+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Receiving PPR when I am already in Canada

dicksiu

Mar 10, 2024
I would like to ask if anyone has similar experience if you receive your PPR during PR application but at that moment you are already in Canada?
Since I will be applying my PR after OINP outside Canada ,but I am going to use my Open Work Permit to enter Canada while I am waiting for my PPR and COPR.
Will there be any problems to this matter?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I would like to ask if anyone has similar experience if you receive your PPR during PR application but at that moment you are already in Canada?
Since I will be applying my PR after OINP outside Canada ,but I am going to use my Open Work Permit to enter Canada while I am waiting for my PPR and COPR.
If your location changes after ITA, you have to inform IRCC through a webform.

Reactions: dicksiu

alexmd

May 25, 2024
Hi! I’m planning to do the same. Actually I already got my PPR but I was planning on travelling in the next couple of weeks and if I submit my passport I’m afraid that is not gonna get back to me on time. I have my open work permit and I’m planning to finish the process in Canada.
Do you have any updates regarding your situation?

Jul 19, 2023
Hi! I’m planning to do the same. Actually I already got my PPR but I was planning on travelling in the next couple of weeks and if I submit my passport I’m afraid that is not gonna get back to me on time. I have my open work permit and I’m planning to finish the process in Canada.
Do you have any updates regarding your situation?
Hi. I'm in the same position. What did you do? Appreciate your response. Thanks!

alexmd

May 25, 2024
Hi. I'm in the same position. What did you do? Appreciate your response. Thanks!
Hi! I just bought my ticket, so I’m gonna land in Canada and then will send a message to IRCC via their forum saying that I’m already in Canada in order to finish the process inland.

I’m wondering what are you gonna do?

Jul 19, 2023
Hi! I just bought my ticket, so I’m gonna land in Canada and then will send a message to IRCC via their forum saying that I’m already in Canada in order to finish the process inland.

My company lawyers said to do the same thing. Think it's going to work out. Although I'll only have 13 of the 30 days remaining on my PPR, so fingers crossed.

alexmd

May 25, 2024
My company lawyers said to do the same thing. Think it's going to work out. Although I'll only have 13 of the 30 days remaining on my PPR, so fingers crossed.
Oh, that’s good! I’ll have only a couple of days actually! But I guess that it counts since the day you submit your response by the forum. Fingers crossed. Also, in the letter they say that they "expect" to have your passport in 30 days but don’t say anything like they can cancel your process if you exceed that period of time. It’s just my guess…

alokpatel007

Star Member
Mar 19, 2024

It is generally not recommended. You have to be clear about your location and intention. I am not trying to afraid you, but be careful and may be try calling IRCC and ask whether you can do this or not.