+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letter for Express entry

May 7, 2018
Hi,

I work for TELUS communications as their Marketing Manager, Vancouver Canada. This 18th of June, I will complete 1 year of Canadian full time work experience (37.5 hours/week). However, I was on a contract position and under the payroll of a recruitment firm called "Procom". I was not incorporated. I am wondering from whom should I get my reference letter? Should it be from one of the recruiters at Procom ?? Or I need to get it from my reporting manager at TELUS?

Looking forward to some suggestion !

Best Regards,
Shreyoshi Ghosh

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,

I work for TELUS communications as their Marketing Manager, Vancouver Canada. This 18th of June, I will complete 1 year of Canadian full time work experience (37.5 hours/week). However, I was on a contract position and under the payroll of a recruitment firm called "Procom". I was not incorporated. I am wondering from whom should I get my reference letter? Should it be from one of the recruiters at Procom ?? Or I need to get it from my reporting manager at TELUS?
Both.
Your employer is the agency, so they have to write details regarding salary, dates of hire, etc. but Telus (your client) won't know those details. And vice-versa - the agency cannot attest to your job duties/responsibilities, your reporting manager is in the best position to do that. Just make sure, between the two letters, that all the required information is covered.

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
so complicated..who initially hired you and paying you? if telus is dba of procom you have to get a letter from procom

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Both.
Your employer is the agency, so they have to write details regarding salary, dates of hire, etc. but Telus (your client) won't know those details. And vice-versa - the agency cannot attest to your job duties/responsibilities, your reporting manager is in the best position to do that. Just make sure, between the two letters, that all the required information is covered.
Yes I consent, as I did same for my Italian work experience, I was hired by consultant company and was working at client, and same advise @jes_ON gave me at that time, which I followed and succeeded...