+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recent TRV return passport time within Canada

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
My tracker was activated last night and I received my passport this afternoon!. Application approved on the 8th of nov.

Nov 7, 2017
My tracker was activated last night and I received my passport this afternoon!. Application approved on the 8th of nov.
Could you let me know at what time yesterday was the tracker activated? I still haven't lost the hope to receive my passport tomorrow. Will keep checking that tonight.

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Could you let me know at what time yesterday was the tracker activated? I still haven't lost the hope to receive my passport tomorrow. Will keep checking that tonight.
It was activated around 7:30 pm in Ottawa. It depends when its processed by canada post. I have other parcels that were processed even later than that so maybe it will be activated tonight!

Celine999

Nov 17, 2017
My timeline:
Application submitted: 2017.10.07
Passport request: 2017.10.18
Send passport via Canada Post (bought prepaid Xpresspost): 2017.10.22
Delivered to Ottawa: 2017.10.24
Application approved: 2017.11.10
Cannot track it online so I made a phone call to CIC this afternoon, waiting for nearly 40min...
The customer rep told me that my passport is just dispatched (2017.11.17 - Fri)
So maybe Canada post will update it by tonight or next Monday.
Hope I could receive it before my flight on 2017.11.23.

Update: item processed by Canada post at 18:30 on Nov 17

Last edited:

sadrudds

Nov 16, 2017
applied on 25 oct 2017
passport request 02 November
passport submitted on same day and received on 6th of November
application approved on 17th november 2017
tracker activated same day 17th november 2017
passport received on 20th november

roughly process time is about a month.

k9394

Nov 1, 2017
applied on 25 oct 2017

I applied on the 20th of October..got my passport request and approval on the 5th of November.. they received my passport on the 8th ... I called them last week and I got an email that they have my passport and will be dispatching.. but the tracker is still not available..
I have a flight on Saturday and this thing is really stressing me out

k9394

Nov 1, 2017
This is ridiculous!... My tracker said that they received my passport on the 8th of November and when I called again they said that they received it on the 15th of November.. so I should expect it next week!! its taken over a month for me and I applied within Canada..

Field

Nov 20, 2017
This is ridiculous!... My tracker said that they received my passport on the 8th of November and when I called again they said that they received it on the 15th of November.. so I should expect it next week!! its taken over a month for me and I applied within Canada..
Same. Mine is delivered one-day earlier than you, but they told me they received it on 16th of Nov...

Nov 20, 2017
I got my passport request on November 14th and i sent the passport on the same day. It was delivered to CPP ottawa on Nov 15th. I have a travel plan on December 8th. But i am not sure if my passport is going to coming before my travel date.

Can anyone share there timelines who have submitted their passport in November?

Last edited:

cammy

Nov 24, 2017
applied on 25 oct 2017

Hey there. Would you be able to share what time on the 17th your tracker was activated and application approval happened? Did you use CanadaPost Xpresspost tracking? What date did you mail your passport in?

cammy

Nov 24, 2017
I got my passport request on November 14th and i sent the passport on the same day. It was delivered to CPP ottawa on Nov 15th. I have a travel plan on December 8th. But i am not sure if my passport is going to coming before my travel date.

Can anyone share there timelines who have submitted their passport in November?
My passport was delivered to CPP Ottawa on Nov 14th (a day before yours). I also have travel plans that weekend. Hopefully we get our passport in time. I am very anxious. I called CIC yesterday and all they told me was they received it and its in queue waiting to be printed. It never took this long last time.

Ashley Chen

Nov 26, 2017
My passport was delivered to CPP Ottawa on Nov 14th (a day before yours). I also have travel plans that weekend. Hopefully we get our passport in time. I am very anxious. I called CIC yesterday and all they told me was they received it and its in queue waiting to be printed. It never took this long last time.[/QUOTE
???
Have you guys got your passport yet ??
Any update

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017
My passport was delivered to CPP Ottawa on Nov 14th (a day before yours). I also have travel plans that weekend. Hopefully we get our passport in time. I am very anxious. I called CIC yesterday and all they told me was they received it and its in queue waiting to be printed. It never took this long last time.
What options you need to select while calling cpp. It always says “due to high volume we can’t transfer your phone to the operator” and do you have an option of verifying the status of your application online ?