+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

silverxstorm

Mar 20, 2022
Does anyone plan to travel to Iraq? I need to apply Iraq visa for RTD, but the travel agency says I need 4 more people with me. They will get permission from Baghdad. If you are interested contact me we can apply together.

Vit_luiz4

Apr 28, 2022
hello guys.. I have 2 questions,

1) I know that you can get to Germany without a visa via RTD, and then you can travel to Poland or France by train or bus, and then return back to Germany and fly home to Canada? .

2).. I applied for RTD on March 1st, how long do I have to wait for RTD?

benali

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Hello,
hello guys.. I have 2 questions,

1) I know that you can get to Germany without a visa via RTD, and then you can travel to Poland or France by train or bus, and then return back to Germany and fly home to Canada? .

2).. I applied for RTD on March 1st, how long do I have to wait for RTD?
1- That's what I did and faced no issues.
2- Did you apply online? I applied on March 16th and received it on March 28th

Vit_luiz4

Apr 28, 2022
Hello,

1- That's what I did and faced no issues.
2- Did you apply online? I applied on March 16th and received it on March 28th
I sent an application by mail, online was not available for us. they said that they need to send it by mail, the photo signed by the guarantor cannot be sent online .. I don’t know why.

benali

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
I sent an application by mail, online was not available for us. they said that they need to send it by mail, the photo signed by the guarantor cannot be sent online .. I don’t know why.
I was able to send the application online visa epost with the photo as well.

Reactions: Papilus

Zai24

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Does anyone plan to travel to Iraq? I need to apply Iraq visa for RTD, but the travel agency says I need 4 more people with me. They will get permission from Baghdad. If you are interested contact me we can apply together.
How it is done. We also want to do after we get RTD.

mefepolat

Mar 18, 2022
Never ever use your home country passport or your refugee status will be revoked.
fake news, my friends are using their home country passport all the time, they just asked why they used it couple times but never took any kind of actions. most of border service agents don't care unless u go back home.

Reactions: Malikadi007

davidblue

May 7, 2021
Old RTD expires in August and renewing is not open unless for urgent reason.

It seems that Mexico does not enforce the 6 months rule, what about the airlines? will there be problem boarding the flight? Thank you.