+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugees can now apply for PR online

HL123

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Hi guys,
I have a question. For imm5669 Schedule A, there is a question like :
Have you or, any of your family members listed in this application, ever: made previous claims for refugee protection in Canada or at a Canadian visa office abroad, in any other country(ies) or territory(ies), or with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)?
Do I need to answer YES for this one because I am applying for PR under the refugee stream?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi guys,
I have a question. For imm5669 Schedule A, there is a question like :
Have you or, any of your family members listed in this application, ever: made previous claims for refugee protection in Canada or at a Canadian visa office abroad, in any other country(ies) or territory(ies), or with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)?
Do I need to answer YES for this one because I am applying for PR under the refugee stream?
key word " In any other country...." have you?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Definitely no for other countries , but there is another word ‘ in Canada ‘. I want to know if I need to answer No for this question.
If you are referring to 6 (c) of IMM 5669 then The answer is no... provided you have not made "PREVIOUS CLAIM"

HL123

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Hello guys,
For Schedule 14 question 7, should I answer NO for this question as I am a citizen rather than a permanent resident of my home country?
Thank you

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi guys,
For identification and relationship documents, it asks "translation for every identity and relationship document that is in a language other than english and french" . We applied with my husband and got accepted together in canada. Do I have to add marriage certification?
Please do, it is important document to your application if it is in your possession.

pamela21

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Hi everyone,
My husband is main applicant for our refugee application, we both applied and both in canada, no kids. could you tell me did i fill out correct documents below?
for main applicant :
mm 0008 generic
imm 0008 sch 14
imm 5406 additional family information
imm 5669 background declaration
document checklist

also for me
mm 0008 generic
imm 0008 sch 14
imm 5406 additional family information
imm 5669 background declaration

Last edited:

Him414

Apr 24, 2022
Hello can someone please help me out?
I applied for pr based on humanitarian and compassionate grounds,

I did medical and i’ve been checking the status using UCI number ( i don’t remember my application number).

For a few months the last message showed medical request sent. nothing else.

couple days ago I try to check status again using UCI number but now it says uci number not valid.

does anyone knows what that means?

pamela21

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Guys How did you manage to keep dimensions for photos ? I have scanned them they look bigger than actual size. I mean they cover a whole page in pdf

Reactions: Sphinx13

Rajeevkumar84

Star Member
Jan 30, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Exactly, I also applied for PR one month before digital go live. I mailed to Missisauga and received AOR after 3weeks. If I knew, I could have waited. My bad
Bro I apply October 2021 , my bad I had a lazy Representative he did know as well , he apply my pr paper application which is very slow process I can see, can we do anything now about application like online link or so ?
Because my college apply October 2021 as different lawyer he already
Pr apply 1st October 2021
Got AOR in April 15 2022
He got medical request already
He done his medical as well
So online process is faster

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Bro I apply October 2021 , my bad I had a lazy Representative he did know as well , he apply my pr paper application which is very slow process I can see, can we do anything now about application like online link or so ?
Got AOR in April 15 2022
Exactly, online is faster than paper based application. but when your application is uploaded, it becomes online. so apply online makes more sense than on paper. unfortunately there is nothing you can do once you apply and after it was received

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
Got AOR in April 15 2022
Your speed is very fast, I went to the side to apply in August, and there is no news so far!

Driz001

Apr 21, 2022
Hello all, kindly help with below questions

1. Do I need to notarized supporting documents before I upload e.g birth certificates?

2. I scanned the front of the photo and the back with my full name, DOB and photographer info then upload them separately. Is this the right thing to do?

3. Can I upload family photos to support declaration of traditional marriage affidavit which I submitted in my refugee application? I didn’t do court/ registry wedding.

Thanks all

Reactions: pamela21

Driz001

Apr 21, 2022
Hello all, kindly help with below questions

1. Do I need to notarized supporting documents before I upload e.g birth certificates?

2. I scanned the front of the photo and the back with my full name, DOB and photographer info then upload them separately. Is this the right thing to do?

3. Can I upload family photos to support declaration of traditional marriage affidavit which I submitted in my refugee application? I didn’t do court/ registry wedding.

Thanks all

Reactions: pamela21