+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Hello12987

Jun 12, 2022
I had all my physical pictures dated and signed in the back by my guarantor, so when they asked me to send it virtually via epost, what I did is scan both pictures front and back, so i scanned and made 1 pdf for each photo which contains the front and backside. and I also took one clear picture of my photo with my phone and added it as a separate jpeg document since the agent told me they might use it for the passport picture. That's how I added it and I received my passport 10 days later.
Hi, I did the same. Thank you for confirming.

• Love
Reactions: Ghess23

Nohomeboy

Jan 30, 2021
THANKS TO ALLAH I RECEIVED MY RTD LAST WEEK AFTER 5 MONTHS ONLY WHEN I SENT THE URGENT PROOF WITH LETTER VIA WEB FORM
MY WIFE AND SON AND ME SENT TOGETHER THE RTD REQUEST BUT THEY SENT MINE WE ARE WAITING FOR MY WIFE AND SON
How long does it take after you sent the form with proofs?

Juanapaa

Aug 30, 2022
I have RTD , traveled to Germany and Mexico ,
I wanna apply for Schengen Visa , anyone has gotten Schengen Visa on RTD ? Which country is easier to apply , how long is the visa ?

I would like to ask you about your travel to Mexico with RTD. did you have Mexican visa or Canadian PR or American Visa printed in your passport. Or only the RTD? If it's possible can you share your experience. I am Colombian And theorically I don't need visa to go Mexico but I don't have my passport only RTD (also NO PR, still in process). Thank you

Ahmed-Ali2020

Dec 17, 2019
Did anyone know is Algeria accept RTD and Did they issue a visa on it?

I'm planning to travel to Algeria next month, I tried to call the embassy but the did not respond the call.

atlas2018

Apr 8, 2020
Hello, I received a voice message from Immigration Canada about TD. They said we are waiting for your tracking number for your national passport via fax. What should I send them exactly? I don't understand.

Goodiegiddy

Jul 9, 2022
Hi guys,
I got an email giving me the application number for my RTD application and saying thst it was flagged urgent, I applied in April 2022, does anyone know how long it takes to recieve the RTD after receiving such email? Has anyone gotten a similar email?

SSKAA

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Hi guys,
I got an email giving me the application number for my RTD application and saying thst it was flagged urgent, I applied in April 2022, does anyone know how long it takes to recieve the RTD after receiving such email? Has anyone gotten a similar email?
Hi, I applied in January, and received the same email (with urgent application number) from IRCC in April, still nothing.

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hey guys,
So I applied to PR as a convention refugee in Canada but while waiting I also applied to RTD ( refugee travel document). Does anyone know if we need to send a copy of our passport because I didn't since my original passport isn't with me and it's written in the requirements.
Another question, Does anyone have an idea on the time it takes these days because I keep on sending them webforms and they say my application isn't in the system and it's been three months. Is this normal?