+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RECONSIDERATION LETTER REQUEST TO IRCC

DAMSAM

Jun 7, 2023
My wife stays in Canada on a study permit VISA applied for Canadian Spousal Open Work permit for me and a student permit for my daughter in January 2023. Our visa application has been refused on 24/04/2023 on the following grounds.
  1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
  2. The compensation (monetary or other) indicated in your job offer and your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
  3. You have significant family ties in Canada.• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
We immediately submitted our reconsideration letter on 30/04/2023 to IRCC Abu Dhabi and we received an email from IRCC Abu Dhabi on 12/05/2023 stating that our application has been forwarded to a Migration Officer for review and the request will be reviewed within 30 days from the date email received. Anyone can assist with what could be the approximate time that will be taken by IRCC for the final decision?

Last edited:
Reactions: abdul2009

Dannyquaye

Sep 6, 2021
My wife stays in Canada on a study permit VISA applied for Canadian Spousal Open Work permit for me and a student permit for my daughter in January 2023. Our visa application has been refused on 24/04/2023 on the following grounds.
  1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
  2. The compensation (monetary or other) indicated in your job offer and your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
  3. You have significant family ties in Canada.• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
We immediately submitted our reconsideration letter on 30/04/2023 to IRCC Abu Dhabi and we received an email from IRCC Abu Dhabi on 12/05/2023 stating that our application has been forwarded to a Migration Officer for review and the request will be reviewed within 30 days from the date email received. Anyone can assist with what could be the approximate time that will be taken by IRCC for the final decision?
I think with reconsideration the processing time depends on the case; how complex it is. For my case I was refused because I didn't not submit my medicals within the time frame. The evidence was that, it was the Panel Physician that delayed in submitting my results.

So a reconsideration request was put in and my application status changed. So I think it will depend on the case at hand. Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is not formal timeline for reconsideration. Reconsideration is fairly rare and usually only in situations when you feel like submitted evidence has been missed or not considered. Are you citizens of the UAE? If not then ties to your home country can be an issue. How much savings has your family shown after tuition payment? How long is your wife’s program? Is she studying an advanced degree like masters or PhD? Is your child your wife’s child as well?

shaheenone

Sep 16, 2023
Hi, DAMSAM,

Just saw your post, did you get any reply.
Also I would like to know how did you apply for reconsideration to IRCC Abu Dhabi, I also got refused today (16 Sept 2023).
With same reasons you mentioned in your post.
This help will be highly appreciated, Also if you able to tell me what did you wrote in the letter.
Thanks
Kind Regards

DAMSAM

Jun 7, 2023
Dear,
I submitted my reconsideration letter but no use they took three months to respond mentioning that their decision remains the same. I prefer to check with your IRCC consultant and login new application again.

shaheenone

Sep 16, 2023
Dear,
I submitted my reconsideration letter but no use they took three months to respond mentioning that their decision remains the same. I prefer to check with your IRCC consultant and login new application again.
Thanks for your quick reply, I understand they took long time and that's the way they are, I have applied to GCMS Notes as well. I want to know exact reason which I might find in GCMS notes, then I will address accordingly. In GCMS notes which will be aprox 30-50 pages will have all process and officer notes, dept processed the application.

If I found in that something addressable then I will file for reconsideration even those notes will be helpful if reapply, in that we will know why it was refused so we can cover / avoid the same issue again. I applied for GCMS yesterday the process time for notes is 30-45 days.

The reason I have which is very common of pre drafted letters they sent for visa refusal.

I also have a US Visa Appointment next month, If that was successful I might apply for Can+ Visa which for US visa holders, Even for that I want to avoid while re-applying before GCMS note.

Just for knowledge if you have to provide me sample / draft (hiding your details) to reconsideration letter incase.
Thanks

faisalarshad

Oct 11, 2023
My situation is same I applied for my Work Permit under the Startup Visa Program. I got a rejection that "you have not obtained a commitment made by one or more designated entities." The same was submitted to IRCC directly from the Angel Investor to IRCC in March and the acknowledgment from IRCC is also Available. I have sent a reconsideration request and on the tracking sheet it says we have received your inquiry, what does that mean on the portal, it shows last updated 5th of October, I understand its the officer's decision to accept or reject is there any timeline?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My situation is same I applied for my Work Permit under the Startup Visa Program. I got a rejection that "you have not obtained a commitment made by one or more designated entities." The same was submitted to IRCC directly from the Angel Investor to IRCC in March and the acknowledgment from IRCC is also Available. I have sent a reconsideration request and on the tracking sheet it says we have received your inquiry, what does that mean on the portal, it shows last updated 5th of October, I understand its the officer's decision to accept or reject is there any timeline?
Who is your Angel Investor?

faisalarshad

Oct 11, 2023
It seems that the rejection reason mentioned was clear negligence on the part of the case officer since I have seen the email confirmation and all required documents were already there. wonder what the actual reason lets see what they do now.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It seems that the rejection reason mentioned was clear negligence on the part of the case officer since I have seen the email confirmation and all required documents were already there. wonder what the actual reason lets see what they do now.
There are only 8 approved so is it one of the designated organizations? If so wait and see.

Martaaa

Oct 12, 2023