+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

salt.life1920

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
Thanks for the info but whst can i do if the country where my family resides and i want to visit them do not issue a visitor visa for rtd holders so ill be forced to use my national passport for visiting my family after years of not seeing them. What do u think

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Thanks for the info but whst can i do if the country where my family resides and i want to visit them do not issue a visitor visa for rtd holders so ill be forced to use my national passport for visiting my family after years of not seeing them. What do u think
1. If you use your national passport, then you are re-availing yourself of the protection of the country that you are claiming persecution from. Good way to lose your protected status.

roycanada

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
I believe RTD is not acceptable in UAE and Qatar.

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
I know it's hard, really hard. I am apart from my family since years. But will never take the wrong way which is 100% going to effect my case and their case in the future. We came ALL the way till here, we have two options; either give up and go back to our families or keep up until things are sorted out :-(.

Reactions: luckyrefugee

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Hi Everyone, did anyone apply for RTD (renewal specifically) since the pandemic happened (April-May-June-July-August) and what is the status?
I have to renew my RTD which is expiring early next year.
Thanks

Reactions: Mano1110786

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your only safe option is to all visit another country that accepts your family and the RTD.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
I know it's hard, really hard. I am apart from my family since years. But will never take the wrong way which is 100% going to effect my case and their case in the future. We came ALL the way till here, we have two options; either give up and go back to our families or keep up until things are sorted out :-(.
Easy way is go to a country where u can get a visa on RTD and meet them
There. That is what everyone do. I met my family in malaysia for 3 months . Was great

Reactions: KatbiyaNazi

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Hi Everyone, did anyone apply for RTD (renewal specifically) since the pandemic happened (April-May-June-July-August) and what is the status?
I have to renew my RTD which is expiring early next year.
Thanks
Hi
I need to renew my RTD too and applied via webform application to process my request many times but all in vain. I’m waiting for the offices to open but I’m not sure when they will open

• Sad
Reactions: KatbiyaNazi

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Easy way is go to a country where u can get a visa on RTD and meet them
There. That is what everyone do. I met my family in Malaysia for 3 months . Was great
Hello dear, I have been searching for someone who traveled to Malaysia with an RTD. Can you please help me by answering some of my questions about the visa processing, which airline you took, did you have any transit and any issues while transiting? And when did you travel?
I have traveled once with RTD and went to Thailand. However, had to transit from Seoul and honestly Seoul was terrible. They made us miss our Air Canada flight while returning to Toronto because they were not sure if we could enter Canada with RTDs.
Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Mano1110786