+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Zai24

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
i think this is what the airport agents use, it has been useful for me so far, united airline also has a system like this, i suggest making sure with embassy before you travel. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com
i know the following from my personal experience,
1- Turkey - you need to apply for visa from embassy and it can take months.
2- Georgia - visa free if you have PR card.
3- kosovo visa free for 15 days
4- UK you need visa even for a short transit
5- USA you need visa
6- Germany is visa free
7- netherlands is also visa free
8-finland requires visa
9- Italy - visa required
10- japan needs visa
if anyone knows more please share!
Italy visa free
see below email from embassy
Holders of a Blue Canadian Travel Document (Convention of 28 July 1951) do not need a visa for transit or short stay in Italy for tourism purpose (max 90 days in a 6 month period).

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Italy visa free
see below email from embassy
Holders of a Blue Canadian Travel Document (Convention of 28 July 1951) do not need a visa for transit or short stay in Italy for tourism purpose (max 90 days in a 6 month period).
Is it a recent news? And you got email from embassy or direct source or from any authentic website ?

farhan2022

Jan 27, 2022
Hi guys, did anyone ever use a family member as Gaurontory? if they live at the same address. and do they have to have professional jobs? thanks in advance.

Cayman

Dec 12, 2021
Hi guys, did anyone ever use a family member as Gaurontory? if they live at the same address. and do they have to have professional jobs? thanks in advance.
Guarantor requirements if you’re applying for a certificate of identity or a refugee travel document
Your guarantor must

• live in Canada
  • be a permanent resident of Canada or a Canadian citizen
  • be available to verify your application
  • have personally known you for at least 6 months
    • If the guarantor is for your child’s documents, they must have known you for at least 6 months and must know of your child.
  • be an occupation-based guarantor, and
    • be registered/licensed with the appropriate local authority to practise their profession
    • currently work in that field
Your guarantor must be a member of one of these groups:

• mayor
  • pharmacist
  • postmaster
  • optometrist
  • veterinarian
  • notary public
  • dentist, medical doctor or chiropractor
  • principal of a primary or secondary school
  • senior administrator or teacher in a university
  • professional engineer (P. Eng. or Ing. in Quebec)
  • senior administrator in a community college (in Quebec, a CEGEP)
  • judge, magistrate or police officer (municipal, provincial or RCMP)
  • professional accountant (member of APA, CA, CGA, CMA, PA or RPA)
  • lawyer (member of a provincial bar association), or notary in Quebec
  • minister of religion authorized under provincial or territorial law to perform marriages
You can only use retired occupation-based guarantors if their name still appears on the listing provided to us by the relevant association.

farhan2022

Jan 27, 2022
Thank you, my doctor is closed due to covid and I don't have a lawyer. I could use a Puplic Notary that doest know me but I thought Guarantor will be better.

SingIt

Sep 10, 2021
A question: can we have a travel document even if we don't have pr? If yes, can we travel outside of canada with that travel document? thank you

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
My country of origin passport has expired and I have no plans to contact the country of origin! Are you waiting for naturalization after getting PR, and staying in Canada during this time!

ruhgyu

Jan 31, 2022
hi everyone,
i sent a webform requesting urgent travel document application. i recieved a generic email saying Travel Document applications are postponed due to Covid. does that mean they did not consider my case to be urgent?
anyone had any experience?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
hi everyone,
i sent a webform requesting urgent travel document application. i recieved a generic email saying Travel Document applications are postponed due to Covid. does that mean they did not consider my case to be urgent?
anyone had any experience?
It means thats a generic reply, wait for 48hrs if anyone reach out to you for Passport office