Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello
I have my refugee travel document but I don’t have my pr yet
How can I know what country I can travel without visa
Thank you
Start with which country you want to travel, then enquire about country entry requirements. Lets say, i want to go to German... then German dont require Visa on RTD for short stay

qwertyasdf

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Hi, hope everyone’s doing well. Since Canada is lifting restrictions on covid-19 and travel in march, will we be able to apply for RTD that aren’t urgent and be accepted and issued? Thank you!!

ruhgyu

Jan 31, 2022
Hi, hope everyone’s doing well. Since Canada is lifting restrictions on covid-19 and travel in march, will we be able to apply for RTD that aren’t urgent and be accepted and issued? Thank you!!
write through the webform, give it a try i think they are relaxing the rules but not officially.
i was told to follow this order so they may forward it to the COI office.

Therefore, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Webform and choose Certificate of Identity/Refugee Travel Document in the drop-down menu under the heading Enquiry. Please include the following information:

• Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
  • Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
  • Client ID Number, UCI or Application Number,
  • Country of birth,
  • (mandatory) The reason for the urgency,
  • (mandatory) Your estimated travel date,
  • (if applicable) The date on which the application was submitted to IRCC,
  • (if applicable) The mailing method (courier, Canada Post (registered or regular mail), etc.),
    • company used,
    • tracking number, and
  • All documents submitted with your previous request.
Once we receive the above information, we will gladly forward it to the responsible office.

Reactions: qwertyasdf

ruhgyu

Jan 31, 2022
just got to know swiss and austria both require visa for RTD holders.... i thought switzerland didnt require a visa :(

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Application for RTD has no impact on your PR application processing.

I applied for PR in February 2021 and RTD on September 2021. Got my PR last December 2021 and still haven’t heard the team in charge of the RTD applications. Meanwhile, my friend applied for RTD in March 2021 and got it around November 2021.
Update - Good evening everyone. Last week I wrote about expired credit card information in my RTD application that was submitted last year September.I did an online payment for the RTDs and someone on this platform advised that I sent the proof of payment via IRCC web form. I sent the proofs of payment for each application on the same day. I was able to reach IRCC today and they confirmed to me that they have attached the payments to each of the RTDs applications. Thanks for the advice. It’s really appreciated.

NaAzaAn

May 26, 2021
Hello guys,
I need your help,
I wanna travel to Turkey and get married there. So if I travel with my home country passport, I won’t need to get visa for Turkey. But If I travel with RTD , I should get visa for Turkey and as you know we can just apply for RTD for urgent reason!!
So, it’s so easy for me to travel with my original passport, what do you think about it? Can I travel with my original passport to Turkey? ( Turkey isn’t my home country)

Biwako

Mar 6, 2022
Hello guys,
I need your help,
I wanna travel to Turkey and get married there. So if I travel with my home country passport, I won’t need to get visa for Turkey. But If I travel with RTD , I should get visa for Turkey and as you know we can just apply for RTD for urgent reason!!
So, it’s so easy for me to travel with my original passport, what do you think about it? Can I travel with my original passport to Turkey? ( Turkey isn’t my home country)
Never ever use your home country passport or your refugee status will be revoked.

Reactions: NaAzaAn

afacan16

Sep 21, 2021
Hey guys. I'll visit the Slovakia with transit from London.
I have 2 question.
1- Do I need to Transit-visa for London
2- Is Slovakia accept RTD ? (Visa-Free)

Biwako

Mar 6, 2022
Hey guys. I'll visit the Slovakia with transit from London.
I have 2 question.
1- Do I need to Transit-visa for London
2- Is Slovakia accept RTD ? (Visa-Free)
I think you should ask their consulate generals to get the exact answer, people on this forum are not diplomats.

Biwako

Mar 6, 2022
Yes, I agree with you
Actually I’m PR now and wanna apply for RTD but see some people use their original passport and has no issue.
Thanks
You are welcome.
I understand some people may have used their home country passport to travel but it is, to be honest, too risky for you to have a try, sometimes problems won’t be revealed until you apply for Canadian citizenship.
Hope this information helps.

Reactions: NaAzaAn