Walle2017

Feb 13, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
28-02-2018
Sent you..
Thanks a lot for the sample. Really helpful.

Do you know how long does TCS take to reply. Its been almost a week that I sent email to Corporate FFS requesting the letter. They didn;t reply yet. Is there any contact number to follow up?

Komal vaswani

Nov 25, 2017
Hi @DEEPCUR ,

I am working with TCS since last 4 years and I am also facing the same issue to get the reference letter from HR as I don't want to disclose this reason. could you please share the reference letter sample and affidavit template with me at vaswanikomal@gmail.com

email.6633

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
Even if you dont have the letter from HR, it is ok.. Get a rejection email from HR and then get a letter from supervisor. It should basically include 4-5 points.
1. You are a full time since so and so date.
2. Your current drawn salary
3. Number of hours working per week.
4. Positions held during the time
5. Your roles and responsibility (Important and should match NOC)

Attach supervisor s employment proof (visiting card, employment letter or something).

Along with this letter, attach your deputation letter, salary stack or standard letters from TCS.

sach429

Feb 8, 2018
@DEEPCUR
I worked in TCS for 7 years in two locations (US (recent) and India) and had 4 Job Titles (Asst. Systems Engineer (Trainee), Asst. Systems Engineer, Systems Engineer, IT Analyst). For all the Job Titles, I was essentially doing the same kind of work and hence they correspond to same NOC 2174 (Computer Programmer). Upon resignation, I requested skill certificate (that is what they call in TCS) which differs from the required format as follows:
1. Mentions only the last Job Title (IT Analyst) and the roles and responsibilities performed therein
2. Does not mention the last drawn salary
3. Does not mention the hours worked per week

I have the email from HR stating that they won't be able to tweak the format. Hence, while filling the Work History section, can I do the following

Add one row for each of the Job Titles/Locations
For all the rows attach the same skill certificate.
Attach a letter of explanation citing the reason why the specified format could not provided and what other supporting documents I have provided

Supporting Documents:
1. HR email stating the format cannot be modified.
2. Indian payslips (number of days paid and the job title held).
3. US payslips (for hours worked)
4. Form 16, W2 (for annual salary)

Will this be sufficient?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
@DEEPCUR
I worked in TCS for 7 years in two locations (US (recent) and India) and had 4 Job Titles (Asst. Systems Engineer (Trainee), Asst. Systems Engineer, Systems Engineer, IT Analyst). For all the Job Titles, I was essentially doing the same kind of work and hence they correspond to same NOC 2174 (Computer Programmer). Upon resignation, I requested skill certificate (that is what they call in TCS) which differs from the required format as follows:
1. Mentions only the last Job Title (IT Analyst) and the roles and responsibilities performed therein
2. Does not mention the last drawn salary
3. Does not mention the hours worked per week

I have the email from HR stating that they won't be able to tweak the format. Hence, while filling the Work History section, can I do the following

Add one row for each of the Job Titles/Locations
For all the rows attach the same skill certificate.
Attach a letter of explanation citing the reason why the specified format could not provided and what other supporting documents I have provided

Supporting Documents:
1. HR email stating the format cannot be modified.
2. Indian payslips (number of days paid and the job title held).
3. US payslips (for hours worked)
4. Form 16, W2 (for annual salary)

Will this be sufficient?
One row per country with last held designation is sufficient.. You can include promotion and annual salary increment letters too because they too contain designation, and salary on letter head.

sach429

Feb 8, 2018
One row per country with last held designation is sufficient.. You can include promotion and annual salary increment letters too because they too contain designation, and salary on letter head.
Thanks a lot for your prompt response, much appreciated!
Unfortunately, I do not have any softcopy of my appraisal letters, and everytime I have sent email to Corporate FFS (TCS) they seem to ignore the mail content and just respond in a pre-defined format. TCS alumniportal also does not have those documents, any idea/experience in retrieving the same?