+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Goodiegiddy

Jul 9, 2022
Hi, are you still waiting for the epost message till now? If so, could it be that you still have many months remainig on your current RTD?
Yes ,I am still waiting for the epost till now. My current travel document expires in October 2022. But I cannot travel with it beacuase it doesn't have a six month validity anymore and i have sent it to them . Trust me, I am frustrated about the issue as I have sent several web forms without any positive hope.

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
what it means?
I applied May 2022 for TD ( I’m PR), for urgency reasons
One week before an official with name and number , answered.
she said- be sure that we flagged your application as urgent & proceeding with it.
Does it mean that next week I’m going to receive the TD ?
I don’t know

Askhar131

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
Yes ,I am still waiting for the epost till now. My current travel document expires in October 2022. But I cannot travel with it beacuase it doesn't have a six month validity anymore and i have sent it to them . Trust me, I am frustrated about the issue as I have sent several web forms without any positive hope.
You should have sent the current RTD to them after them sending you an epost( which they haven't yet).

Reactions: Toronto1971

Goodiegiddy

Jul 9, 2022
You should have sent the current RTD to them after them sending you an epost( which they haven't yet).
I first applied by sending the package with the current TD to Gatineau. It was after I applied that they started using webform for urgency, so I followed up with a webform that I need the TD urgently. I even attached a fully paid flight ticket which expires on Monday.

Askhar131

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
I first applied by sending the package with the current TD to Gatineau. It was after I applied that they started using webform for urgency, so I followed up with a webform that I need the TD urgently. I even attached a fully paid flight ticket which expires on Monday.
I get your point. However, webform for urgency was there long before you applied. I first heard about webform for urgency in April 2021

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
Its not. You do not need birthplace to book a ticket. The passport number and your date of birth are the most important things for airlines. "Be Guided"
I don't know! But it looks that; birthplace must be showing in the passport. It’s up to the travellers to risk.
May I ask? how long an applicant should wait to receive TD ?

Hello12987

Jun 12, 2022
Hello, would really appreciate if some when can help me with my question right away. I applied for Urgent RTD and received a phone call today from IRCC in which he told me that he will be sending me a link to epost. I received that link right away, the only thing which I didn’t understand in that is regarding the picture. As IRCC asked me to upload all the required forms through the same epost, do they require a digital photo signed and dated my the photographer? If yes then how will be Guarantor sign that digital photo? Can any one guide me with the authentic way? Thank you in advance

Reactions: Toronto1971

racheelnaeem

Star Member
May 8, 2016
I don't know! But it looks that; birthplace must be showing in the passport. It’s up to the travellers to risk.
May I ask? how long an applicant should wait to receive TD ?
YES Birthplace is on travel document. I called IRCC, agent said if you want to travel it's up to you.. else it takes 3 to 8 weeks correct error

Hamdu2019

Oct 26, 2019
THANKS TO ALLAH I RECEIVED MY RTD LAST WEEK AFTER 5 MONTHS ONLY WHEN I SENT THE URGENT PROOF WITH LETTER VIA WEB FORM
MY WIFE AND SON AND ME SENT TOGETHER THE RTD REQUEST BUT THEY SENT MINE WE ARE WAITING FOR MY WIFE AND SON

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Hello, would really appreciate if some when can help me with my question right away. I applied for Urgent RTD and received a phone call today from IRCC in which he told me that he will be sending me a link to epost. I received that link right away, the only thing which I didn’t understand in that is regarding the picture. As IRCC asked me to upload all the required forms through the same epost, do they require a digital photo signed and dated my the photographer? If yes then how will be Guarantor sign that digital photo? Can any one guide me with the authentic way? Thank you in advance
I had all my physical pictures dated and signed in the back by my guarantor, so when they asked me to send it virtually via epost, what I did is scan both pictures front and back, so i scanned and made 1 pdf for each photo which contains the front and backside. and I also took one clear picture of my photo with my phone and added it as a separate jpeg document since the agent told me they might use it for the passport picture. That's how I added it and I received my passport 10 days later.

Reactions: Hello12987