+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee interviews

Mitti

Star Member
Nov 3, 2022
Hi! I got my AOC today and my medical examination instructions.
but I got a question
In the document that says “ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF CLAIM AND NOTICE TO RETURN FOR INTERVIEW”
It says:
You are required to return for an interview with respect to your refugee claim. The details are as follows:
Date:
Time:
Address:

but the spaces are empty, there is no information on those details.
At the bottom of the page says that if I do not appear in my interview they will determine my claim is abandoned, but there is no information on when to go.
You will have to book the appointment to get your medical done, after dr submitted the result in a portal you’ll receive a notification and interview letter

OFC632

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Yea I know some friends in cornwall (Ontario)who applied in December, they have even received their workpermit and some of those who applied in November whose cases have been judged to be less complex have received their positive response without hearing. In fact the time does not really matter all depend on who is processing your case, and how lucky you are.
I applied in September and I have received my Work permit today.
Your friends in cornwall ontario, where did they apply their cases in ontario or quebec. And when their timeline is?

Mitti

Star Member
Nov 3, 2022
What is your timeline? And in which city you have applied? How many days it says you have to submit documents?
Submitted end of October
Medical in Jan
First interview end of Jan
Work permit Feb16
Second interview end of Feb
Got less complex today

Toronto

Last edited:
Reactions: Heba.ali

Heba.ali

Mar 1, 2023
Submitted end of October
Medical in Jan
First interview end of Jan
Work permit Feb16
Second interview end of Feb
Got less complex today

Toronto
Hi, can you share more details? Did you apply from within Canada or a border? Also, did you assign a lawyer? And was your interview in etobicoke? Thanks in advance.

Mitti

Star Member
Nov 3, 2022
Hi, can you share more details? Did you apply from within Canada or a border? Also, did you assign a lawyer? And was your interview in etobicoke? Thanks in advance.
Hey. I’ve applied after 2 years been in Canada. I did it by my own, I don’t have a lawyer but it’s good to get a lawyer if you can afford it, im already stressed and struggling lol. Was in Etobicoke yes

Heba.ali

Mar 1, 2023
Hey. I’ve applied after 2 years been in Canada. I did it by my own, I don’t have a lawyer but it’s good to get a lawyer if you can afford it, im already stressed and struggling lol. Was in Etobicoke yes
Oh, I’ve applied from the border and got a lawyer once I got here. I transferred my case to toronto from Montreal but I’m yet to hear from them. It’s been two months. Three since I arrived in Canada and two since I submitted my documents. I’ve already submitted my medical, & biometrics within the first week of my arrival. I’m confused on why it’s taking so long to hear back from the centre in Etobicoke.
Goodluck though, I’m sure everything will go well on your end.

Reactions: Mitti

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
your timeline is fast. what is your country of origin?

Mitti

Star Member
Nov 3, 2022
Oh, I’ve applied from the border and got a lawyer once I got here. I transferred my case to toronto from Montreal but I’m yet to hear from them. It’s been two months. Three since I arrived in Canada and two since I submitted my documents. I’ve already submitted my medical, & biometrics within the first week of my arrival. I’m confused on why it’s taking so long to hear back from the centre in Etobicoke.
Goodluck though, I’m sure everything will go well on your end.
No worries you will get the interview soon, it’s really depends on who process your application. I was waiting for a month to get AOC at the beginning.

Reactions: trvdxb

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Your friends in cornwall ontario, where did they apply their cases in ontario or quebec. And when their timeline is?
They applied in cornwall, Ontario.
My timeline.
Applied in September 2022
Medical and biometrics on September 2022
Eligibility interview with the minister’s delegate on November 2022
Brown paper December 2022
Workpermit on January 2023

Basis of claim together with evidence on January 2023

received less complex with a short hearing on Feb 2023 and the hearing will take place in this month of March 22, 2023 all the best to me.
I don’t have any lawyer and don’t think I will get one.