+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recently applied for an Open Work Permit from Nigeria?

Etjigger

Nov 22, 2020
It's better to apply NOW for a spousal open work permit. If you are not from a visa-exempt country and your spouse does not have an extensive travel history, it may be difficult to demonstrate that they would leave Canada at the end of your studies/expiration of their work permit. Furthermore, if you have less than 6 months left before your study permit expires/the end of your studies, you may not be able to successfully apply for your spouse's work permit. The earlier the better. In general, if you are not from a visa exempt country, it's always better to apply for a spousal open work permit instead of a visitor's visas. Your spouse can get the work permit now and then travel later when they're ready. Whatever you used to prove you would return in the first place, should be good for your spouse's application too. In general, property, family ties and good economic prospects could point to an applicant's readiness to leave Canada at the end of their legal stay. Good luck!
i applied in october 2020 and up till this time no response from them aftr i did my biometrics since same october.

Etjigger

Nov 22, 2020
Hi! This thread is mainly for people who have recently applied for a Spousal Open Work Permit (S-OWP) from the Canadian Deputy High Commission in Lagos, Nigeria. I'd appreciate any feedback/advice from your experiences. It'll also be great if we can share timelines. I submitted an online application for a S-OWP on September 24 2013 but until now have not received any information regarding the application from the embassy. According to current processing times, it'll take the very busy Canadian Deputy High Commission in Lagos only 5 months to process the application so I really have nothing to complain about yet unless of course I happen to have garnered from this forum that it takes other visa offices like the ones in New Delhi/Mumbai (India) 20-22 lengthy days to process similar applications! I digress.

Is there anyone with or without recent experience of applying for a S-OWP or any other type of work permit from the visa office in Nigeria willing to share some relevant helpful information on this thread? I'd be very thankful for any relevant information (from anybody). Thanks!
i applied october 2020, did my biometrics same october and i havent heard from them till this moment. been going to four months now... still no communication from them. the wait is killing.