+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received request for military service details from CIC

Rakit

Apr 2, 2018
I got the same request yesterday.
I already had submitted the proof of military service of my husband, but they requested the details.
They asked for the information on
* your title/position
* your rank
* start date
* end date
* mandatory or career service
* duties/responsibilities
* during the course of your service, did you ever participate(including in a support function) in arrests, detention, or interrogations.
* involvement in combat operations
* commanding officers
* name and roles of unit(s)
* your location(s)
* # of people you supervised

I thought CIC requested this information because we are Korean(you know, North Korea and USA are fighting harder these days), but many people said the possibility to get requested this information is random.
Good luck.
Hi did they ask you to fill it online, or asked for paper to be send

pavelksg

Jun 13, 2018
Hi did they ask you to fill it online, or asked for paper to be send
I got a similar request as well and it was asking to fill out a PDF form right in the Express Entry system PDF message file. I had to then upload this PDF to the system as an additional document.

Mar 27, 2018
Hey, I just received same enquiry today, I wanted to know the timeline till or after filling it. How long did it take to get or after filling the form?

It has been over 23 months for me AINP inland

naqash_rehman

Feb 5, 2019
Hi Sir,
CIC is demanding my military services details or reasons of resignation.
But i never do a job in military or never gave a resign. So what i should do about that, can u explain plz. I need your help kindly guide me.

zahramaslavi

Apr 9, 2018
Hi,
I have a similar question to the above post (naqash_rehman). Today CIC requested the Military Certificate for my dependent spouse or his exemption document. However none these are applicable in our case. He never took the Military service (or been in military for any reason) and he does not have an exemption document. (He was a student before coming to Canada)

Does any one have a similar experience or know what we should provide as a response to their request?

scott.harry

May 30, 2018
Hi,
I have a similar question to the above post (naqash_rehman). Today CIC requested the Military Certificate for my dependent spouse or his exemption document. However none these are applicable in our case. He never took the Military service (or been in military for any reason) and he does not have an exemption document. (He was a student before coming to Canada)

Does any one have a similar experience or know what we should provide as a response to their request?
Hi! I just got the same request. What did you end up doing and do you know why did you get that request?

zahramaslavi

Apr 9, 2018
Hi! I just got the same request. What did you end up doing and do you know why did you get that request?
We just sent an explanation letter of why this document is not applicable to our case.
As I understand this request is regarding their concern about if the applicant have been involved in any war crime.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
We just sent an explanation letter of why this document is not applicable to our case.
As I understand this request is regarding their concern about if the applicant have been involved in any war crime.
Did your application pass.

I have a similar case myself, where I didn't attend mandatory military draft as I was studying outside my country of citizenship. I have two pieces of paper that show that I am exempted till I reach age 29. If I ever got this request , do you recommend attaching these two papers and LOE?

I never actually served in military so I really hope they wont ask me about it lol

Harry@33

Jan 15, 2017
I have a similar case, I have submitted my resignation,I have a few months before my release comes.
I was wondering, can I apply for PR and when the release comes then upload the documents for release.