+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Jahprovideesp

Star Member
Apr 15, 2018
Due to asylum seekers wanting to move north or to another country there are many more border checks then the a few years ago in the Schengen area.
When last did you visit Schengen area? Stop giving false information. I live in Schengen State.

I travel alot within West, North, East Europe.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When last did you visit Schengen area? Stop giving false information. I live in Schengen State.

I travel alot within West, North, East Europe.
I have read tons of articles and seen it on TV. If you're crossing from Italy to France your passport is likely to be checked. Same as some of the big tourist areas. Perhaps you are not taking trains or crossing popular border crossings.

http://www.infomigrants.net/en/post/8750/border-controls-in-europe-s-schengen-zone
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/the-french-italian-border-reveals-the-essence-of-the-european-clash-on-migration/2018/06/28/1f26dd78-732f-11e8-bda1-18e53a448a14_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.994a8adea9cc
https://www.thelocal.se/20180703/new-border-controls-introduced-at-airports-and-ports-across-sweden

Jahprovideesp

Star Member
Apr 15, 2018
You should be specific. Italy and france are just 2 countries of Schengen states which are 26 Countries.

I do travel by Bus, train and plane if something happen in 2 countries! You can't generalised Schengen States.

Italy problem is because of the Assylum seakers coming in from the Sea.

So be Specific in order not to spread false information.

Regards

Reactions: champion92_pls

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should be specific. Italy and france are just 2 countries of Schengen states which are 26 Countries.

I do travel by Bus, train and plane if something happen in 2 countries! You can't generalised Schengen States.

Italy problem is because of the Assylum seakers coming in from the Sea.

So be Specific in order not to spread false information.

Regards
Have you looked at the articles I attached. An issue between most countries. Didn't even attach articles about Hungary, Austria, etc

Jahprovideesp

Star Member
Apr 15, 2018
I'd look at it. I'm trying to correct you that Schengen is 26 Countries.

So be Specific. Not all Schengen because I'm not sure how many Schengen states you have traveled to by Road or train.

I've always base your advise on influx of Assylum! I wonder is you're are born in Canada.

Jahprovideesp

Star Member
Apr 15, 2018
Have you looked at the articles I attached. An issue between most countries. Didn't even attach articles about Hungary, Austria, etc
'd look at it. I'm trying to correct you that Schengen is 26 Countries.

So be Specific. Not all Schengen because I'm not sure how many Schengen states you have traveled to by Road or train.

I've always base your advise on influx of Assylum! I wonder is you're are born in Canada.

lknd3

Jan 11, 2018
Has anybody traveled to Paris on the RTD recently?Do you need a visa for a short stay?
I recently traveled there, yes France requires RTD holders (whether they have PR or not) to obtain a short stay visa (Schengen) before travelling there, I applied with RTD at VFS Ottawa and received the visa in 30 days, submitted bank statements, job letter, house contract...
Took a direct flight to Paris, no issues going to France or returning to Canada, just make sure to have another document (PR card, work permit, IRB letter ...) as the airline did request to see my work permit before letting me board the plane on the way back (IRCC only requires the RTD, but just take your work permit or PR with you, its better than trying to convince the airline that you only need RTD)

You can travel to Germany visa free (I checked with the embassy), just because you may be able to cross from Germany to other Schengen countries without getting caught does not mean its legal though, I would not recommend it. If you can't get the proper visa than just don't go (in my opinion).

Reactions: Liluh

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Anyone know how long it takes to receive the RTD? And if I travel to their office will I receive it within a day or two?
Keep in mind you first need to get approved as a protected person and you will have to wait for a letter explain that you have received a positive or negative result from your hearing. That can take a week or two or a few months. There are quite a few steps before you can apply for an RTD. Don't book any tickets until you receive a letter. Also sounds like you need a visa.

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
Keep in mind you first need to get approved as a protected person and you will have to wait for a letter explain that you have received a positive or negative result from your hearing. That can take a week or two or a few months. There are quite a few steps before you can apply for an RTD. Don't book any tickets until you receive a letter. Also sounds like you need a visa.
Sounds good. Thank you!!!

Myyenks

Oct 14, 2018
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
Hello there, Can anyone tell me who can be a guarantor when you’re applying for a refugee travel document? Can my sibling who is a Canadian citizen and lives with me, do it? Please help

champion92_pls

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
If you do not have a guarantor who has known you for at least two (2) years, and who is eligible, you must complete a Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor form, take to a notary and you should be fine. Make sure the notary also sign your photographs. I did that and I got my RTD.