to make changes or shall I apply again
Hi,
After submitting my PR application I came to know that my PR photos were supposed to be digital copy where as I just scanned front and back of a photo and submitted
How can I send them digital copy now??
any advice
it is totally ok as long as it the scanned photo is clear and the back of the photo has the photographer info and yours. no worries.
do not reapply. it will cause issues to your application. Just so you know, when we send our paper application with our photos, IRCC scan the photos, thus, a scanned photo is acceptable 100% unless it is not clear.

Reactions: miaa_00

miaa_00

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
it is totally ok as long as it the scanned photo is clear and the back of the photo has the photographer info and yours. no worries.
do not reapply. it will cause issues to your application. Just so you know, when we send our paper application with our photos, IRCC scan the photos, thus, a scanned photo is acceptable 100% unless it is not clear.
Thanks alot

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
I do not know how to answer
Schedule 14
Have you ever been granted permanent residence in Canada?
No? (I am applying just now, right?)

Are you a legal and permanent resident of any country? Like my home country?

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
I wrote all no on this form! We have not obtained permanent residents yet! The last question is for permanent residents of any country, we don’t! Our country of origin is a citizen, a permanent resident of the question here! This is my understanding

Reactions: Masjuy