+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee case under file review process for less complex cases

Skyline2019

Feb 14, 2019
How much is the time waiting after receiving less complex letter for review process? To receive the hearing letter
Igot selected in feb 2019, submitted my documents on time, then got approval letter in april, it ws just 1.5 Month.. in may 2019 i applied for pr nd stiill waiting

titapet

Mar 29, 2020
Hi.. ijust want to know if somebody got their claim accepted under file review process and how much time did it took irb to finalize their decision

Here’s an overview of my timeline

November 2018 - Applied for refugee protection in Canada
January 2019 - Case referred to the refugee board
May 2020 - Hearing date but cancelled as a result of COVID-19
Mid September 2020 - Considered for processing under the file review process without hearing
15 October 2020 - Submitted all docs to RPD for the file review process
5 November 2020 - Refugee claim accepted without hearing

Good luck to everyone waiting

Reactions: Refugeeinquiry

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Mid September 2020 - Considered for processing under the file review process without hearing

Were you from one of the countries considered for expedited processing? You were scheduled for a hearing and doesn't sound like you were selected for expedited processing initially but then were lucky enough to not have to wait for another hearing and were approved.

• Love
Reactions: Ex ツ

titapet

Mar 29, 2020
Were you from one of the countries considered for expedited processing? You were scheduled for a hearing and doesn't sound like you were selected for expedited processing initially but then were lucky enough to not have to wait for another hearing and were approved.
I am not from any of the countries considered for expedited processing. Just had a good case with respect to country conditions and a little bit of luck to be chosen for the file review process.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am not from any of the countries considered for expedited processing. Just had a good case with respect to country conditions and a little bit of luck to be chosen for the file review process.
Sounds like they are allowing more cases to be assessed without a hearing due to covid.

Refugeeinquiry

Dec 4, 2020

Please could you tell how and when did you receive your decision. Was it through mail?

Last edited: