+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received request for passport

Bspar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
My wife just received an email telling her that her application is almost complete and we need to "follow the following steps within the next 30 days".

My wife is Japanese so I believe that she does not require a visa to enter Canada (please correct me if I'm wrong) which means that we don't need to actually send the passport to the Case Processing Center in Ottawa, correct?

In that case we need to send a photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments. What exactly is an amendment? Is that the same as an entry stamp that you get when going through immigration in different countries or is it a more substantial change to the passport?

Reactions: canuser

Bspar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Interesting. I've never heard of amendment pages. I'm going to take a look at my passport. If thats the case then I guess we can just send off a copy of the photo page of the passport.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Look carefully at the passport pages themselves. The first page after my bio section on a Canadian passport is entitled 'Observation', then rest then have 'Visas' (for regular stamping), the last page says 'Do not stamp this page', I guess that is perhaps the amendments page.

Bspar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Yeah, I don't know how Canada does it. My wife's Japanese passport has "amendments" in the first couple of pages.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
It's my understanding that if you had an amendment to your passport, you would know about it. It's not something you have and don't know about.

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
My wife just received an email telling her that her application is almost complete and we need to "follow the following steps within the next 30 days".

My wife is Japanese so I believe that she does not require a visa to enter Canada (please correct me if I'm wrong) which means that we don't need to actually send the passport to the Case Processing Center in Ottawa, correct?

In that case we need to send a photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments. What exactly is an amendment? Is that the same as an entry stamp that you get when going through immigration in different countries or is it a more substantial change to the passport?
Hey @Bspar that's so exciting! Congrats. So how soon after the pre-arrival letter did that PPR come??

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
It's my understanding that if you had an amendment to your passport, you would know about it. It's not something you have and don't know about.
Yeah if you had your passport extended, etc. Some countries do this if they can't process new passports at the time you reapply.

Think this happened in the UK 10 or so years ago after a home office meltdown. They gave applicants 1 or 2 years extra on old ones.

Bspar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hey @Bspar that's so exciting! Congrats. So how soon after the pre-arrival letter did that PPR come??
It took about two days. We sent in the documents requested and they were received on Monday. I'm wondering how long it will take now until the next step. What is the next step? They wanted two photos so I assume that's for a PR card?

Bagnhero

Oct 30, 2018

Hei. I got the same email as you got, i Wonder do ue wife need visa to enter Canada. Im norwegians i want to know do i need visa to enter in Canada. But i have to apply for ETA. I Hope u can answer me

Bagnhero

Oct 30, 2018

Do you need to send ur wife passport in. Order to apply for visa? Or apply ETA online. I Wish u can answer me.