+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Malikadi007

Sep 8, 2021
fake news, my friends are using their home country passport all the time, they just asked why they used it couple times but never took any kind of actions. most of border service agents don't care unless u go back home.
Hi - Did your friend had PR card also? when they travelled on passport?

juanbuka88

Apr 12, 2022
hi guys, im a protected person and i already got my travel document, does any body know whether there is any restriction to visit a neighbour country to the country i am escaping from ?? i want to meet my family there example : im escaping from afghanistan but i want to meet my family either iran or pakistan, thanks

benali

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
hi guys, im a protected person and i already got my travel document, does any body know whether there is any restriction to visit a neighbour country to the country i am escaping from ?? i want to meet my family there example : im escaping from afghanistan but i want to meet my family either iran or pakistan, thanks
No there is no restrictions to visit a neighbouring country.

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Just be careful and have evidence if you can that you didnt go into your country, when I went to Germany, the border officer asked me if i went back home in Africa, so pretty far from Germany… so just be ready for an explanation if they ask

EmA123

Nov 28, 2020
Hello
Can you please help me?
My fiancé applied for travel document urgent by mail on 31 march. His lawyer helped him and I know that we have to use e-post but she was sure that the right way was with mail. Now after a month and a half she said she contacted with them and they didn’t accept the reason for urgent even tho i am sure with his reason he would get it because it was health problems and with a support letter from his doctor. She didn’t send a webform after she mailed the documents or before. I want to know if He can apply again ? What should he do?

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Hello,

I am a PR now, but I have claimed refugee in the past, and now I am a PR holding a refugee travel document (RTD) that I travel with. Every time I fly back to Canada, immigration stops me for further screening. Unlike other PRs who exit right away to claim their baggage.

Every time I get asked by Immigration exactly the two same questions only: 1) Where did I go 2) How long I stayed there

I asked Immigration why this happens with me every time, and they said is because I made a refugee claim before, but this won't happen again if I get my Canadian citizenship.

Is that true that I won't have to stop by immigration if I get my citizenship? Any experience from anyone?

Thanks,

EmA123

Nov 28, 2020
Hi,
Does anyone that have RTD know if i have to submit a copy of notice of seizure with my application for rtd?

tekinova

Sep 30, 2021
Guys, I have been waiting for the RDT for eight months. I called 20 times and sent several emails, but they only said it was in process. Is there anyone who applied by mail and still waiting for the RDT?

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Guys, I have been waiting for the RDT for eight months. I called 20 times and sent several emails, but they only said it was in process. Is there anyone who applied by mail and still waiting for the RDT?
RTD services werent available for years, they were only processing urgent RTD, the website now says they’re back to business :(

atlas2018

Apr 8, 2020
Hello Guys, when I applied for RTD renewal, I added the old expired RTD to the application package. So, when I apply for citizenship, I will only have the new RTD physically. How will I provide a photocopy of all pages in the travel document during five year eligibility period? Do we still need the old expired RTD for citizenship application? Thank you!

Last edited: