+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee case in Pretoria

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
@Mfumu
The IOM tickets are not refundable but there is an amount to pay for it ,nothing significant, for Europe the people I know paid 65 euro per ticket for 2 teenagers to travel from Kin to Dublin .IOM officials were at each airport they transited in to assist them. They traveled with Red cross travel documents. It doesn't take long for IOM to organise the tickets,all they need is proof that you are granted PR.
For Canada I know that it is a loan if funds come from the Government,I actually drove the person to Jo'burg airport (Jan Smuts at the time 1995)not only to refugees even to Canadian citizens needing help to return home, the funds constitute a loan to be repaid . Of course the exception would be a natural disaster like Tsunami ,earthquake etc...
The repayments are very affordable ,you should n't worry about that. First be patient enough to survive the Pretoria Office waiting period. Some Visa offices take even longer, a friend of mine went to Canada in 2006 after waiting 7 years processing (Ukraine office) .Rest assured they will get back to you ,at some point :CIC NEVER FORGETS ITS EGGS
God bles

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
Hi Ario, thanks for making this even more clearer. I guess I shouldn't be wondering about these loans, help or gifts for my travel expenses rather than cooling down my heart (with water) to learn to how to be patient and wait until Pretoria will call.
I know this waiting time can be long and sometime even too long. Would you not advice someone to go extra miles by contacting them if the time frame as stipulated on their website as expired? (in my case 42 months)? If so, how best that would be?

Thanks

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
You can contact them when the estimated processing time is over,but don't think that will make them work faster ,like everywhere else in the world ,government offices move at their own pace. CIC is a government body ,so they never rush things.but in the last stages of processing ,they move very fast,they will be contacting you even by email to speed up things.
Immigration is a tough marathon race,some people run out of stamina but you need endurance to finish the race. you know the saying: When the going get tough,
The tough keep going

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
Hi Ario, I had my daily dose of good laugh while reading your reply.
I really need endurance as the waiting is taking a painful direction. The worse is when you can't do more (projects) where I am living now expecting to leave to Canada very soon. Everything are put on hold. What a life? Then the magic call we are waiting from Pretoria is taking all it time to come through. Yes the tough keep going...
What can we do? Nothing I guess. Specially knowing that they never reply to requests, what's the point to send them in the first place?
We will continue to hang there, until they will call...

Thanks

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Hi Mfumu
What do you mean No more projects? Don't make the common mistake of PR applicants.Putting everything on hold for Canada. Don't live in the past or for the future.By living your life in the present one day at a time and you will live all the days of your life,so enjoy your time in the rainbow nation while waiting to go to Canada. 42 months ?That's nothing You will be surprised to learn how these canadians know how to test people patience. So remember the key word Stamina

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
Yeah Ario, you're totaly right. We shouldn't put our lives on hold. We have a lot of things to enjoy and to explore on our limited space. Don't forget though that not all of us are that free to live life to the full at the present (please don't ask for more as I am talking behind the wall). So, the PR will be not only a good thing, but primary a good thing. (may the reader exerts its discernment)
Yes, we will wait until our names will be called, then I guess we will learn how to speak like others.
Are you praying for us or not?

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
Hy gangs,

I have some questions here that bother me.
What are the chances that a refugee case be rejected by a visa office?
In what step (when) the decision for a refugee case is made if they can grant him/her a Canadian PR?

Thank you for all your advice and experiences as you always do.
It is very much appreciated.

Mfumu

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Hi Mfumu
There is a difference between an asylum seeker and a refugee. For an asylum seeker the biggest barrier is to prove that his claim is genuine.If the claim is found to be genuine,than you are granted refugee status in the country where you happen to be residing ,then if that country cannot keep you permanently you are eligible for resettlement in a third country ,USA,Canada,Australia ,Venus,Mars,Jupiter,etc.... .and then the sky is the limit.
For most countries like Canada ,the only thing that can cause a refugee case to be rejected will be security clearance ,that is if they find something you concealed in your asylum application case such as previous membership of a radical group,paramilitary groups,or former genociders or if you committed some major crime in the past. Other than that you are assured to go to Canada ,for refugees even the medical check up is a mere formality to inform you of your health condition so that you may seek treatment on arrival in Canada. So even when the going gets tough Refugees are tough to keep going ha ha ha

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
Wow... thank you Ario. This is so true.
These refugees need protection and be treated equaly. Will this be possible in this world full of injustice? anyway... Some are rejected just because of the language barrier.
They need your voices... Thanks

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Language barrier ? for Canada there is no such thing,they welcome people of all cultures and languages.
That's why you will find all kind of peoples there :Europeans,Africans
Chinese,Japanese ,philipino, Uzbeks etc..,I am sure if you search thoroughly you could find some aliens too.
That's why so many people want to go there. That's the only country that publishes the number of immigrants they admit every year and the number is in the hundreds of thousands. Most Governments in Europe would fear a public backlash in the elections if they appear to be soft on immigration

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
Hi Ario, thanks for your reply.
I was refering to the language barrier with the interviewer officer. We love Canada for it willingness to accept immigrants and to make them feel at home. Hope they don't speak badly about them once they are in their secured homes?
We are still waiting to be called, we will never get tired. Just make sure you have enough blankets.

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
You choose the language you are comfortable with (French or English) certainly no chinese,greek or latin.
Have you been accepted already ? if yes why worry? the rest will fall into place in due course

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
Thanks a lot Ario. It's good to be bilingual French and English, but you must know when it's time to switch back to English from French or you would end up speaking Frenglish!!!
For your question, we don't know yet or maybe we know?. We've been informed by phone that the medical forms will be posted to us and to send our Police clearance 4 or 5 months ago. Since then no communication between them and us. We're still waiting. Is this mean we made it? Never been in this situation before, can’t know.

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
If they are posting the medical check up forms to you then you have almost made it, there will be no better news, views or interviews,you should just be wishing that your blood is clean. No need to learn further english,french , chinese , greek or latin. At this stage I think if you really received the phone call, you can call them or go there in person to inquire why the envelope is taking so long to travel from Pretoria to wherever you are. It happened to a friend of mine ,the envelope with tickets and PR documents were taking too long to arrive in Jo'burg and his friend package had already arrived but he was afraid to ask the embassy as usual with refugees . Then one day we went to Pretoria to ask,the receptionist said it was just lying on the shelf and she handed it to him ,that was November 1995 but the fear of asking delayed his trip to the end of January 1996 instead of November 1995 like his friend

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
Thanks Ario, what are you saying is true. Human error, mistakes or a lot on his/her plate is normal to human nature. But as you know, they don't reply or read their mails, they never say anything on the phone or even don't take calls and sadly I am thousands kilometters away from them. You guys need to pray for us before it's too late.