+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

abyurla

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Yes, I applied on March 16th and I received it on March 28th. When I submitted the request using the webform, I mentioned that I need to travel urgently due to a personal emergency but I didn't submit any proof and was never asked to do so. After I sent out the webform, I received a call in about 3 days and the officer asked me if I wanted to submit my application by mail or online via e-post. I chose e-post and I received the invitation email an hour later after the call. Submitted the application with the required documents and boom 2 weeks later the new RTD arrived in my mailbox.
Hello, did you ever apply by mail initially or send physical passport photographs ? please can you share the url for the e-post

shumailaazeem3

Apr 28, 2021
if you send your application via regular mail (I.e. Canada post) it will go to Ottawa (at least with epost system).

BTW, the issuing office is in Gatineau QC which shares borders with Ottawa ON, so the addresses might be few minutes away from each other even though they're in different provinces
Where should I post my application ottawa or Quebec address?

shumailaazeem3

Apr 28, 2021
If IRCC wants new pictures because previous one has shadows do I have to signed it by guarantor again? If the same guarantor is not available what should I do? Can I change guarantor for my pictures sign? Please help

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
please can you share the instruction. i can't see where to select urgent travel in the webform options.
I applied since Sept 2021
They, unfortunately, seem to have removed it from webform as soon as their office opened for processing, I applied using it in May but now I don't see it. I'd recommend calling, you might have to apply for urgent processing by mail.

shumailaazeem3

Apr 28, 2021
They, unfortunately, seem to have removed it from webform as soon as their office opened for processing, I applied using it in May but now I don't see it. I'd recommend calling, you might have to apply for urgent processing by mail.
Where to call? I have tried IRCC number but they never answer