+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Mkg93

Aug 19, 2020
Hi, thanks for this beneficial thread, I have my RTD and have applied for PR back in MAR2019.

I was wondering what experiences or issues anyone has faced travelling with RTD during theses chaotic times. I am planning onvisiting my fiancé, mom, and sisters in Turkey(not my home country) in September as they are open up. Just wondering if I’d have any issues returning with RTD if our border restrictions don’t loosen up next month.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, thanks for this beneficial thread, I have my RTD and have applied for PR back in MAR2019.

I was wondering what experiences or issues anyone has faced travelling with RTD during theses chaotic times. I am planning onvisiting my fiancé, mom, and sisters in Turkey(not my home country) in September as they are open up. Just wondering if I’d have any issues returning with RTD if our border restrictions don’t loosen up next month.
You shouldn’t have issues returning but will have to do a 14 day quarantine. This is a fluid situation so there are no guarantees that flights won’t get canceled or if you show signs of covid you won’t be let on the plane either.

Mkg93

Aug 19, 2020
Ok thanks, just making sure I don’t get stuck abroad because they won’t let me return. But you are situation is constantly changing and will be prepared in case there are delays upon return

xxffgg

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hey Guys,

I wonder if any one here has traveled back to Canada using RTD during COVID.. Is it possible? Can I still travel back and forth to the US using my RTD with no issues?

Thanks.

Reactions: luckyrefugee

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hey Guys,

I wonder if any one here has traveled back to Canada using RTD during COVID.. Is it possible? Can I still travel back and forth to the US using my RTD with no issues?

Thanks.
It is possible to travel back to Canada with RTD. Because protected persons are exampt from travel restrictions. But it is not possible to travel US because US Canada border is closed for everyone.

xxffgg

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
It is possible to travel back to Canada with RTD. Because protected persons are exampt from travel restrictions. But it is not possible to travel US because US Canada border is closed for everyone.
I wonder how that actually works, if you visit the International Calgary Airport webpage, You'll see there's flights going and coming to and from the US. Dallas, Chicago and L.A. to name a few...

zameer23

Jan 20, 2020
Hello everyone! How are you all doing?
When applying for a Refugee Travel Document, where do we mail in our application? is it
OSC PPT-COI
PO BOX 8783 STN T CSC
OTTAWA ON K1G 5G8

Or
Passport office (Certificate of Identity Section)
Place du Centre, Commercial Level 2
200 Promenade du Portage
Gatineau, QC J8X 4B7
Canada

Thank you!

roycanada

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hello everyone! How are you all doing?
When applying for a Refugee Travel Document, where do we mail in our application? is it
OSC PPT-COI
PO BOX 8783 STN T CSC
OTTAWA ON K1G 5G8

Or
Passport office (Certificate of Identity Section)
Place du Centre, Commercial Level 2
200 Promenade du Portage
Gatineau, QC J8X 4B7
Canada

Thank you!
Apply by mail:
Use a certified courier or traceable mail service to reduce the delivery time of your child’s application. This will also help protect your documents.

OSC PPT-COI
PO BOX 8783 STN T CSC
OTTAWA ON K1G 5G8

Mursal Waheed

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Hi
Anyone can send me a link to apply for travel documents online im searching the net since hours how to pay online to print the raseed

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
Hi
Anyone can send me a link to apply for travel documents online im searching the net since hours how to pay online to print the raseed
You cannot apply it Online, you need to download the form and fill it , Attach supporting documents, you also need 1 guarantor and 2 References, see the Guidance for Guarantor eligibility.