+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received W-1 Worker Visa under CUAET but Confused

aliyahparveez

Jan 25, 2023
I am a Ukrainian national, I applied Canada Visa under CUAET program. I have received
Canada Multiple-Entry visa.
Category: W-1, WORKER,
Issued at: London.
Duration: 3 years.
I have also received: POE Introduction Letter-WP.
Question No 1) Can anyone tell me that, is my W-1 Worker visa is Open Work permit? Because I don't know, How can I come to know If the visa I have is Open work permit or not?

Question no 2) One of the Canadian RCIC officer told me that I can sponsor my spouse under Open Work permit, Is it right or wrong?
Question no 3) If that is not an Open work permit, Which is the most easiest and cheapest state to get PR in Canada? I have knee joint problem so I can work in sitting position.
Question no 4) How long will it take to get PR? I mean for How many months or years do I have to keep continue working.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
I am a Ukrainian national, I applied Canada Visa under CUAET program. I have received
Canada Multiple-Entry visa.
Category: W-1, WORKER,
Issued at: London.
Duration: 3 years.
I have also received: POE Introduction Letter-WP.
Question No 1) Can anyone tell me that, is my W-1 Worker visa is Open Work permit? Because I don't know, How can I come to know If the visa I have is Open work permit or not?

Question no 2) One of the Canadian RCIC officer told me that I can sponsor my spouse under Open Work permit, Is it right or wrong?
Question no 3) If that is not an Open work permit, Which is the most easiest and cheapest state to get PR in Canada? I have knee joint problem so I can work in sitting position.
Question no 4) How long will it take to get PR? I mean for How many months or years do I have to keep continue working.
Welcome to Canada. The W-1 is either an Open Permit, or limited to an employer permit. Since your visa does not state a specific employer or class of employer, it is an open permit.

Does your spouse have a Ukraine passport? If so, then your spouse can be granted a work permit under CUAET.

The current processing time for PR is 17 months, but in the case of a Ukrainian passport holder, you can submit a webform after submitting the PR application requesting your application be processed under priority status. If you do that, you need to put the words Ukraine 2022 at the bottom of the request letter.

aliyahparveez

Jan 25, 2023
Welcome to Canada. The W-1 is either an Open Permit, or limited to an employer permit. Since your visa does not state a specific employer or class of employer, it is an open permit.

Does your spouse have a Ukraine passport? If so, then your spouse can be granted a work permit under CUAET.

The current processing time for PR is 17 months, but in the case of a Ukrainian passport holder, you can submit a webform after submitting the PR application requesting your application be processed under priority status. If you do that, you need to put the words Ukraine 2022 at the bottom of the request letter.
My husband is a Pakistani national. I heard that with an Open Work Permit, I can sponsor my spouse. Is it correct? I mean as I have open work permit so I can sponsor him to come to Canada to live with me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My husband is a Pakistani national. I heard that with an Open Work Permit, I can sponsor my spouse. Is it correct? I mean as I have open work permit so I can sponsor him to come to Canada to live with me.
He qualifies for a CUAET visa since you are Ukrainian.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
As replied he qualifies for a CUAET visa BUT that's not referred to as "sponsorship".

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
CUAET is different than typical OWP. If asking any questions you need to specify that you have a WP through CUAET.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is there a reason you didn’t apply together? Where are you currently living?