+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recommendation on Insurance Providers for Visitor Visa not Super Visa

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
Hello Folks,

This a forum full of great and knowledgeable people and I would appreciate if someone can help me out here.

My folks are planning to visit me for 3 months summer of 2016 and I would like to buy visitors travel insurance for them as they won't be covered under Provincial Health plan. I looked at some quotes online , but would like to know if there is a preferred favourite company that is GO TO for such type of insurance and people have gone for ?

This will greatly help me narrow down my search. For now the cheapest I have found on insurancehotline/kanetix.ca is $524 for $50,000 coverage with $1000 deductible

Can someone please provide some suggestions

Much appreciated
Mahesh

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
healthcare is very expensive in canada...dont take the risk of cheap coverage, if anything bad happens you might be broke.
dont take anything less than 100k and take 250$ deductable if you take 1000$ deductable and if any happens where will you get 1k.
check this insurance i am taking for my dad..dont forget to mention stable condition coverage...its expensive but peace of mind..old age ...dont take chances..i have seen people household getting sold off
www.safevisit.ca

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
MARCHIE said:
healthcare is very expensive in canada...dont take the risk of cheap coverage, if anything bad happens you might be broke.
dont take anything less than 100k and take 250$ deductable if you take 1000$ deductable and if any happens where will you get 1k.
check this insurance i am taking for my dad..dont forget to mention stable condition coverage...its expensive but peace of mind..old age ...dont take chances..i have seen people household getting sold off
www.safevisit.ca
Took a quick quote now and it is about $900 and some change with the options you mentioned. The underwriter is ManuLife here, wouldn't it be better to go with ManuLife's CoverMe Travel ?

I completely agree with you my friend , my dad's 64 and mum's 59 but touchwood they have been very healthy and have no chronic conditions. I couldn't agree more with your point for opting a cheap coverage as healthcare expenses can screw you badly(pardon the use of my language). $100K still seems a little too much for a 3 month stay. Sure you can never predict or prepare.

Someone else has any ideas ?

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
any emergency medical addmission in canada is average 5k$ per day...i am in a medical field i know it.. cheap coverage means companies give less premiums and it looks rosy but keep in mind your coverage will be compramised, and actual time of claim filing comes, this is not covered and that is not covered will take you on a shock ride you you

what you declare in your form will only be considered so tell whats there. yes ur parents are in good health..but OLD AGE is unpredictable 03 months is too long... better safe than sorry.