+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letter from TCS

shini2969

Aug 11, 2017
@DEEPCUR just one last question, responsibilities here means all the roles and responsibilities from all the projects worked in ? Is this correct ? There is no need to mention in detail about every account worked in and from what time to what time and all these details right ? An overview is sufficient ? Am I right in understanding this please ?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
@DEEPCUR just one last question, responsibilities here means all the roles and responsibilities from all the projects worked in ? Is this correct ? There is no need to mention in detail about every account worked in and from what time to what time and all these details right ? An overview is sufficient ? Am I right in understanding this please ?
That is right. Five or six points for entire duration. Since you are getting it from colleague, just make sure that it is properly aligned with NOC that you are claiming. Like a paraphrased version of NOC duties.

I have a template that I used for the affidavit, I can send to you if you want. You could DM your email id. I cannot send it right away, but in a day or two, I could send it.

shini2969

Aug 11, 2017
That is right. Five or six points for entire duration. Since you are getting it from colleague, just make sure that it is properly aligned with NOC that you are claiming. Like a paraphrased version of NOC duties.

I have a template that I used for the affidavit, I can send to you if you want. You could DM your email id. I cannot send it right away, but in a day or two, I could send it.
Done !!! Please check your inbox :)

Reactions: avjk08

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017

Hi DeepCur,

Could you please send me the template as well.

shikha22

Jun 8, 2017
India
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-08-2017
Doc's Request.
09-08-2017
AOR Received.
21-10-2017
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
Thank you so much for your response, @DEEPCUR . I have received my ITA recently, and this letter was my biggest concern.

Reactions: ramya priya

shini2969

Aug 11, 2017
Guys, DM me your emails if you need template. I won't check back this thread any more.
@DEEPCUR, would you please try to send this copy of the affidavit by today please. I have a colleague who would help me with this back in India this week. Also am runnning out of time. Could you kindly send the document by today eod if possoble ? I have send u my email id , DM , please check ...

cad585

Sep 10, 2017
Hi,

My query is I have 10 years work exp in TCS but as we all know our designations are never mapped to our roles how do you explain that? I fall under NOC 0211 and 2283 and my current designation is Ast.Consultant.Also @DEEPCUR can you share the sample with me? I can't DM you. Can you fwd to apjdenmark585atgmaildotcom

somniator

Sep 21, 2017
I am working with TCS since 7 years and you can not directly get the letter......
PM me and i will tell you how you can get it.

I am working in canada and received PR a couple of months back.
TCS will issue responsibilities letter only for people who resigned, and not for people who are actively employed.

Other option is to get the letter from a manager or co-worker, and have them notarized. It should include their official email id and phone number with country code. Submit that letter + their identity card. The colleague should have worked for the entire tenure in which you have worked in TCS because they would have to give an affidavit for your entire experience. It is fine if they have worked in different projects/locations/clients/teams etc. Just their tenure with TCS need to match your tenure. If your colleague has a Linkedin profile, make sure that it is up to date.

Write a explanation that since the company did not provide a letter, you got a notarized letter from manager/co-worker for responsibilities. If HR writes back in email saying that they won't issue the letter, include that as well for proof. It is fine even if they haven't given anything in writing. Just put an explanation, and you should be fine.

Also along with the letter include every other document that you have. Appraisal letters, promotion letters, tax returns, 6 recent pay slips etc. Even if it is overseas deputation, just include tax returns/pay slips of that you get from TCS in that country. Put everything in one PDF. Keep the first page for explanation, second page for index of documents, third page for actual letter from co-worker/manager with responsibilities, and followed everything in chronological order.. recent first.

I just listed what worked for me.

CIC is very liberal when it comes to reference letters from big companies and they don't expect it to be in letter head. But responsibilities letter is a must irrespective of any number of documents you provide. Without that CIC will not be able to confirm that you worked on your claimed NOC. No responsibilities document = no PR.
Hi,

Thanks for the above information. Can I check with you why TCS does not give such a letter to active employees? Are we violating any company laws by asking such a letter ? This is because my requests for reference letters for the purpose of immigration were received with shock and refusals.

shini2969

Aug 11, 2017
Hi,

Thanks for the above information. Can I check with you why TCS does not give such a letter to active employees? Are we violating any company laws by asking such a letter ? This is because my requests for reference letters for the purpose of immigration were received with shock and refusals.
They do not want to lose you ...

Walle2017

Feb 13, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
28-02-2018
@DEEPCUR Thank you so much for your guidance in this forum. Really helpful . Even I would like to have the template for the reference letter. This is needed for both me and my spouse. I am unable to DM you, could you please send it over @ saketa131@gmail.com

And one more question. What is their turn around time? I mean how long do they take to reply back with the reference letter?

Last edited:

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
@DEEPCUR Thank you so much for your guidance in this forum. Really helpful . Even I would like to have the template for the reference letter. This is needed for both me and my spouse. I am unable to DM you, could you please send it over @ saketa131@gmail.com

And one more question. What is their turn around time? I mean how long do they take to reply back with the reference letter?

Sent you..