+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugees can now apply for PR online

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
I suppose yes it will reduce turn around time. Hopefully we can have separate thread for those applied online and I guess after a year it will give indication in term of processing time vs paper based application. This go along with Minister of Immigration announcement that they will speed up application for the protected person to reunite with their family. I think, with online application, officers can pull the file from home, other location (out of Mississauga )and process.
i do not think many people know about this new online application because IRCC have not updated the applicant guidelines and maybe because it is still in the trial period. So i doubt that we will see many online applicants in the near future..

Reactions: Simba112

szagham

Apr 24, 2018
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/how-to-apply-online.html

i recommend that future PR applicants apply online.. it will be a better experience for sure.
Hi everyone!
I am about to submit PR application for me and family members and I not only created an account on this portal but also have gone through all the forms etc there, so I actually couldn’t find only one form which additional family declaration (008)in this digital portal.
I guess I need to ask a consultant if this portal is ready to use or if it is still in trial mode.
Regards
Syed

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
Hi everyone!
I am about to submit PR application for me and family members and I not only created an account on this portal but also have gone through all the forms etc there, so I actually couldn’t find only one form which additional family declaration (008)in this digital portal.
I guess I need to ask a consultant if this portal is ready to use or if it is still in trial mode.
Regards
Syed
I think you can add your dependents on IMM 0008 which the first option. how many dependents do you have? additional family declaration (008) is used in the paper application if you have more dependents than what the IMM 0008 paper application can take.

UPDATE: i actually just checked the online application and you can add as many dependents as you have on IMM 0008 online application. therefore, you don't need the additional family declaration (0008) which is used in the pr paper application.

szagham

Apr 24, 2018
I think you can add your dependents on IMM 0008 which the first option. how many dependents do you have? additional family declaration (008) is used in the paper application if you have more dependents than what the IMM 0008 paper application can take.

UPDATE: i actually just checked the online application and you can add as many dependents as you have on IMM 0008 online application. therefore, you don't need the additional family declaration (0008) which is used in the pr paper application.
Hi,
Good Morning!
Yeah your point does make sense, I actually have a wife and three kids. I’m gathering the docs and will get back to you to let everyone know about my exp.
Regards

Reactions: Sakr77

szagham

Apr 24, 2018
hi everyone.. i just helped a friend to apply for their PR using the new online portal. Smooth and much better than the paper-based application.
Hi,
So may I ask few things as I’m also in process to apply online.
Do we need submit Generic form 008 separately for dependents?
How to submit background and Schedule A for dependents? Though I found Add family member in both of these forms and since there is no option to upload these three forma separately!
How to upload back side of photos coz IRCC wants you to write names, DOB and studio address
Waiting for your kind response
Thanks and Regards

szagham

Apr 24, 2018
One more question!
1- Do I need to pay for my Biometrics again since I got my Biometrics in 2019 while filing Asylum case
2- Should I pay biometric fee for my family along with PR application fee?
Regards

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
Hi,
So may I ask few things as I’m also in process to apply online.
Do we need submit Generic form 008 separately for dependents?
How to submit background and Schedule A for dependents? Though I found Add family member in both of these forms and since there is no option to upload these three forma separately!
How to upload back side of photos coz IRCC wants you to write names, DOB and studio address
Waiting for your kind response
Thanks and Regards
- Do we need submit Generic form 008 separately for dependents?
No, at the end of the generic form you find this question "Do you have dependants to add to this form?", press yes then proceed to "Add dependents". Add each of your dependents and make sure to choose that they are accompanying you to Canada

- How to submit background and Schedule A for dependents? Though I found Add family member in both of these forms and since there is no option to upload these three forma separately!
you can add your dependents.. for example, go to IMM 5669 then press "Add new family member". you can then add their info.. there is no form to upload except for your schedule 14..

-How to upload back side of photos coz IRCC wants you to write names, DOB and studio address
scan the back of the photos and upload them.

- Do I need to pay for my Biometrics again since I got my Biometrics in 2019 while filing Asylum case
no, you don't have to pay for biometrics again according to this: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

- Should I pay biometric fee for my family along with PR application fee?
yes, you should pay the biometric fees for your dependents and upload it to the online application if they are overseas and have never had their biometrics taken

At the end, make sure to upload your notice of decision, photos, proof of relationship with dependents, your ID or passport and anything on the checklist. good luck!

szagham

Apr 24, 2018
- Do we need submit Generic form 008 separately for dependents?
No, at the end of the generic form you find this question "Do you have dependants to add to this form?", press yes then proceed to "Add dependents". Add each of your dependents and make sure to choose that they are accompanying you to Canada

- How to submit background and Schedule A for dependents? Though I found Add family member in both of these forms and since there is no option to upload these three forma separately!
you can add your dependents.. for example, go to IMM 5669 then press "Add new family member". you can then add their info.. there is no form to upload except for your schedule 14..

-How to upload back side of photos coz IRCC wants you to write names, DOB and studio address
scan the back of the photos and upload them.

- Do I need to pay for my Biometrics again since I got my Biometrics in 2019 while filing Asylum case
no, you don't have to pay for biometrics again according to this: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

- Should I pay biometric fee for my family along with PR application fee?
yes, you should pay the biometric fees for your dependents and upload it to the online application if they are overseas and have never had their biometrics taken

At the end, make sure to upload your notice of decision, photos, proof of relationship with dependents, your ID or passport and anything on the checklist. good luck!
Thanks alot