Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for people with a similar experience of mandatory military service who filled and sent this form, cause I got a couple questions. Please help as soon as possible.

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I think it's rare in here - not seen many cases.

What are your questions?

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
They need me to fill a form which asks about my service details such as names of commanding officers, unit name, any active combats.. etc
I'm fine with most of it except I don't remember many names

Also, do I need to translate and upload the service completion document as well or not? Cause I don't currently have the original, only black and white copies.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Heathcliff77 said:
They need me to fill a form which asks about my service details such as names of commanding officers, unit name, any active combats.. etc
I'm fine with most of it except I don't remember many names

Also, do I need to translate and upload the service completion document as well or not? Cause I don't currently have the original, only black and white copies.
I think add in what you can remember. Explain in an LOE you don't remember all things with the copy you have. They just want to know what you were doing at that time.

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
I was petting scorpions in the desert, literally.

But many thanks I searched old threads and a few people said they didn't remember and it was alright i guess

leejt55

Jan 6, 2017
Can you post how your foreign military service is assessed for Express Entry, when you get answers from CIC?

I also have 2 yrs of mandatory military service and i was wondering if that can be counted toward forein work experience.

Thx.

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
leejt55 said:
Can you post how your foreign military service is assessed for Express Entry, when you get answers from CIC?

I also have 2 yrs of mandatory military service and i was wondering if that can be counted toward forein work experience.

Thx.
I didn't use my year as proof of work experience, I mentioned it in personal history.

However, I have a friend who already got PR, he used his 1 year mandatory military service for experience, and they didn't look towards it (didn't count) but I don't know the details (whether they dont accept military experience or perhaps cause it wasn't a full ref letter)

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Heathcliff77 said:
I didn't use my year as proof of work experience, I mentioned it in personal history.

However, I have a friend who already got PR, he used his 1 year mandatory military service for experience, and they didn't look towards it (didn't count) but I don't know the details (whether they dont accept military experience or perhaps cause it wasn't a full ref letter)
I've not found any evidence that CIC don't count military or government jobs as skilled work, so potentially his evidence wasn't sufficient.

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
kryt0n said:
I've not found any evidence that CIC don't count military or government jobs as skilled work, so potentially his evidence wasn't sufficient.
No no no thats not what I meant, they didn't count his service as work experience for some reason (probably improper ref letter) but definitely not cause it was in the military

In my country to make up for it, the rules are once you finish your service you provide the completion document to your workplace, and they add it to your experience as if you were working there through your military year (cause it's mandatory, its unfair to lose that year for nothing)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Heathcliff77 said:
No no no thats not what I meant, they didn't count his service as work experience for some reason (probably improper ref letter) but definitely not cause it was in the military

In my country to make up for it, the rules are once you finish your service you provide the completion document to your workplace, and they add it to your experience as if you were working there through your military year (cause it's mandatory, its unfair to lose that year for nothing)
1. Actually IRCC wants the military information to determine if you were in any possible war crimes during your service.

To achieve these objectives, the Department of Justice and its partners work together to:

prevent the admission to Canada of people involved in war crimes, crimes against humanity or genocide;
detect, at the earliest possible opportunity, alleged perpetrators of war crimes, crimes against humanity or genocide who are in Canada, and take steps to prevent them from obtaining status or citizenship;
revoke the status or citizenship of individuals involved or complicit in war crimes, crimes against humanity or genocide who are in Canada, and remove them from Canada; and
examine all claims that there are suspected perpetrators of war crimes and crimes against humanity living in Canada and, where appropriate, investigate and prosecute these individuals.

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
PMM said:
Hi

1. Actually IRCC wants the military information to determine if you were in any possible war crimes during your service.

To achieve these objectives, the Department of Justice and its partners work together to:

prevent the admission to Canada of people involved in war crimes, crimes against humanity or genocide;
detect, at the earliest possible opportunity, alleged perpetrators of war crimes, crimes against humanity or genocide who are in Canada, and take steps to prevent them from obtaining status or citizenship;
revoke the status or citizenship of individuals involved or complicit in war crimes, crimes against humanity or genocide who are in Canada, and remove them from Canada; and
examine all claims that there are suspected perpetrators of war crimes and crimes against humanity living in Canada and, where appropriate, investigate and prosecute these individuals.
Thanks PMM, that's what I assumed, but I have an important question, right now I only have a black and white photocopy of my service completion document, can I upload that or must it be a coloured scan?

ezio

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Thanks PMM, that's what I assumed, but I have an important question, right now I only have a black and white photocopy of my service completion document, can I upload that or must it be a coloured scan?
Hi Heathcliff77,

I have a similar case like you. What did you eventually did regarding this issue? Do I need to translate and upload the service completion document as well or not? Thank you.

asy1114

Apr 27, 2017
I got the same request yesterday.
I already had submitted the proof of military service of my husband, but they requested the details.
They asked for the information on
* your title/position
* your rank
* start date
* end date
* mandatory or career service
* duties/responsibilities
* during the course of your service, did you ever participate(including in a support function) in arrests, detention, or interrogations.
* involvement in combat operations
* commanding officers
* name and roles of unit(s)
* your location(s)
* # of people you supervised

I thought CIC requested this information because we are Korean(you know, North Korea and USA are fighting harder these days), but many people said the possibility to get requested this information is random.
Good luck.