+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Medoxtar

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
Do I need to provide hotels bookings in a country I’m going to when I apply for a visa?
That’s a must once you don’t have any relation living in the county definitely you’ll provide a valid hotel reservation while submitting your application for the visa.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
That’s a must once you don’t have any relation living in the county definitely you’ll provide a valid hotel reservation while submitting your application for the visa.
Yeah that’s what I meant, if I knew someone there and I’d be living with them, that would be okay if I dont have hotel reservations?

BlueMoon8794

May 20, 2018
Anyone can help me with my nationality? I hold RTD and for applying visa for sri lanka it ask my nationality! What should i write the country where i was born?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
what's the chances of geting a US visiting visa without the physical pr card?

also what are the typical requirements they need?

I was raised there (partial elementary, full middle school and highschool) I have an american accent and everything. Also I have dozens of family members who are US citizens as well as dozens of US citizen friends so my connections to the country as far as letters are almost endless.

Ultimately what do you find to be the main thing the embassy looks at when granting visitors visas
Have you been granted protected person status? Perplexed how someone who has spent almost 10 years in the US would now qualify for Canadian asylum.

Dorothy111

Oct 1, 2018
Hi there,
I am confused a bit, I want to see clearly my situation please help me with your own experience or suggestion.

I have been Convention Refugee (Protected Person) for three months.

My PR card is in process for one month.

I consider to apply for the Refugee Travel Document. I know I will need one guarantor (that would be my lawyer) and two references.

1st question:
My guarantor and one of my reference can not be the same person, right?

I am planning to apply my RTD.

2nd question:
If I would get my Travel Document and I would want to travel to Munich within the following few months, I guess I wouldn’t need Visa to Germany (Munich) right?

3rd question:
According to your own experiences would be there any risk at the re-entry at the canadian border as a Convention refugee with Refugee Travel Document when I come back to Canada?

Maybe would be there a person at the airport who asks me, where is your PR card or something just like it?
Will she/he maybe not accept if I say my PR card is in process? Can they see in their system my PR is really/ indeed in process?

Or should I wait for getting my PR card and just after that apply for the Travel Document?

Honestly, What do you recommend me?

Thank you in advance!!