+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Hi everone,

Who recently applied RTD for emergency ? How much fee should ve paid regular one or emergency amount?

Mandara

Mar 5, 2021
Hi, I have applied for refugee claimant in 2020 Feb. Waiting for refugee hearing date. In Aug 2020 I gt mail saying that Irb have reffered the file. After that no update from them. When I cld irb over phone they saying it may take one year, two year.. I want to get my seized passport back. I want to pply for schengan visa. I don't know what to do. Pls if some one knows, pls tell

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I have applied for refugee claimant in 2020 Feb. Waiting for refugee hearing date. In Aug 2020 I gt mail saying that Irb have reffered the file. After that no update from them. When I cld irb over phone they saying it may take one year, two year.. I want to get my seized passport back. I want to pply for schengan visa. I don't know what to do. Pls if some one knows, pls tell
You can't use your passport or you would put your asylum claim in jeopardy. It's called reavailment. If you leave Canada your asylum claim will be considered abandoned. You are unlikely to get a visa with your open asylum claim.

Christalin

Feb 14, 2019
[QUOTE = "Ghess23, message: 9264108, membre: 500778"]
MOI AUSSI. J'ai besoin d'une réponse à cela.
[/CITATION]

Garants
Vous avez besoin d'un garant pour votre demande de titre de voyage. Votre répondant peut être un membre de votre famille ou toute personne vivant à votre adresse, à condition de répondre aux exigences du garant:

Vous n'avez pas besoin d'un garant si vous renouvelez votre passeport. Vous n'en avez besoin que si vous demandez un nouveau passeport.

Reactions: Ghess23

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hello
Any one knows as a refugee in canada with 10 year old son, if I will get approval, can I apply for travel document for my son and I, however my husband is not in canada and I am not divorce yet. I don’t have my son guardianship as well so I don’t know if we can apply for trav

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hello
Any one knows as a refugee in canada with 10 year old son, if I will get approval, can I apply for travel document for my son and I, however my husband is not in canada and I am not divorce yet. I don’t have my son guardianship as well so I don’t know if we can apply for travel document and if he is allowed to travel out of canada.
Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
Any one knows as a refugee in canada with 10 year old son, if I will get approval, can I apply for travel document for my son and I, however my husband is not in canada and I am not divorce yet. I don’t have my son guardianship as well so I don’t know if we can apply for trav
Do you have protected person status? PR?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hopefully I will have it soon. My hearing is in April.
If I'm understanding you correctly your son isn't in Canada. You will have to include him in your PR application and once you're approved for PR his application for PR will be processed. You can certainly try to apply for a TRV for him but it will pretty clear he isn't a visitor so there is a high chance it may be denied but it certainly doesn't hurt to try. You should be working on completing your divorce and getting primary custody and agreement from the father that the son can move to Canada.

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
If I'm understanding you correctly your son isn't in Canada. You will have to include him in your PR application and once you're approved for PR his application for PR will be processed. You can certainly try to apply for a TRV for him but it will pretty clear he isn't a visitor so there is a high chance it may be denied but it certainly doesn't hurt to try. You should be working on completing your divorce and getting primary custody and agreement from the father that the son can move to Canada.
Hi. No. My son is here and we want to apply for travel document to travel out of canada to visit his grand father. I am not divorce yet and I don’t have my son guardianship from court that’s why some people told me I might not able to return to canada if we travel without his father.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. No. My son is here and we want to apply for travel document to travel out of canada to visit his grand father. I am not divorce yet and I don’t have my son guardianship from court that’s why some people told me I might not able to return to canada if we travel without his father.
To travel yes your son needs permission from his father to travel. Proof that both parents allow the child to travel applies to many countries. Assume his grandfather is not living in your home country.

Oscarsunil

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Hey guys,
I am conventional refugee and applied for pr in Nov 2020,
Is this is the the rite time to apply for RTD , and what all documents are needed for that.
Please share your expertise

Ali94

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Hello.
Did anyone apply to VISA for turkey with RTD recently?

How much it is going to take? and what is their requirement? Can anyone share his experience, please?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys,
I am conventional refugee and applied for pr in Nov 2020,
Is this is the the rite time to apply for RTD , and what all documents are needed for that.
Please share your expertise
If you need to travel then you can apply for RTD. Since travel isn't advised you need to be prepared that you could get stuck abroad and you'll need to prepare for the costs of quarantining when you return home.

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Hello.
Did anyone apply to VISA for turkey with RTD recently?

How much it is going to take? and what is their requirement? Can anyone share his experience, please?
Hi there,

All questions is written in there application. When you try to apply you should start filling out visa application and before submiting they ask some requirements and should check the boxs that you aggree with them.

Normally, 5-6weeks visa answers, (yes or no) for refugee travel document 30 days total days, but could be more if you have some other reasons, normal as visa documents- banks statements, work document, your income, recently taken photo, hotel and air booking etc. And be sure take cash as well to pay visa fee. More info you can find in there website. Good luck.