+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

lknd3

Jan 11, 2018
US Visa question!!!
I've got my PR. Still have a valid US Visa in my passport, but the passport itself will end soon. I don't want to renew passport and will apply for RTD. Is it possible to travel to US with an old passport and RTD without applying for a new US Visa?
Thanks in advance.
Once you are a protected person in Canada you should never use your home country passport as it will likely cause you a lot of trouble in the future with IRCC including revoking your PR (most likely when you try to apply for citizenship or renew PR)
You should get your RTD and use it to apply for a new US visa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
US Visa question!!!
I've got my PR. Still have a valid US Visa in my passport, but the passport itself will end soon. I don't want to renew passport and will apply for RTD. Is it possible to travel to US with an old passport and RTD without applying for a new US Visa?
Thanks in advance.
You should check with the US embassy. I sense that you will need a new visa given your change in circumstance as a protected person.

Reactions: Lovely-Canada

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Do you guys know, how long it’s to get RTD? They’ve received my application on Dec 17, 2018 and since then it’s been almost a month now that I’ve not heard from them.

Today, I missed a call from Montreal number, I know their office is in Montreal, later I tried to call but the number wasn’t working.

Do they call they call?
I think you will receive it this week, it usually takes 30 calendar days.

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
Do you guys know, how long it’s to get RTD? They’ve received my application on Dec 17, 2018 and since then it’s been almost a month now that I’ve not heard from them.

Today, I missed a call from Montreal number, I know their office is in Montreal, later I tried to call but the number wasn’t working.

Do they call they call?
I once got called to confirm something on the forms. It was from an unknown number. They are technically in Gatineau not Montreal. It might still be them though, I'm not sure. I would suggest to wait for another call tomorrow, otherwise call the helpline.

Good luck!

Violet flower

Oct 14, 2018
G.evening everyone,

Hopefully I can find someone here now to help me in this :
I'm filling now the travel document application and wanna send it tomorrow; I'm not sure really about question (5) when they said : do you have any valid travel document or passport from any country other than Canada ? I chose No ; but then on the same line there's an arrow ( if no longer in your possession explain why ) : is this question I have to answer it ?
Knowing that I can't type because I chose No ; but thought maybe they want me to do it by hand writing ?

Appreciate your help here guys .

Regards ;

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
G.evening everyone,

I'm filling now the travel document application and wanna send it tomorrow; I'm not sure really about question (5) when they said : do you have any valid travel document or passport from any country other than Canada ? I chose No ; but then on the same line there's an arrow ( if no longer in your possession explain why ) : is this question I have to answer it ?
Knowing that I can't type because I chose No ; but thought maybe they want me to do it by hand writing ?

Regards ;
Once you choose NO, you don’t have to add anything else.

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
G.evening everyone,

Regards ;
You will need to explain

Violet flower

Oct 14, 2018
Hi everyone,

My qestion is does Egypt accepts RTD and if it does, do I need Visa to travel to Egypt with my Refugee Travel Document.

Please if anyone has travel to Egypt with RTD before, it will be of a great help

I have tried the following link:
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/passport-visa-health-travel-document-requirements.htm

but could not figure out if visa is required or RTD is accepted.
Hi,

I also want to know about Egypt visa , please if you knew anything let us know.
Regards,

gramos

Jan 20, 2019
Hi

Guys i have RTD TRAVEL DOCUMENT
is there anyway some of you guys can let me know if i can travel to Netherlands or Italy without visa

Please let me know
thank you