+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Hello Guys, when I applied for RTD renewal, I added the old expired RTD to the application package. So, when I apply for citizenship, I will only have the new RTD physically. How will I provide a photocopy of all pages in the travel document during five year eligibility period? Do we still need the old expired RTD for citizenship application? Thank you!
When you apply for a new RTD, it says in the checklist to only send passports still valid not the expired ones, maybe call the rtd office and see if they can send it back with the new RTD

Reactions: atlas2018

qwertyasdf

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Hi everyone! i am applying for RTD, and i wanted to ask if i need documents to support identity such as Health Card for children under 16 years old or just the Pr Card? Thanks

EmA123

Nov 28, 2020
Hi
Can I withdraw my application for rtd?
and then use the same case of urgency again but now to do the application online?

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Hi everyone,

this is my urgent rtd application timeline. It’s very important to initiate the urgent request through webform, there is a specialdropdown for urgent rtd request. they called me and opened a place for me in epost to send all my papers there, I scanned everything and attached it.

May 10: sent webform online request for urgent RTD
May 11: received email saying that my request is approved and sent to RTD responsible office
May 12: I received a call from agent, she told me that she will send me an econnect link and that I can scan all the documents and attach them using epost connect
May 28: i sent all document using epost connect
May 31: I see that IRCC opened the msg I sent
June 9: i received RTD

AA22

May 16, 2022
Hi everyone,

this is my urgent rtd application timeline. It’s very important to initiate the urgent request through webform, there is a specialdropdown for urgent rtd request. they called me and opened a place for me in epost to send all my papers there, I scanned everything and attached it.

May 11: received email saying that my request is approved and sent to RTD responsible office
May 12: I received a call from agent, she told me that she will send me an econnect link and that I can scan all the documents and attach them using epost connect
did they require any proof of the urgent reason?

AA22

May 16, 2022
Hello Guys, when I applied for RTD renewal, I added the old expired RTD to the application package. So, when I apply for citizenship, I will only have the new RTD physically. How will I provide a photocopy of all pages in the travel document during five year eligibility period? Do we still need the old expired RTD for citizenship application? Thank you!
hey. I made the same mistake, and still waiting for my new RTD. and requested to send back my expired RTD.

AA22

May 16, 2022
Yes, I applied on March 16th and I received it on March 28th. When I submitted the request using the webform, I mentioned that I need to travel urgently due to a personal emergency but I didn't submit any proof and was never asked to do so. After I sent out the webform, I received a call in about 3 days and the officer asked me if I wanted to submit my application by mail or online via e-post. I chose e-post and I received the invitation email an hour later after the call. Submitted the application with the required documents and boom 2 weeks later the new RTD arrived in my mailbox.
what were the required docs? web form says proof of proof of travel, proof of payment which were not required before as I remember.

Marchimillo

Jul 30, 2021
Hi everyone,

hello I would ask u did they ask for a guarantor

qwertyasdf

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Hello everyone, i am applying for travel document… on canada website it says “sign each page of application”

does this mean i have to sign the back of the pages? Thanks

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Hello everyone, i am applying for travel document… on canada website it says “sign each page of application”

does this mean i have to sign the back of the pages? Thanks
No there is a section in the bottom right if I remember of each of 3 pages where you sign