+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

031_guy

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
Hi guys,

i applied for my RTD in June 2022 ( after getting my NOD )and now i need to request urgent processing. I just booked a flight ticket to Chicago on 23 September 2022 (considering US visa appointment ) . I have a relative who was in a car accident in 2021 and was in a coma for weeks. I am the only relative he has in North America. Do your think IRCC will accept this travel timeframe and process my RTD ?

031_guy

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
I just got my RTD. I submitted a webform for urgent processing and provided them with information on when I'm travelling, and why and the next day i phone call from immigration saying i would get an email and to upload my documents via e-post. i submitted my documents and my plane ticket and 3 weeks later i got my RTD. I didn't submit any proof of why i need to travel urgently, just submitted a plane ticket.

Webform sent: June 22, 2022
Received Email / Call: June 23, 2022
Received RTD: July 18, 2022
how much time did you give when booking your ticket ?

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Hi guys,

i applied for my RTD in June 2022 ( after getting my NOD )and now i need to request urgent processing. I just booked a flight ticket to Chicago on 23 September 2022 (considering US visa appointment ) . I have a relative who was in a car accident in 2021 and was in a coma for weeks. I am the only relative he has in North America. Do your think IRCC will accept this travel timeframe and process my RTD ?
Maybe they will accept it, it all about trying and sorry about your relative situation hopefully he recover as soon as possible.

Manalqadi

Jul 26, 2022
Hello, so I have been looking for information about travelling to bosnia for few days holding a canadian refugee travel document and i am not finding anything and the embassy isnt responding. Just wanted to note that i have a pr. does anybody know if I need a visa?

Hamdu2019

Oct 26, 2019
No there is a section in the bottom right if I remember of each of 3 pages where you sign
please share the link
I applied with my wife and son
Did not receive any thing
Applied since 21 March 2022
Applied via fast track fedex all documents to
Gatineau Qc
No communication
Called many times
And sent web form with urgent reason
And now I got job fro cross border can- us
Sent my Employement letter now
Hoping to receive

Hamdu2019

Oct 26, 2019
Hi everyone,

this is my urgent rtd application timeline. It’s very important to initiate the urgent request through webform, there is a specialdropdown for urgent rtd request. they called me and opened a place for me in epost to send all my papers there, I scanned everything and attached it.

May 10: sent webform online request for urgent RTD
May 11: received email saying that my request is approved and sent to RTD responsible office
May 12: I received a call from agent, she told me that she will send me an econnect link and that I can scan all the documents and attach them using epost connect
May 28: i sent all document using epost connect
May 31: I see that IRCC opened the msg I sent
June 9: i received RTD
Which link you used ?
Pls share

Askhar131

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
I filled webform and my urgent RTD process was sent to COI. However, I should have received Canada Post epost mail in 5 business days but I did not receive it. I have a valid travel document that is expiring in 6 months. However, in order to travel or make visa applications, I need RTD with at least 6 months validity. I sent more webform request asking I did not get my Canada Post e-mail. They responded with generic respond that says the agent who processed my urgent travel document request to COI took appropriate actions. However it seems like they did not. Or maybe because I have current valid travel document and they want me to wait for the expiration date of that RTD? Did anyone experience that kind of issue with urgent RTD application?
Hi, did you end up receivin the epost for the renewal

Goodiegiddy

Jul 9, 2022
I filled webform and my urgent RTD process was sent to COI. However, I should have received Canada Post epost mail in 5 business days but I did not receive it. I have a valid travel document that is expiring in 6 months. However, in order to travel or make visa applications, I need RTD with at least 6 months validity. I sent more webform request asking I did not get my Canada Post e-mail. They responded with generic respond that says the agent who processed my urgent travel document request to COI took appropriate actions. However it seems like they did not. Or maybe because I have current valid travel document and they want me to wait for the expiration date of that RTD? Did anyone experience that kind of issue with urgent RTD application?
Yes I have a similar experience since April, I didn't recieve the epost connect message after I got an email that I will recieve within 5 business days. I have sent several webforms as a follow up but I still didn't get it up till now. All I get is that an agent who responded to me took appropriate steps.

Hamdu2019

Oct 26, 2019
g and provided them with information on when I'm travelling, and why and the next day i phone call from immigration saying i would get an email and to upload my documents via e-post. i submitted my documents and my plane ticket and 3 weeks later i got my RTD. I didn't submit any proof of why i need to travel urgently, just submitted a plane ticket.
Hi please share the link which you submitted the webform pls

Hamdu2019

Oct 26, 2019
Applying without urgency takes forever, that's why i went for the urgent route, hopefully they give me it in time. Submitting a webform to inquire about your application is useless, they always send the same message back to back, it really gets you nowhere..
WHICH URGENT LINK YOU USED PLEASE SHARE

MontrealRefugee

Jan 21, 2021
Hi guys I am accepted refugee and I need to apply for RTD but one of the requirements is that I must provide any valid travel document but how can I do this? My passport is with IRCC Montreal how can I get it back? Can i apply for RTD without it? Please help me anyone who has applied for Refugee Travel Document or got their passport back from IRCC Montreal?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi guys I am accepted refugee and I need to apply for RTD but one of the requirements is that I must provide any valid travel document but how can I do this? My passport is with IRCC Montreal how can I get it back? Can i apply for RTD without it? Please help me anyone who has applied for Refugee Travel Document or got their passport back from IRCC Montreal?
There is no requirement to provide valid travel document.... apply and indicate that your passport is seized by the CBSA/IRCC after claiming Asylum