+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

GioReyes94

Oct 21, 2018
Hello guys, I am convention refugee that doesn't have a permanent resident status yet and travelled to Europe until yesterday so I wanted to share my experience so people know about it.
As I said I don't have a PR card and applied for a refugee travel document, bought a ticket to Frankfurt with "Condor" airlines, at the Toronto airport I was requested the blue travel document and my PR card, I showed them the notice of decision from immigration and it was all good, when landed in Germany I was just asked what was my final destination to which I said Berlin, no problems at all, then I took a bus to go to Budapest since Hungary does not require a visa for a refugee travel document, I searched for this before the trip, be careful, because yes, technically there are no border checks but you can't go to let's say France, because they do require a visa, but in my case Germany and Hungary don't require the visa so it was all good. When I came back to Canada, an officer must asked for the blue passport, what was my itinerary in Europe and notice of decision letter.

So if you want to have a Visa free trip your safe bets are Germany and Hungary :)

Reactions: MargaritaIsland

Msanimrod

Oct 21, 2018
Good afternoon, I wanted to ask if I could go to Saudi Arabia with Refugee travel document. By the way I’m a refugee and don’t have PR I only have PR confirmation and I’m eligible to apply for a travel document.

Here2help

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Good afternoon, I wanted to ask if I could go to Saudi Arabia with Refugee travel document. By the way I’m a refugee and don’t have PR I only have PR confirmation and I’m eligible to apply for a travel document.
Saudi Arabia dose not accept RTD without PR card. After getting PR card you can go to Saudi Arabia with UMRAH visa. You must get the visa through an Umrah agent.

rowanlan

Jul 31, 2018
Hello Guys

I book my vacation for cayo coco cuba on November with airtransat , i hold Canada Refugee Travel Document (RTD) and not yet have my PR Card.
any one try to visit cuba with RTD without PR card and only Notice of Decision paper from court ?

Regards

levenscan

Oct 30, 2018
Hello guys,

Please help me with a couple of question if you know. I have RTD and no PR yet.
1) Do I need a visa for traveling to Mexico with RTD. (I'm going to book a direct flight to avoid US-visa).
2) I have valid US visa in Ukrainian passport which seized by CIC. Can I apply for another visa to the US with RPD?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
Hello guys,

Please help me with a couple of question if you know. I have RTD and no PR yet.
1) Do I need a visa for traveling to Mexico with RTD. (I'm going to book a direct flight to avoid US-visa).
2) I have valid US visa in Ukrainian passport which seized by CIC. Can I apply for another visa to the US with RPD?

Thank you.
How long did your RTD take?

Reactions: Dyna92

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Guys

I book my vacation for cayo coco cuba on November with airtransat , i hold Canada Refugee Travel Document (RTD) and not yet have my PR Card.
any one try to visit cuba with RTD without PR card and only Notice of Decision paper from court ?

Regards
Did you not call the Embassy before booking the holiday?

szaib002

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Hello Guys

Regards
You should be fine as long as you have the travel card that Cuba issues. I think it is about $10 USD.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
I just don’t understand which document I should apply for to travel??

I came to Canada as a refugee with my mom. But became a permanent resident through spousal sponsorship.

Please tell me cuz my head is going crazy.

rowanlan

Jul 31, 2018
You should be fine as long as you have the travel card that Cuba issues. I think it is about $10 USD.
what should i write in Nationality in "toursit Card" My Iranian Nationality or wrote Refugee or Statelessness Or Canada?
because on our RTD there is no Nationality

May 27, 2018
thabk you bro for sharing!

Hello guys, I am convention refugee that doesn't have a permanent resident status yet and travelled to Europe until yesterday so I wanted to share my experience so people know about it.
As I said I don't have a PR card and applied for a refugee travel document, bought a ticket to Frankfurt with "Condor" airlines, at the Toronto airport I was requested the blue travel document and my PR card, I showed them the notice of decision from immigration and it was all good, when landed in Germany I was just asked what was my final destination to which I said Berlin, no problems at all, then I took a bus to go to Budapest since Hungary does not require a visa for a refugee travel document, I searched for this before the trip, be careful, because yes, technically there are no border checks but you can't go to let's say France, because they do require a visa, but in my case Germany and Hungary don't require the visa so it was all good. When I came back to Canada, an officer must asked for the blue passport, what was my itinerary in Europe and notice of decision letter.

So if you want to have a Visa free trip your safe bets are Germany and Hungary :)

Reactions: GioReyes94